It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your picks for President and Vice President 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Christopher Walken 2008!!

Check it out, he is running!!

www.walken2008.com...

For all who don't know him, he is an actor. IE: The Dead Zone (movie, not tv)

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That is probably a fan website, i am sure i have seen it before. It definitely would have made news so i don't think it is real.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted by KonigKaos

Evan Bayh, Indiana, former governor and currently US senator. His father, Birch E. Bayh II, was Indiana's Senator and was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president in 1976. [Edited by Don W]

Indiana has been a Red State since the memory of man runneth not to the contrary. With the exception of the area around Chicago, South Bend and in the south part along the Ohio River, the GOP is king! The Bayh family must know something most Democrats don’t know. How can this family do so well in Indiana and be Democrats?

Joe Biden, Delaware, US senator
Wesley Clark, Arkansas, retired United States Army four-star general,
Hillary Rodham Clinton, New York, US senator
John Edwards, North Carolina, former US senator
Russ Feingold, Wisconsin, US senator
Al Gore, Tennessee, former U.S. vice president
John Kerry, Massachusetts, US senator
Bill Richardson, New Mexico, governor
Al Sharpton, New York, Pentecostal minister
Mark Warner, former Virginia, governor.
Barack Obama, Illinois US senator

Possible Republican Candidates:

George Felix Allen, Virginia, US senator
Sam Brownback, Kansas, US senator
Bill Frist, Tennessee, former U.S. Senate
Rudy Giuliani, New York, former mayor of New York City.
Mike Huckabee, Arkansas, governor.
John McCain, Arizona, US senator

George Pataki, New York, governor.
Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota, governor.
Mike Pence, Indiana, US congressman
Condoleezza Rice, US secretary of state.
Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts, governor.
Rick Santorum, Pennsylvania, former US senator
Tom Tancredo, Colorado, US congressman

Impressive list. There are others, like James Earl “Jeb” Bush former governor of Florida. Colin Powell once loomed large as a possible candidate. Arnold Schwarzenegger says he’s ready if we will pass an amendment to the US Con. I’m pretty sure Pat Buchanan would give it one more try if anybody asked him.

Other Possible Candidates:
Greens: Rebecca Rotzler, New York, deputy mayor of New Paltz.
Independent: Jesse Ventura, Minnesota, former governor.
Independent: Vince McMahon, Connecticut
CT Sen. Joe Lieberman: Michael Badnarik, Texas, Libertarian Party
with this said

Republican
President: Rudy Giuliani
Vice President: George Pataki

OR

President: Mitt Romney
Vice President: Condoleezza Rice

Democrats

President: Wesley Clark
Vice President: Hiliary Clinton

OR
President: Barack Obama
Vice President: Al Gore

Interesting. Hillary Clinton is in her 60s, and John McCain is also, but a bit older than Hillary. That means - to me - that 2008 is their year or it will be no year at all. If either fails in ‘08, they will be 70-ish in 2012. Too old to run with so many good younger persons available. Don’t forget, it takes big money to make a serious race. Barack Obama and Tom Tancredo both have just filed the first papers required of candidates.

Obama looks to be running hard to make a name for himself in the national Democratic Party. He has not been around W-DC long enough to have the behind-the-scenes support needed to run a successful primary campaign. Not to mention a general election. I see him to be a formidable candidate in 2016. Regardless. 2012 if the Dems lose in ‘08.

Republican Tom Tancredo has already said he is a one issue candidate and running primarily to get national press coverage for his immigration proposals. There is nothing wrong with that. Many people have had less honorable reasons to run. I’m sorry to report I do not know Tancredo’s immigration proposals. He needs the publicity alright.

My choice for Dems is Hillary Clinton and Mark Warner for VP.

This is based on the strategy the Dems need to keep the South in play. Bill Richardson would be logical for VP if it is believed the race will be decided in the West, but ‘00 was decided in Florida by 537 votes and ‘04 was decided in Ohio by 120,000 votes. Anybody know off-hand how many times Ohio has “picked” the winner in the presidential election?

As for the GOP, George Allen shot himself in the foot. Rudy Giuliani has a bad divorce in his background and is too liberal for the rank and file GOPs. John McCain is accused of being a Neo Con, a militarist at a time when war is not a hot item. Condo Rice is in over her head. Negroponte is her replacement as soon as he gets his feet wet. It looks to me like George Pataki of NY has a real opportunity to get the GOP nod. Mike Huckabee of Arkansas looks good for balance and appeal. So,

I predict a Pataki and Huckabee for VP on the GOP ticket

[edit on 1/17/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've never seen such a pathetic field of Republicans. None of them have a chance. There is one exception to that gloomy prospect, tho; Ron Paul, Republican congressman from Texas has just begun a presidential exploratory committee.

I love Ron Paul, as a lifelong Republican. He's the real deal and he would definitely have my vote if he made it that far. Unfortunately, I think the GOP will do its best to crush him and the mainstream media will absolutely go along with that.

Its sad. He would make a great president.

Chuck Hagel, Republican Senator from Nebraska would, too.

On the Dem side of the house, I would love to cast a vote for Al Gore. I think he has the credibility, character and credentials to walk away with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas_1984
I think u guys in America are in trouble whoever it is.

