It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youngest Sex Change Operation Initiated - 12 Year Old Child

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
What amazes me it that children are even thinking about this kind of thing in the first place.
Let's see, I was 12 in around 1974 and the biggest thing on my mind then was getting good school grades and starting to notice girls.
I just find it hard to fathom where they get these ideas from? I mean TV hasn't got that bad has it?
They have to get these ideas from somewhere intially, unless of course it's a case of mental illness in which case being responsible Parents you would seek help for your child.
I guess it's starting to get a little worrying who you seek help from!
The Doctors in Germany should never have gone through with this, like the other Doctors that agreed to amputate that poor girl either.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
We have to respect the rights of adults to make up their own minds, but do we have to support that right for children, in general?

Is that really changing?

To an extent yes, they need to learn to make informed decisions to prepare themselves for the big world out there. Indulging there every whim no matter how idiotic is not respecting their rights, it's just lazy/dumb parenting. (parenting being a very loose term in this case)

Although 99% of people are wonderful parents, it's the 1% and growing that worry me.
Yes I think it's slowly changing.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been stated before,but I didn't bother reading gobs of pages...

For those of you who are bickering about 'her' age...I would think a 12 year old would know which gender they were by that age, no matter the sex of the body. If she felt awkward in boys body, then what wrong with getting a body that suits her gender, no matter her age?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As I look at these situations I have lots of friends that accepts these things in thier everyday lifes ... What happens one day when I am trying to raise my family and my little girl ask if she can go over to her friends' house because her daddy is throwing an all girl slumber party for her friends' birthday? There are many other issues that I will not even try to explain because they are all assumptions that I have came to about every gay person that I have ever met ... #1. They enjoy sex ... Whether it is for pleasure or for Sport. They may not act like it sometimes as I have found out more recently when I was introduced to a gay person by my now wife. It was one of her best friends ... she would tell me things that he would tell her not to bring up in front of me ... Quite funny ... The main reason we don't hang with him anymore ... is because he is a liar and I am a firm believer if someone lies to you about 1 thing they will lie again when the situation calls for it for them to lie. Or if someone will steal a $5 for some gas the next time they need something bigger and they can't get it anywhere else guess where they are coming ... Akward how we are so much "CREATURES OF HABIT" in more ways that any of you think ....

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by justgeneric
Trangendered gay/lesbian - male in female body attracted to males or visa versa (this one seemed pointless but it is apparently a recognized gender issue)

that made me laugh. lol

do they have terms for everything in the category of sexuality prefernces

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
As I look at these situations I have lots of friends that accepts these things in thier everyday lifes ... What happens one day when I am trying to raise my family and my little girl ask if she can go over to her friends' house because her daddy is throwing an all girl slumber party for her friends' birthday? There are many other issues that I will not even try to explain because they are all assumptions that I have came to about every gay person that I have ever met ... #1. They enjoy sex ... Whether it is for pleasure or for Sport. They may not act like it sometimes as I have found out more recently when I was introduced to a gay person by my now wife. It was one of her best friends ... she would tell me things that he would tell her not to bring up in front of me ... Quite funny ... The main reason we don't hang with him anymore ... is because he is a liar and I am a firm believer if someone lies to you about 1 thing they will lie again when the situation calls for it for them to lie. Or if someone will steal a $5 for some gas the next time they need something bigger and they can't get it anywhere else guess where they are coming ... Akward how we are so much "CREATURES OF HABIT" in more ways that any of you think ....

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Or was this just your oppurtunity to gay bash?

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

For those in favor of this sex change procedure for a child, how do you feel about the above? It seems to me that they are very similar, no?

I see the similarities. But what's being done to this 12-year-old (Kim) is reversable. When she is an adult, she can decide whether to take the irreversable step of surgery. I don't support a complete sex change as a child. Just as I don't support plastic surgery for children (although it happens).

If someone with Body Identity Integrity Disorder (BIID) as an adult, wants their legs gone, I would actually support that. It's their body. Especially if they've had these strong feelings since youth. But no, I wouldn't support the removal of his legs as a child. It's irreversable.

I also see differences. BIID seems to me to be to be a mental illness, although it's not described as one. That's just my personal judgment and apparently it's wrong.
Transexualism doesn't seem to be a mental illness to me.

