It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Makes a Turn? (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This has been on google for a few months now, sorry if it's been posted before.

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Its hard to say what this is being dark and all, most likely candidate is that it is an aircraft, manmade.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It doesn't look like any aircraft I've seen. And they would hardly make a news report on a plane. They would have verified that there were no known aircraft in the vicinity then checked with an astrologist to make sure it looked like a meteor.

I have to say it did look like a meteor to me. Planes that trail leave a distinct line in the sky (contrails/chemtrails), but this one had a tail more than a stream of exhaust.

nice find.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Weird.. If it was a meteor what made it turn? Doesnt physics dictate that an object in motion will remein in motion on a straight line unless diverted by an outside force?

Whats the outside force that acted on this meteor?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I do not think it is a meteor the way it turns. Unfortunately I don't know what the people were saying but I think it was interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I do not think it is a meteor the way it turns. Unfortunately I don't know what the people were saying but I think it was interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
IMHO - an aircraft ,

similar aircraft manouvers have " made news headlines " before now

it is more a reflection of the quality / inegrity of the broadcasters - rather than any special qualities of the story

there are a llot of dumb bastards out there - and some even get to be news editors

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Weird.. If it was a meteor what made it turn? Doesnt physics dictate that an object in motion will remein in motion on a straight line unless diverted by an outside force?

This may be due to the fact that the earth is round and the people on the surface were stationary. It may have been traveling in a straight line but it merely appeared to change direction. It is a compelling video, regardless.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
its an aircraft or space debree in my opinion. If its space debree the turn could be caused by the aerodynamics changing as it falls apart.

A ufo from what ive seen makes much sharper turns at much higher speeds. The turn on that was much to slow...more conventional.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
very interesting vid.didnt look like aircraft to me.not sure what it was!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by origin
its an aircraft or space debree in my opinion. If its space debree the turn could be caused by the aerodynamics changing as it falls apart.

A ufo from what ive seen makes much sharper turns at much higher speeds. The turn on that was much to slow...more conventional.

I just have a question though, if theoretically this was a malfunctioning UFO crashing to earth, (Think the behavior of the alleged Kecksburg craft.) would it's maneuverabilty be somewhat hampered because it's disintegrating? I'm not saying this is a video of a crashing UFO, but I'm just curious.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by whatukno

This may be due to the fact that the earth is round and the people on the surface were stationary. It may have been traveling in a straight line but it merely appeared to change direction. It is a compelling video, regardless.

Perhaps the bending of space due to a gravitational disturbance?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
They would have verified that there were no known aircraft in the vicinity then checked with an astrologist to make sure it looked like a meteor.

LOL. That's a good one, Jack!

ATS alone is a source of many videos from shows and newscasts that throw any old thing up as a "UFO", where it's obvious that no checking was done. And I think they would have done better checking with an "astronomer", had they indeed bothered.

Looks like a plane with a short contrail to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Definitely not a meteor as such - far, far too slow. It looks more like a fireball or boloid. However, boloids can't turn.

However, as I write a thought has just struck me and I'd need an expert to answer this ('cos I don't know)!

But let's take a hypothetical large meteor entering the atmosphere. Let's say that it's not entirely solid - either hollow or porous. Entering the atmosphere would heat it enormously. If the heat caused a fraction of the surface to crack, disintegrate or explode, could that result in it emitting gas from the high pressure that would have built up inside causing it to change its trajectory?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hi from someone under a millitary practice area. This video reminds me of another one from here in the states a few months back. It looks as if the sun was going down and this "aircraft" was high enough that it's contrail was catching the remaining sunlight. Nothing more dramatic than seeing what looks like an aircraft on fire or a meteor with a mind of it's own.
I'm under the practice area for the stealths out here in New Mexico. They start coming over late evenings and we sometimes get to see this exact thing when we actually have enough moisture overhead for a contrail to form.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
In my opunion this looks like it is some craft entering the earths atsomophere, and turning to slow down.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It looks like a satalight falling back to earth. As it hits our atmosphere it begins tearing apart. When pieces protrude from the friction, the aerodynamics cause it to erratically change directions. My .02

AAC

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Might this be a space shuttle or similar vehicle making "S" turns in order to reduce speed for final approach? I seem to recall earlier videos that were explained as such, but cannot remember the titles or authors of the threads so as to link to them. Regardless, it is certainly a sight to behold.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That's a jet contrail getting illuminated by the sun. That's why it can look like flames, and it turns, because, well, planes turn.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes, physics does say that something will stay in motion until diverted by an outside force.

That force could be air friction, for example.

Consdider a meteor which enters the atmosphere at some angle. Depending on its initial momentum and drag interacting with the atmosphere, its transversal velocity could appear to change and slow down transversally while still falling down towards Earth. Depending on the viewpoint of the observer, it could look like a "turn".

Also, some objects breaking up could cause any well-observable piece to change direction, of course respecting global conservation of momentum. The other pieces may not be as visible and leave bright trails however.

I have the feeling it is re-entry of space debris, the trail and plume typically looks like this as well as the comparatively slow speed.

Meteors may typically have significantly larger velocities parallel to Earth's surface.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join