It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianetics Vs Exsistence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum.

I have stumbled into something which I am having a hard time understanding. So, I figured Id ask the grand ol wizard of "Ats itself" to help me out.

Lately, I have been reading about alternative religions. I stumbled across Scientology "Major, Major Book selling Corporation from what I found. Even saw a video on youtube from a scientology orientation video.. Sell, Sell, Sell them books from my take.

On the other hand I stumbled onto Dianetics, and found an entire video series on just that "Dianetics" so I gave it at least 6- 30min episodes of 21

found here :

before I had to come tell you all what I think they believe.

From my taking thay seem to believe that there is one focal point in our brain that captures all negative sounds and images from a uncouncious state that plays apart in how we feel and react now. They seem to think by mentally erasing these thoughts you will become a more stable and contolled being, my words, but Im sure most of you get the hint.

So with that being said.
If I erase all these bad unconcious factors from my brain How would I Learn, Feel, Love, Communicate etc. Dont we as humans all fail to learn, meaning trial and error. Isn't the thoughts and emotions from our past and our up bringing that helps us make the choices and decision of how we feel act and react.

If this is true, it would be fair to say

Dianetics is full contol meaning when there is nothing left to remember, painful or not. The only thing left would be your unconcious exsistence.

help me out people, am I right, or wrong?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, I frinally created a thread with no opinions!!!

Mods, please close thread.. Since no one can assist or add to this thread!

thanks,

Justmytype!

new topics

join