It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations to chissler!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It seems that chissler is the latest victim of the broken bar syndrome:

Only about a year and a half to achieve that respectable pseudostatus.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was wondering when that would happen.......

It is very well-deserved. to chissler.

*goes off to pout over the lack of applauses to be found in my inbox*

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nice going Chissler! You deserve it pal.
At the rate I'm going with applauses, I should achieve that same status within the next 150 years or so.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah Chissler is a good guy.

He was one of the first to make me feel welcome here at ATS.

He always has some philanthropic standpoint or perspective which is a positive change in this world in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Noticing a thread with your own name in it, well, it scares the * out of me.

Mech, I appreciate you taking the moment. Thank you!

Duzey, I only wish I had the ability to award some of your posts. If I were asked who I thought was one of the most prominent posters, your name would be second to none. Your work with our beloved Canadian forum should not go unnoticed. ...Not to mention the fact you've played a bit of a role in my black bar of doom.

Lombozo, you are one member that I look forward to hearing from. Your most "politically incorrect" posts are a treat.

As for your rate of applauses, take it from me, they can begin to roll in fairly quickly. It was only in August that my bar was a shiny gray. Not really sure what changed, they just began to roll in one day.

Bass... I'm glad I assisted in the process of allowing you to warm up to the community. When I first signed up, the first thing I had noticed was that the community was waiting at the door with open arms. Even the staff was more than willing to discuss any issue, to no end, with each and every member. This feeling that was created led to a serious obsession that is only continuing to grow today. ATS is so much more than a discussion board. I believe it actually doubles for a medium in which we should treat our fellow man. The respect we show for individuals who disagree completely is certainly an example we should be looking to set.

So again guys, ...and gals
... I appreciate your recognition. It does not go unnoticed and I hope you understand how much it means to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well chiss', you were probably the first or second member I had ever met here, when I first joined.

Many posts have past since my first days here, and I must admit that you were an inspiration for me to improve my graphical skills for creating avatars. Always giving criticism both positive and negative, which is sometimes a rare trait.

So I take this time to give credit where it is long overdue.

Thanks for the inspiration!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You broke it, you bought it.

That'll be 100,000 points. Pay at the door, thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
So I take this time to give credit where it is long overdue.

Believe me, I do not deserve any of the credit. I am merely one member who is lucky enough to reap the benefits of the greatest site on the web. We are permitted this medium to share and discuss topics varying from the paranormal to the war on terrorism. All of the credit needs to go to the Administration and Staff for allowing us to enjoy this service at no cost.

My login itself is more than enough. The rest is just icing.

With that said, I can not begin to explain how much all of your kind words and thoughts mean to me.

Mech, Thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
yeah whatever were blushing now...you're still the man!!

I say that the ATS admin and moderators should create a award called The Chissler for those who have contributed to threads in a philanthropic manner. Who have mediated disputes or cooled bickering between posters. Or who have started philanthropic threads just because they care.

So what do you ATS'rs say. Should the admin/mods create an award called The Chissler?

Mods? Ehh....not a bad Idea. people couldbe like sweet! i got a Chissler Award! Awsome!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Another addition to the black bar club

Congrats.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Common mods...How bout a award called the Chissler?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Bass.. While I appreciate the recognition and the thought, there are members here who have done much more than I have. I think I would have to formally oppose anything that would bring any attention, of this sort, to any member. Myself included. This site is not about the contributions of one member. It is about the continued efforts of the membership, as a group, to provide quality material and discuss it while carrying themselves with decorum.

I do not want to come across as unappreciative. Just not looking for any special attention.

I like that the pats on the back around here are normally done behind the scenes.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Congratulations on getting your black bar of excessive applauses!

I had wondered, it seemed to be on the last red colour for a long while.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by apex]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Congrats chissler! I've been watching for this, happy to see that it has happened!

Have you had your shot? Did it hurt as much as Loam said it did?

Will it ever grow back?

LOL, congrats man. You deserve it!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
ATS is so much more than a discussion board. I believe it actually doubles for a medium in which we should treat our fellow man. The respect we show for individuals who disagree completely is certainly an example we should be looking to set.

Well said. I agree with you - (For once!) - on this. I really do enjoy being able to have rational debates with completely diametrical points of view. You have displayed class, and intelligence in our little "tiffs". I have neither the time nor patience when someone starts with the "You suck!" comments when they don't agree with anothers opinion. You Sir are allright in my book. If I ever meet you, I'll buy the first round.

OK, I'm done with the "back patting". Get back to work.......

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Chissler I was just sucking up to ya. You do deserve the award but again you are the better man for not wanting any special recognition. Again impressed as always-Bass

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Congrats!

It's very styling

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Well said. I agree with you - (For once!) - on this.

Well, I would have to disagree with that.
We have agreed in the past. We've both been happy with "agreeing to disagree" on a few subjects.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by lombozo
Well said. I agree with you - (For once!) - on this.

Well, I would have to disagree with that.
We have agreed in the past. We've both been happy with "agreeing to disagree" on a few subjects.

Touche`
Stay cool my friend. Still lookin' to go H2H with you again.
Oh by the way - Da Bears!

Do I smell a Pizza bet with you on the Super Bowl winner? I'll happily call your favorite Pizza Parlor with my card to deliver to you.
Indy's goin' DOWN!
You in?
By the way - is your handle pronounced Chisssssler, or Chizler?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Congrats on the breaking of the bar chissler!

When it broke.....it didn't hurt did it?

-tts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join