It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gift of life and obligations to God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well personally I don't think that a gift comes with obligations. Do you?
You don't have to like a gift, you don't have to give that person a gift in return (though it is the proper thing), and you don't have to love them for it.

In fact, I bet we would all be quite proud of how immune we are to being suckered into obligation by some gift, or kind act. We take these for what they are. They are good, and they make us want to reciprocate, but we know that they do not imply that we have to. And if we sense ulterior motives, then we will be disgusted.

If God did in fact create us, then there is no way we could have asked for it or agreed to the rules of it. We simply weren't in existence to do anything. And therefore, if life does have rules attached to it, then there is no way we could have agreed to it before we were created.

When parents give their children a car, they put rules on it. It is a gift with rules attached, because the parents don't want the child to be hurt. Wow! That is beautiful. But whoops, what happens in this situation? The child doesn't get the car unless they agree to the rules. If we were not in existence to agree to the rules, then how does life remain a gift?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That is EXACTLY right.

*only you and I read the fine print or what?*

You know, where it says:

You own this soul. Your soul is your own to keep. No warranties, exclusions, guarantees or liabilities. Use your best judgment but be aware that first time success has not been verified or documented. Forgiveness has been found to increase investment gains in the 1000's over time. WE are proud to inform you that not one soul has been permanently lost in all our 7000 years of operations.

Your body comes with no mortgage or monthly premiums and is, without exception, AS IS. When replacement parts are no longer available and/or spark plugs cease firing (which ever comes first) return to the dealership for a replacement of your choice - no additional payments of any sort will ever be asked of you.

We respect your privacy and will never serve your eddress with green eggs disguised as spam; on boats, to goats, in a house, and certainly never to a mouse. We will, however, snoop for your dirty mags because we never get any new ones sent here. Please don't get them for the 'articles.'

Peace, Love, and F.U.
US
your partners
at the WorldWide 'ME' Team HQ

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
First I would have to ask what on Earth GOD could possibly need. I gave him that tie last Christmas, but ...

Seriously though,
from my Bible:

"As receivers, assume no weight of gratitude. To be overmindful of your "debt" is to doubt the generosity of the one who gave to you." KG 4:17

and

"You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here." ME 13

So, I have a right to be here and this "gift" of life is something I should just accept lest I risk doubting the generosity of my creator.

That might not work for everyone, but it's my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I actually believe that the "gift of life" that God is referring to is the "Eternal Life".

Life on earth is never meant to be perfect. We are not supposed to seek wordly or earthly things because this is temporary.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

top topics

join