It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Airport's Ugly Secrets: Is it more than an airport?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A sick irony is that the acronym of the Denver International Airport is the same as for the real DIA, aka the Defense Intelligence Agency.

www.dia.mil...

... a fairly obscure and not-too-newsworthy intelligence agency.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Those murals are #ing ugly and sick #. Whats up with this sodomizing doves with swords and #? I thought this was supposed to be about Denver's history. What do dudes in gas masks chopping up birds have to do with it?

Are there areas of heavily restricted parking? I wonder if the tunnels connect to NORAD directly?

Don't be such a phillistene. The mural artist, Leo Tanguna's, artistic style is influenced by the great Mexican artists, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.

Just because he doesn't paint McArt of shiny happy people, means that there is some sinister plot involved. In fact he has done what few artist do, he has created a work that is thought provoking, symbolic and hauntingly beautiful.

Here some info on the Leo Tanguna and another viewpoint on the murals.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by HowardRoark]

Philistine I am not, thank you very much. I can appreciate art in many forms. But theres a time and place for art.

Would you post brothel art up in a church? jewish Art in a mosque? No.

Just like this mural. This mural is totally inappropriate for an airport. In any other place, such as an art book, a head shop, ect, would be well suited. But not for an airport. In airports, you should be viewing generic Mc Art, simply for ambience, because an airport is a temporary tranist place where you go long enough to catch planes or pick up relatives. Not view pictorial guides to hell. No one goes to an airport to look at art. Thus, art should reflect the bland, transitory nature of the airport.

Given the other wierd # afoot at DIA, I would say this mural is something more. And Yes, the artist himself drew it not from his own inspiration, but was directed to draw that wierd #.

Directed by WHOM, I might ask? Certainly no one Id wanna see employed at the airport.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Philistine I am not, thank you very much. I can appreciate art in many forms. But theres a time and place for art.

Would you post brothel art up in a church? jewish Art in a mosque? No.

Funny you should say that.

And Yes, the artist himself drew it not from his own inspiration, but was directed to draw that wierd #.

Directed by WHOM, I might ask? Certainly no one Id wanna see employed at the airport.

And of course you have proof of this, right?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have some unpredicted news that might interest some of you - my father is going to Colorado and will be landing at DIA. I told him about the freaky murals, and he offered to take my camera along and snap some photos. Is there anything you guys want a picture of?

[Edited on 5/13/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dont see how that link relates?

Brothel art, in otherwords, depicting lewd women in explcit acts, or posing seductively. Not artwork based on biblical tales, which are valid in a church.

Hanging up a painting of adam and eve in a church is quite different from hanging a picture of a woman with her legs spread in exstacy in a church.

Just like painting pictures of rape, pillaging, burning buoldings, and sodomized doves and guys in gas masks is hardly appropriate for an airport.

A NORMAL airport, that is.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Please show me the image of the dove being sodomized

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

This has a picture of the mural with the gas mask dude shoving a sword up a doves butt.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

This has a picture of the mural with the gas mask dude shoving a sword up a doves butt.

You know what they say about great art, the observers response to great art tells you more about the vision of the observer than it does about the vision of the artist.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, judging by your posts, indeed it does.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The gas mask guy knocked down on the floor looks like he has a black eagle with its wings spread on his hat, looks kinda like those hats the Nazi officers wore.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I agree with you Scadi, these murals are in the wrong place. NOBODY wants to get off their flight and see something so depressing while they are looking forward to seeing their friends or loved ones. If Phil Shnider (however you spell his last name) died after "blowing the whistle" because he was involved with the construction of DIA and other secret underground facilities says that there were underground levels in the DIA, you HAVE to believe him because of his "mysterious" suicide AND because he was INVOLVED with the construction of DIA PERIOD. Dont tell US this is just artwork, this is more than just that. Yes, great art does make the viewer assume many different messages from it, BUT this art is just tasteless in a airport. As for Xeno, tell your father to take pictures that seem out of the ordinary other than the murals that you pointed out for him to see. It will be very interesting what other subtle "messages" are displayed in DIA.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
very shocking I really don't know what to say

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I live near DIA, do you think the airport has any relation to the hundreds of missle silos in the area.?? maybe a control center. Also CO is the home of the largest and most secretive airspce control center in the mountains. And i have heard rumor of Area 51 being moved into UT or CO so this could also be true. And there are pleny of military and gov. vehicles in the area now that have not been in the past?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ya know I am new to ATS And I enjoy looking at Ideas and thinking on the board. I really enjoy the topics about Ufos and the thoughts behind them. I do think that there are things out there that we have no clue about. And looking on here its real cool to see others thoughts.

