It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Minus the Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've looked through a number of 2012 related sites and most of them seem to contain prophecies regarding what will or wont happen around the date of December 21 2012. Even though the prophecies vary from site to site the sites all seem to have one thing in common, a celestial alignment of some sort. I tried to find a site that simply focused on a celestial alignment so I couldn't understand it in scientific terms, but I didn't come across any reputable sites.

Is it fact that a celestial alignment will take place, or is the alignment part of the legend?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
isn't the celestial alignment for 2012 be the Winter Soltice and the sun's position somewhere in a constellation or the galaxy? or is that all the planets will be aligned? I can't remember for sure, maybe someone else can shed further light, while I refresh myself on 2012 prophecies.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
ok, the 2012 ~without the prohpecies~
these links are probably duplicates of links found in prior ATS threads

www.dartmouth.edu...

...students of Maya calendrics are increasingly looking for some
underlying significance of one so-called "Grand Cycle" and the beginning of another.
A "Grand Cycle" consists of 13 baktuns, each of which numbers 144,000 days,
making a total of 1,872,000 days. This in turn equates to 5,139.44 solar years...

(the 'Grand Cycle' is also named 'Long Count' by archaeologists)

so the calendar date is just the completion of 1.872million days

~~~~~~~~~~

w.civilization.ca...
tells of Maya cosmology & religion

www.godchecker.com...

...according to legend, VUCUB-CAQUIX carried the false sun in his beak
and was shot down in flames at the end of the last creation...

In this item, an underlying significance could be presented/developed->

since each 'Great Cycle'/'Long Count' is a beginning & end of a creation period
a case could be made that; having a false sun equates to having created a nuclear or fission device ,
then having the god meet a disasterous end....it may well be that the mythic history will repeat itself at he end of this Long Count in 2012.

have a great 2007 , the year of the pig in Chinese cycles

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by amehrich
I've looked through a number of 2012 related sites and most of them seem to contain prophecies regarding what will or wont happen around the date of December 21 2012. Even though the prophecies vary from site to site the sites all seem to have one thing in common, a celestial alignment of some sort. I tried to find a site that simply focused on a celestial alignment so I couldn't understand it in scientific terms, but I didn't come across any reputable sites.

Is it fact that a celestial alignment will take place, or is the alignment part of the legend?

In astronomic terms, the Sun will conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. The Milky Way will extend in a general north-south direction in the night sky. The plane of the ecliptic is the track the Sun, Moon, planets and stars appear to travel in the sky, from east to west. And it will intersect the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius. This is what's meant by the celestial alignment.

Anyways, no one can tell us exactly what's going to happen for sure. It's only up to us if we want to believe in some prophecy or whatever. Scientists say that this celestial alignment will take place. Atleast it's only a few years away. It's not as bad as saying that something will happen in 100 years from now because none of us would be around at that time to witness or confirm it.

top topics

join