It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freak weather? Or sensationalism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Every year has a different pattern of weather some are general trends some are just plain crazy.

But is it "climate change" or just sensationalist writing that makes things seem like they are dangerous.

I vote for the latter because of articles like the Russian article of warm weather....oh boohoo.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
But is it "climate change" or just sensationalist writing that makes things seem like they are dangerous.

It's dangerous sensational weather events...

A single weather event cannot be purely attributed to only one specific factor, such as global warming. The climate is a complex system and you have to look at all the parts in it over a long period of time, not single out one factor and blame it as the cause. That's too simplistic, and like saying the bass drum makes all the sound of an orchestra.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I blame it more on bad memory.

The current spate of weather is unusual, but not new nor were any records set. The recent California freeze, for example, was less severe than a worse freeze 10 years ago. The southern California 'drought' (i.e. Fall rains did not start until mid-January) happens every 5-6 years or so. The diaries of the earliest settlers record even later starts to winter weather. The warm weather in the eastern U.S. was not unprecedented, nor was the European storm.

The media and the public consciousness seems to blame everything from teenage acne to the daily stock market fluctuations on global warming.

join