It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the best Freshman in College Basketball?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is the year that see a whole lot of super-freshmen who would have usually been gathering pine on a NBA bench due to the new NBA rule.

Kevin Durant, F, #35, Texas, 6-9, 225 (averaging 25pts, 11.6 rbs/ 37 and 23 rbs at Texas Tech)

D.J. Augustine, PG, #14, Texas, 5-11, 175 (13.4 pts/ 7.1 assist/ General of Longhorn team that starts 4 freshmen)

Greg Oden, C, #20, Ohio State, 7-0, 280 (15.2 pts, 9.5 rbs, 3.5 blks/ Dominating presents of power)

Daequan Cook , PG, #31, 6-5, 210, (12.9pts, 1.3 ast, 5.5 rbs/ General of #4 team in Country)

Ty Lawson, PG, #5, UNC, 5-11, 193, (9.6pts, 2.4rbs, 5.1 asst/ Leader of #3 tarheels)

Brandan Wright, F, #34, UNC, 6-9, 205, (14.8 pts, 6.4 rbs)

I personally Believe its Kevin Durant's ability to take over a game. But what do you think
Feel free to add anyone else not listed but please make sure they are Freshmen

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Since I'm the only vote:

Kevin Durant of THE University of Texas is the Best Freshman in all of College Basketball.

Everbody else is

on the subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Celtic fan here. I know ever since we got screwed out Duncan, I have a strong feeling the ping-pong balls will screw us again. But, if Durant and Oden both come out next year. I would rather have Oden. I think Durant the better college player right now. Only because Oden is playing with one hand.

Oden just reminds me of a Celtic that use to wear #6.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Durant is amazing, no doubt.

But if he was playing with an immobilized shooting hand, I'm not sure he'd be putting up the numbers that Oden is.

The fact that Oden can still be a part of this conversation while playing through his current injury is proof positive:

Oden is better and should be drafted first.

Durant is better THIS YEAR and should receive POY honors.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Durant is very good. I will have to go with him.

He takes over games like MJ did.

He reminds me of a mix between MJ and Kevin Garnett.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Kevin Durant is the winner.

He was just named AP player of the year for everybody

First Freshman to ever do it.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Royal76]

new topics

top topics

join