It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoverboards!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I remember when I was growing up. There were all these predictions about the technology that was coming with the 21st century: Hoverboards, Flying Cars, Mr. Fusion, Wristwatch computers. Why don't we have these things? Did TV lie to me? Are all these things makebelieve or does the government have these things and is keep the technology from the general public? I don't know the answer. I do know, however, I want a freakin' hoverboard!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You and me both buddy! GIMME MY HOVERBOARD I WAS PROMISED!! I have no doubt that the technology is available to some super top secret laboratory somewhere. Something else to ponder. The rocket belt was invented over 40 years ago. What happened to them??

These folks claim to have hoverboard and antigravity plans to sell.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Great link! It would be awesome if it worked but, I highly doubt it. If they had anti-gravity machines for sale there'd be little kids floating around everywhere. Plus, they'd have used it to make flying cars by now.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yeah, I think most things on TV are too optimistic when they look to the future. I mean look at 2001 a Space Odyssey, that time has come and gone and we aren't cruising through space, at least not like that. It is always fun to watch shows from the '50s and '60s where they predict the future. Apparently we should all have robot serveants by now and be cruising in our flying ships. Oh well. That time will come.

Purely out of curiousity, why didn't you want this for all to see?

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hoverboards, Flying Cars, Mr. Fusion, Wristwatch computers.

They're all coming. The reason Hoverboards and flying cars havn't been released yet is because the petroleum companies control it all, or eliminate those who aren;t under control. But technology progresses, many things/people cant be stopped, physics keeps expanding as does our knowledge of it, and Anti-Gravity devices will be exposed, as will Fusion Energy when the time is right. Free energy devices are starting to slowly come out into the open....only time will let them come...noone can stop technological advancement forever.

As for Wristwatch computers...Give it maybe 15 years max and I think we will have themdefinately...within 15 years.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
But if you can find enough use for a computer on ur wrist....and what you could do with it using a tiny wristwatch screen....then goodluck....

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think it's just that people are a little too imaginative and think that technology is progressing than it atually is.

We see in the news, that all these new breakthroughs and discoveries are being made all the time. This gives us an illusion that we're rapidly progressing technologically.

However, these breakthroughs are still in their abstract form, they still haven'e been put to practical use. It usually takes many many years until a discovery is put to use at top notch efficiency. Take computers for example. When they invented the first ones, they were the sizes of buildings, and could only perform simple tasks before blowing a fuse. People thought that eventually, they would be the size that would fit on a desk. Heck, they fit in the palm of you hand now!

But, the people's hopes rose as the acceleration of the development of the computer progressed. They thought that it would take over the world and the world would be run on "futureistic" machines. This is true to a certain extent, but not quite as they expected.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Technology nowadays is progressing quickly at this time but technology is implimaented most of the time only when it is needed such as getting the military edge with the birth or the atomic bomb or for propaganda reasons like getting to the moon.But more and more technology will be released for better reasons hopefully as time goes on with communcation throughout the world increasing and more people wanting and being able to do the right thing.But as was said before as an example of petrol companies being in control ..... guess who owns shares in solar energy etc the petrol companies and theres no need in there view to research then and impliment them yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that we don't have these technologies because certain government agencies are using them and need the advantage. They can't very well play on a level playing field, can they?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think that we don't have these technologies because certain government agencies are using them and need the advantage. They can't very well play on a level playing field, can they?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Man I dreamed of having a hover board since I first watched back to the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well supposedly the technology exists, but if we had flying cars, then gas companies would probably be very very mad. Why? Because flying cars might run off something else, pulling business away from them..greedy little bastards aren't they?

-wD

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Great link! It would be awesome if it worked but, I highly doubt it. If they had anti-gravity machines for sale there'd be little kids floating around everywhere. Plus, they'd have used it to make flying cars by now.

Theoretically if you could float, you would not need a car flying or not... just a suit for air and pressure regulation.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would absolutely love to get a hoverboard. I have to wonder about one thing though. In back to the future 2 they show people riding those things pretty damn fast. Of course, being that there would not be any friction from wheels on pavement, speed would definitely be easier to acheive. My problem is, who would get to use one, how fast would they go, how high off the ground would they be, and what if you fall off one while doing like 50mph. That would definitely suck. We're not all as handy on the hoverboard as marty.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
We're not all as handy on the hoverboard as marty.

Well, if you've seen the series of films, he did invent the skateboard.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
they made a hover board

but it is crappy.........search for it on google

it is a hovercraft type dealy

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't care, I want my hoverboard for X-mas.

Djarums
"My problem is, who would get to use one, how fast would they go, how high off the ground would they be, and what if you fall off one while doing like 50mph. That would definitely suck."

Just one more way to kill our self, I don't really see what,s wrong with that.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Just one more way to kill our self, I don't really see what,s wrong with that.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by m0rbid]

Amen! Give us our hoverboards already!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If anything like the ones in back to the future ever come out, i will be the first one waiting in line.

Safety last, finally living out childhood fantasies first. Scary as that sounds, it's so true...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If anything like the ones in back to the future ever come out, i will be the first one waiting in line.

Ya. Altho I never understood why the #in' thing was pink???

Now that I think about it...Doesn't have to be exactly like in the movie...ya know...

But you're right. childhood fantasies before safety lol...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join