It may seem weird to us, but I know it's hard to know the mind of another person. So if a man hated having a penis or an arm or foot and wanted it removed, or a woman hated having breasts and wanted them gone, as long as they're adults, I think it should be their choice.

I suppport an adult's right to decide to die, but I don't support the same right for children, does that make me a hypocrite?

No. There are a lot of things that we have decided that children aren't mature enough to decide to do for themselves. Drive, vote, go in the service, get married, have sex, work ... When children stop depending on adults for their existence, then they can decide these things for themselves.

I also support the right of a woman to choose to be a prostitute, but I would sooner eat my own weight in cow manure than allow any child of mine to pursue that vocation.

I support the right of people to go in the military, but I'd join you in that cow pie if I had a child who wanted to. That's just a matter of prejudice toward our own children and loving them so much that we don't want to see them hurt.

But if your grown daughter really wanted to be a prostitute and it would make her happy, I think when it came right down to it, you'd probably hate it, but you'd support her and love her just the same. Same with me.

We have to respect the rights of adults to make up their own minds, but do we have to support that right for children, in general?

Children's rights are handles by adults until they're 18 (or 16 for some things). Either the parents or guardians are responsible for the rights of a child.

Originally posted by madhatter
What if one day it becomes the norm? What if 20 or 30 years down the road this just becomes an everyday thing.

So what? I don't see a problem. Can you expand on what you think the problems might be?

Also, this argument is the same as people who are anti-gay use. What if, down the road, everyone decides to be gay? The population will die off!

It's not gonna happen.

Being transgendered is not something people desire. It's a terrible and painful (emotionally and physically) situation and process. It's not going to become a fad.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It may seem weird to us, but I know it's hard to know the mind of another person. So if a man hated having a penis or an arm or foot and wanted it removed, or a woman hated having breasts and wanted them gone, as long as they're adults, I think it should be their choice.

I`d agree BH only because nobody can stop anybody from doing anything even if its idiotic or a threat to their lives.

So if they could do it themselves I say fine,thats their choice,just dont hand them the scalpel and nobody should hand it to them.

I thought it was a Doctors duty to save lives and preserve them,not butcher them.

But if your grown daughter really wanted to be a prostitute and it would make her happy, I think when it came right down to it, you'd probably hate it, but you'd support her and love her just the same. Same with me.

Also I`d agree with this,however it would be made perfectly clear that I disagree strongly with her choice.That some things can ruin her future that she will probably regret,If I just went along with it and bit my tongue then how would she know if she was loved at all,when she was younger, by just being accepting.

So what? I don't see a problem. Can you expand on what you think the problems might be?

He is saying things are getting worse not better BH and I`d agree,you dont?

It seems pretty clear with mans advancement in technology,mans common sense,morality maturity is falling at the same rate,just in reverse.

Also, this argument is the same as people who are anti-gay use. What if, down the road, everyone decides to be gay? The population will die off!

As far as this topic is concerned,would it be so far fetched as to see in the future many more young boys doing the same as this German boy and with more advancement of tech what if Tom boy girls were then able to take their penis`s that they didn`t want.

Because it seems its only or mostly men butchering themselves,with women saying "yay!!! the more men we can bring to our way the better"

And if anyone disagree`s then we`ll just make them out to be heartless ignorant morons of either parents or otherwise.

Being transgendered is not something people desire. It's a terrible and painful (emotionally and physically) situation and process. It's not going to become a fad.

I agree again totally only "with" its not going to be a fad,its already ingrained because people have supported it and allowed it to continue and grow and grow it will.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I hope I'm not coming across as an out of touch Zealot or anything like that, I can assure you I'm not.

Thanks gps777 , that's pretty much what's going through my mind in all this.
I wouldn't like to say it would be become a fad as such, but I mean whats to stop it becoming some kind of cult thing in the future?
Sorry just going through all the "What If's"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
I hope I'm not coming across as an out of touch Zealot or anything like that, I can assure you I'm not.

Thanks gps777 , that's pretty much what's going through my mind in all this.
I wouldn't like to say it would be become a fad as such, but I mean whats to stop it becoming some kind of cult thing in the future?
Sorry just going through all the "What If's"

The fact that it'll eventually cost between 20-50k will probably stop it from being a cult.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

The fact that it'll eventually cost between 20-50k will probably stop it from being a cult.

good point and something I hadn't considered, as I said I'm just going through the "What If's"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join