It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Everyone Think About the "Scooter" Libby Perjury Trial?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to know how everyone felt about Mr. Libby's court hearing, especially with the milestones that it will make (i.e. First trial in which a sitting Vice-President has to testify).

Do you think that this court case is going to affect the way things are done in Washington?

How do you think President Bush or Vice-President Cheney will fare regarding the ruling of the case?

Do you think that Mr. Libby is still trying to cover for someone? Or do you think that Mr. Libby is being hung out to dry because of his refusal to be a "scapegoat"?

Do you think that this court case has larger implications in the future?

Btw, here's the latest news report on the trial below:

Press Strategy Still Focus in Libby Trial

Former vice presidential aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's perjury trial continues to expose the inner workings of the White House media machine.

Cathie Martin, the former spokeswoman for Vice President Dick Cheney who last week discussed the preferred White House strategies for beating back negative media stories, returns to the stand Monday.

She'll be followed by another media veteran, former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer, who will testify about discussing a CIA operative's identity with reporters before leaving the administration in July 2003.

I can't wait to hear what other people think.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by ceci2006]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
this court case is going to affect the way things are done in Washington?

No.

How do you think President Bush or Vice-President Cheney will fare ...

Fine.

Do you think that Mr. Libby is still trying to cover for someone?

'Still'? No.
'At any time' ... No.

has larger implications in the future?

No.

I can't wait to hear what other people think.

GOOD - here ya' go! Plame being CIA was the worst kept secret in Washington. Everyone knew. They all knew because Plame and hubby Wilson blathered it all over town. Oh .. and she wasn't an undercover operative when this came out in the press and hadn't been for a very long time.

If the legal system wants to go after someone they should go after Plame and Wilson themselves. They are the ones that told everyone in town. Oh the cocktail parties they attended ....

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
GOOD - here ya' go! Plame being CIA was the worst kept secret in Washington. Everyone knew. They all knew because Plame and hubby Wilson blathered it all over town. Oh .. and she wasn't an undercover operative when this came out in the press and hadn't been for a very long time.

it's still abusive to blab that secret to the media for political gain
wow
somebody tells a few people and now it's BLATHERED IT ALL OVER TOWN
why is it that people on both sides have to say everything in hyperbole?

i honestly think this will finally expose some of the abusive practices of the bush regime
i'm cautiously optimistic about it

new topics

join