It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best ever air to air photo of a Typhoon!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Check the AoA its pulling to get that piccie! Nice flying, and oh what a cool moment it must of been hanging out the ramp of a C-17 getting those pics!

sweet stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wouldn't the air intakes of the Typhoon constitute a serious hazard for both the C-17 interiors(inhabitants et all) and the Typhoon itself(restricted air flow?)..?!!

Is that real anyways?!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yes dude it is a very real photograph, and here is the entire set of still taken - Its on another military forum, but it's a great set of pics.

www.militaryphotos.net...

There you go. All real, all genuine.

But, with the skills some people have with photoshop I can see why you doubted it. Cheers, DK.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
quite incredible. It looks like it has been dropped out of the plane.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Unreal, one of the best photos that I have ever seen...and of a great aircraft! Thanks for the photos........Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
these photos really give you the idea of the closeness of plane but i wouldn't mind seeing the ones from the photographer.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
W0w. First I thought it was on a carrier.
A great picture, simply stunning.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thats crazy man!! it takes balls of steel to do that !!

WHOOAA !!

(sorry for single post)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm inclined to think the photo was taken with a telescopic lense.

They do compress distance and make things appear closer.

Regardless, stunning photo and I enjoyed seeing it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think so as well. The rays from the sun don't seem right to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Those pics are fantastic what ever and how ever they were taken.

As for the rays of the sun not looking right, im not sure what you mean? are you saying that they have been manipulated or what? just curiouse thats all.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You No that USA A/C are the best looking ! you just need an EYE ajustment ! Then you will feel much better (they always do ) !

Great picture ,and just kidding (not ) no really .

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I still can't understand how the typhoon was able to stay on station at that AoA and distance from the C-17..
The turbulence and the messed up air flow from into the intakes of the Typhoon should cause severe issues for maintaining sustained flight at that AoA and distance if not force the Typhoon into a dangerous stall/flat spin..right?
Experts? kilcoo,waynos et all?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have to lean towards it being shopped.

Unless they RAF has lost its mind. Why would you let your premier fighter that close to one of what 4 - 250 million dollars (FY 1998) heavy lift transport planes that they have. If real both air crews should be court martialed for performins such an asinine stunt. I can see no military purpose to get an aircraft that close.

Also I agree with Daedalus that the EF2000 would have a hell of a time keeping station that close. Canards or not, that up nose attitude would be difficult if not impossible in the slipstream as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It is probably real in the context that they probably
took the photos as they are but not that close...Zoom lense.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I have to lean towards it being shopped.

Unless they RAF has lost its mind. Why would you let your premier fighter that close to one of what 4 - 250 million dollars (FY 1998) heavy lift transport planes that they have. If real both air crews should be court martialed for performins such an asinine stunt. I can see no military purpose to get an aircraft that close.

Also I agree with Daedalus that the EF2000 would have a hell of a time keeping station that close. Canards or not, that up nose attitude would be difficult if not impossible in the slipstream as well.

As for your first comment's Fred, thats the RAF for you...

Doesn't the USAF complain when we do mock dog fights because our guys "fly to low and too crazily to engage"?
Nutty buggers, the lot of them!

Nice pic. Not going to pass judgement on wether they are real or not. Plenty of armchair photo "experts" already here that would debunk a photo of my cat if they had a chance

"whiskers don't look right and her eyes are a funny yellow colour..."

EDIT: Too add. I have looked at the sequence of photo's and don't believe the Typhoon was there for a great length of time. I imagine it came in, slowed, then backed off again, if you catch my drift.

Still, a dodgy maneuvure!

EDIT AGAIN: It's a C-130, not a C-17 as well. We have plenty more than 4 C-130's. Just thought I would point that out.

[edit on 12/1/07 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezza
It is probably real in the context that they probably
took the photos as they are but not that close...Zoom lense.

Looking at the entire sequence of photo's, it would seem the Typhoon comes from below and behind the C-130, slows, then relative to the C-130 appears to stop then backs off again.

As you can see in some of the photo's that have a better perspective, it does get rather close. The first picture does make it look like it's in the rear door, however...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Here's the FULL set

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The full set does make it a bit more clear. thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They were built hand in hand to form a super transformer plane known as the Typhoonacles. Combined the aircraft has the strike abilities of a fighter and the transport capacity of a large transport.

Great engineering and fascinating advancement in the realm of Transforming.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join