I couldn't agree more.

I posted on another thread on ATS that Ron Paul would have had my vote, but I was leary after he changed to Republican. After some thoughtful consideration, which didn't consist of much more than looking beyond the "R" attached at the end of his name, and his stance against the ideals that would harm America and it's Constitution... Ron's got my vote.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted by Lucas_1984
I think u guys in America are in trouble whoever it is.

For a long time, a popular saying over here was, "If the US catches a cold, Europe gets pneumonia."

That is arguable today, but it still seems what we do here will have a powerful effect on what you do there. If that is true, why should not Brits have the right to vote for the American Prez?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul for president and Chuck Hagel for vice-president. All other candidates are scrap and sold to corporations, are in secret societies, want more wars, want an american union, want a police state, want to legalize illegals immigrants... Hilary Clinton and Obama are for all the things I mentionned, don't be fooled into the false paradigm of left/right, because it doesn't exist.

In the democratic party, maybe Gore, but if he's so against global warming, WHY HE DIDN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT WHEN VICE-PRESIDENT FOR 8 YEARS?

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
In the democratic party, maybe Gore, but if he's so against global warming, WHY HE DIDN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT WHEN VICE-PRESIDENT FOR 8 YEARS?

He tried.

No one paid attention b/c it was a snoozer of an issue.

He wrote "Earth In the Balance". People (like me) chose to ignore it. A lot of people did read it, tho. I suppose it formed the basis for his widespread support of "An Inconvenient Truth."

I love the name of that. Its golden.

I would love to cast my vote in the 2008 presidential election for Mr. Gore from Tennessee. It would be righting a great wrong: for voting for George W. Bush in the 2000 presidential election.

Al Gore would make an excellent president. What is he not? He's a country boy; a city boy; a good, dutiful boy from the south; an excellent student, a veteran of the Vietnam war (enlisted, no less!); a dabbler; a student; a journalist; an adventurer; an heir to power; a visionary; a husband; a dad; a grandpa; a senator; a vice president; the real president in 2000; and an ambassador for the good stewardship of our environment; of our world.

It kills me, actually, as a lifelong "conservative" Republican, to say, that Al Gore probly will not run. And that is an awful prospect.

He was one of the very first public figures to stand up and speak truth to power on the issue of invading (and now occupation) of Iraq. For that, for that courage and forethought, he has my absolute admiration and vote.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The Dems is easily predicted

President Hillary Clinton
Vice Pres. Barack Obama

The Democratic Party is just salivating for this possible ticket.

The GOP is a LOT harder to call, it's wide open but

President Mitt Romney
Vice Pres. Chuck Hagel

The Democrats will be scratching their head, yet again, on why they lost.

Bonus prediction: Arnold challenges Boxer in 2010 and WILL win!

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I read that the right wingers are saying that Hillary is behind the Obama attacks. I think it is both Hillary and the right who are behind the disgusting smear campaign. Why can't they just run a decent race and promote their policies and what they can do for the benefit of this country? Obama needs to run a clean race and show his true character, the American public do not like dirty tactics and i think they have had enough of the Republicans and their nonsense.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted by QuietRenegade

The Dems [‘08 ticket] is easily predicted, for President Hillary Clinton and for Vice Pres. Barack Obama . . The Democratic Party is just salivating for this possible ticket . . prediction . . Democrats will be scratching their head again on why they lost. [Edited by Don W]

You must have in mind the Republican’s despicable performance in the 2006 Tennessee senate race between US Rep. Harold Ford and the Mayor of Chattanooga, Bob Corker. Running no better than neck and neck in the polls, the Republicans ran a last minute race-baiting ad on Corkers’s behalf and as Willie Horton had helped Father Bush, it inspired and energized the red neck vote and GOP Corker won by 51%. Shame on him.

Although Dems would like to run Barack, they must remember they would be surrendering the Old South to the Republicans. Too bad.

Foot Note: " . . the Republican National Committee ran an ad which, among other things, ridiculed Ford for attending a party thrown by the Playboy corporation. It featured a fictional blond Playboy Bunny squealing, "I met Harold at the Playboy Party!" and then winking and saying, "Harold, call me." Democrats called the ad an attempt to play on racial prejudice . . " From Wikipedia. Edited by Don W]

A staged tv ad meant to look like a real tv newscast. Mean-spirited and perniciously calculated by GOP race-mongers. Rampant Racism Republican Style.

Q. Why is it that Republicans are always playing the Race Card?

[edit on 1/21/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i would have to pick.

President: Hillary Clinton
Vice Pres: Bill Clinton

then we can hear the wonderfull quote:

"I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT MAN"

SORRY BILL

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ron Paul. The candidate I would definetly vote is RON PAUL. He's a constitutionalist, against the war, against the NAU and want to go after the criminals in the government and the illegals groups like CFR and Bilderberg.

exactly!!! all others are here to destroy us
we need to bring back the beliefs of the constitution and
end all this bs the media has been feeding us

look beyond the fact of republican or democrat and do what
is right for our country and even if our votes are rigged
i'd be glad to know that i tried

[edit on 11-12-2007 by loreA]

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i want kucinich with nader as the VP

that'd be the ideal ticket for me. both politicians support my positions and are honest, earnest and intelligent politicians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join