But A base under DIA you have got to be kidding me
I have now herd everything lol!! I worked helping build DIA I was there the first week that the graders started tearing up the field.

See I worked as a Materials tester for such things as dirt fill, concrete and asphalt. It was my job once a layer of dirt was laid down to make sure that the layer was compact enough. So that they could lay down the next layer. I assure you that there is no base out at DIA (lol) I later moved on to testing the concrete laid at the runways, Yes there was a runway that was covered with dirt but it was because all the ACI tests and Slump tests said that the concrete was fine when it was placed, but the core tests reveled that the concrete was not to spec. the runway was not needed to the airport at the time so it was abandoned until later if needed.

The Only way that there is a base there is if it was built YEARS prior (many) years and was covered with dirt and allowed to re grow all the prairie vegetation. And also allowed to have the soil re compact to Normal undisturbed natural state. (This takes many years) Before the ground breaking was done.

I visit ATS all the time to look around and see if any new things have happened around the world. But when I saw this post it made me laugh!!! I had to Apply and respond to this topic.
Some topics on ATS are real cool to read and look at but some are just Crazy Lol

My view of the Mural that I have seen is because I have lived in Denver all my life. Is that its ART Take my response for what you will, But I was there and there is no base LOLOLOL!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance please "Interested".

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
nicely put Xeno and seriously who comes to a site like this and cant even put a little belief into a totally plausable idea.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Deny Ignorance please "Interested".

Um Ya Ok! I would have a belief of a base Under DIA but I worked there! Not for a short period of time, not on some restricted basis. There were no rules that did not allow you to see the entire site. I ate lunch out of the back of my pickup every day up on a hill that over looked the construction site.
Never saw any thing that would make you think they were hiding something. I can also tell you that there are only three levels to DIA, The first level where the Trains run to the Terminal, the second level where the employees move thru, and the main terminal.

Hmm Maybe they brain washed me. And I was anal probed Buy an alien who erased my memory. or maybe they put something in my lunch that erased my memory and my wife who made my sandwich was in on it because when she met me 10 years ago she knew that I was going to apply to work for Reynolds testing, And in turn work at DIA years later. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

First of all a little about my thoughts. First and for most I believe in GOD I do think that there is A god. Second I do think that there are many strange things that happen out there that we cannot explain. I do think there are Aliens out there, and I have 2 theories on who the are and why they are here the first one is that they are US from the future trying to change little things that have a huge impact in the future. Or second that they are an alien race that did crash land in the desert and have be in contact with the US government ever since. But I don�t think that they are going to take over the world or they already would have. What�s stopping them from doing it right now?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have to agree with interested. My wife went through DIA prior to it opening as a journalist. She saw many areas of the airport and did not see anything strange.

I think if you look at other airports you will find items that can be developed into "stories" that will interest others.
If you recall the mayor was in alot of heat because of the over budget and the timeline issues. And the hidden runway (that interested describes) was not hidden but was fully described in the Denver Post because it would not support any major airliners landing on it without severly cracking and breaking.

There are no secrets there.
Think about it!!!!

DZIT ABU GAKKO !!!!!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live in Denver and have been to the airport many times. Old Stapleton airport was pretty much inside Denver, sitting just north of the city. DIA is now about 12 miles out of the city along a special road, Pena Blvd. which is pretty much a long driveway to the airport. Though Denver is growing rapidly, the airport is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Nothing was really there before they built it.

Even when I first moved here I thought the location of the airport was odd. NE of the city (as you go further east, you're moving into the high plains, a fairly empty countryside) at a fair distance. I always wondered how big they thought the city would get to need an airport that far away. They've also minmized development on neighboring lands. As you drive out there, you can see one gas station, a few hotels, and some rental car agencies...not much else.

I think it's location, or distance from the city should offer some clues as to the underlying intentions of it's builders.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well I went to the airport website and looked at the paintings and I thought about them and my result is "big deal, who cares".
When I get off of a flight at any airport, I am not necessarily looking at the paintings but I am more concerned where my next gate is for my connecting flight and how much time I have to get to that gate.
I must say that some people who post seem like they are looking for any possible reason to suggest a conspiracy. Now please note that I am not saying all people are that way. Just reading some of the responses seem like the people are extremists. For example, if you read the article at www.freepressinternational.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.freepressinternational.com..., this guy seems to be looking for an excuse to claim a conspiracy theory if not at least pester the crap out of the DIA PR guy.
I am wondering if these few people have nothing better to do or are looking for someone or some place that has more problems than them so that they can try to forget their own problems!
Frustrating when I think I have found a good article and then I find out that it is mass hysteria of a few creating a large frenzy.
Oh well, off to find a better article.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join