It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puff Daddy, P Diddy, Pup Doggy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Whoops...It seems that a line of Sean "Diddy" Combs' Sean John "Hoodies" sold by Macys Were not really Faux Fur. But were acutally made from the fur of Dogs. Racoon Dogs, to be precise.

Macy's pulls Hoodies

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I always shop for the real thing anyway.
Down south, a coon dog is a dog used to hunt raccoons. There is also a species of cat known as the Maine Coon Cat. Nasty buggers, from what I've heard.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow, check out this dog.

According to this site, it really is a member of the dog family, Canidea

The Racoon Dog

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hehe... I always said that Hip-hop pop culture was for the dogs.

I wonder how all those wanna-be pimps/gangstas feel about wearing Fido?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That's gotta be Photshopped, spacedoubt.... great picture, nonetheless.

Someone should start a topic on recipes for wild critters. Calorie counts, fat content, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
No, it's the real thing.

I guess it's more closely related to foxes..But check out the link, thats where the photo came from..Many more pictures there.
First time I've seen the animal..
It really is racoonlike.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Puff Daddy, P Diddy, Pup Doggy

What the heck is his name anyways?? I have heard so many versions. What is his REAL name and what is his fake gangster name? Anyone??

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I did check out the link. Pics 02 and 03 are definitely fox. I wish I could see the paws on the coon dogs.

Racoons and bears are members of the canine famiily, tho, aren't they?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here's a pic of another rare and endangered species, the jackalope:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What is his REAL name and what is his fake gangster name?

His real name is Sean Combs; his stage name, which was originally Puff Daddy, is now P. Diddy. (Don't ask me why, something about bad stuff associated with the name) I don't think he's ever purported to be a gangster...ladies man, maybe, but not gangster.

OT, I'm not even surprised about the dog thing. I don't buy his clothes and I don't buy his music.

Is the dog he used really endangered? If so, double

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
HH,

Upon further reading, it doesn't appear to be endangered.
It seems to have adopted a lifestyle similar to racoons as well.
Omnivorous, and opportunists.

They have a lifespan similar to dogs, 11 years, but only 4 years in the wild due to hunting.

The thing that bothers me, is when animals are used for something that can be made synthetically. When they are killed in an inhumane way (you can read more about that at the website ).
And when so much of the rest of an animal is wasted. They don't appear to be used for food.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
China Is Good Business!

* Make all things you need fast and good!
* Give you all things you need in life!
* Charge you little money so you can mark-up by 4000% to fleece USA shoppers!

Jeans, no-name shirts, cheap sneakers, work boots, good shoes and a business suit, what on earth do you really need?

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
*shocked*

Oh, goodness. Now I have to wonder about the removable fur trim on my birthday jacket....different company, but...it IS terribly soft, and rather "authentic faux" if you catch Mr. Drift.

*hopes no innocent raccoon dogs were violated*

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Raccoon dogs are a real species. They're not a species that is native to the west, but in Japan, they are well know in legend and lore. Often times, raccoon dogs are said to have shape shifting abilities, and often play tricks on humans by impersonating an everyday household item like a tea kettle, broom, or stool. The Japanese know this animal very well, and they exist through out Japan. They're not related to dogs, though they closely resemble raccoons.

top topics

join