It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iraq: The Hidden Story." Green Zone Under Siege **Warning: Graphic imagery*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I urge you to view this honest and eye-opening documentary by channel four, Iraq: The Hidden Story.

Iraq: The Hidden Story **Warning: Graphic imagery**

The US is not "occupying" Baghdad, they are holding a mere 4 square mile patch of walled-in land: the Green Zone, like a caterpillar in a glass jar placed inside a fire-ant nest. Outside that it's a land under siege where only armoured convoys dare traverse.

Foreign journalists are now totally unable to travel outside the green zone, and even local journalists face daily death threats, attacks, and kidnapping. Ordinary Iraqis armed with assault rifles patrol at night to protect their own streets and neighbourhoods.

A recent national survey in Iraq concluded:
    • 94% express disapproval of al-Qaeda.
    • 61% of Shiites and Sunnis now support attacks on US forces.
    • 74% of Shiites, 91% of Sunnis, and 80% of Shiites want the US out within a year, with the majority believing that day-to-day security would improve if coalition forces were not in Iraq.

The occupation of Iraq will only continue see an increase in bloodshed for both coalition forces, and Iraqis. You cannot rebuild a nation with bullets and tanks, and you cannot rebuild a nation when an ever-increasing share of the population simply doesn't want you there. There will be no "seeing it through" in Iraq IMHO, there will only be an occupation under increasingly violent siege, and a month-by-month choice for the coalition forces over how long and how much they can stand to bleed.

The documentary also shows what is alleged to be a US helicopter attack on a crowd of innocent Iraqi citizens, and explores the extent to which the violence and hopelessness of the occupation is sanitized in our media.

[edit on 2006-12-23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wecomeinpeace if I could give you a WATS for posting that article.

Another one of the underlying problems in Iraq that people fail to grasp is that al-Qaeda only makes up a small minority of the insurgency in Iraq. It is very difficult to create a nation out of bunch of people who are blinded by thousands of years of hatred.

They other crucial thing to note is that no political solution will solve Iraq's problems. No prizes for guessing what the Coalition has spend the last three years doing.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Its not often a video leaves me feeling sad.

This video has shook me to the core, because i am an avid military supporter of UK troops (as well as US/ Canadians/ Poles/ Dutch and all others) but I believed deep down they are doing a job to bring normality back to the Iraqies.

I am staunchly anti islam, but I actually shed a few tears watching the sheer bravery these people have to call on day in day out under the umbrella of life in the red zone.

I have had my ignorance well and truely denied.

For that wecomeinpeace I salute you 100%

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This video depicts the same that we have been hearing for some time. The fact that western journalist are unable to go outside the green zone is nothing new. What I found to be the most educational is how Iraqi daily life has become so difficult. Simply put, it shouldn't be this way.

I have always been against the war in Iraq or any war because the innocent are always the victims. If you think about it, if this war was really about liberating these people from a brutal dictator, then the whole point would be to make their lives better. That is obviously not the case.

This video proves that the ones that instigated this war did not have anyone else’s interests in mind, but their own. If there is a Hell, there will be a special place reserved just for them.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
2 points, One for all who say they hate/fear Muslims and so called terrorists what would you do and how would you feel if those were American or British bodies on our streets.

If I had my way all the news would be shown all the time and to all people of all age groups, will the patriots still hold their heads high and say we have a right to do this, will they feel the same when it happens to them?

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It makes you sick doesnt it.

this man comes on TV, with that f'n smirk.. trying to convince you of progress, and success.

look at the reality.

seeing bush on TV with that stupid bloody grin on my face makes me want to [**snip**]

look at the misery, the hardships he has FORCED on a nation, for the sole reason of $$$

America isnt this making you sick?
arent you ashamed that he calls himself your leader?

look at IRAQ.
look at that damn movie

I ask you, where are the weapons?
where is the progress?
how can there be success?
where's the 'winning path to victory''

WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING YOUR GOOD PEOPLE 'soilders' TO BE USED AS PAWNS IN THIS ILLEGIAL WAR?

jesus christ... I am ashamed to be called a human being, simple because this man can smirk, laugh. and enjoy his xmas.. while a entire nation suffers becuase of his sheer greed and stupidity.

Every american should be ashamed to call themselves a citizen under this man.

SHAME ON YOU.
SHAME ON YOUR FOR ENJOYING YOUR CHRISTMAS and LAUGHING AND JOKING WITH YOUR LOVED ONES WHILE THIS MAN REMAINS IN POWER AFTER COMMITING AN ACT WORSE THAN HITLER!

I bet many of you republicans didnt even ponder the thought that you have a family, you have presnets, power, food and happieness in your home this holiday period.

what does the average iraqi have?

how can any human in america be content with using there time to give gifts, instead of using there time to remove this evil man from office.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 2006-12-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ag,
you cannot compare Bush to Hitler just yet. Hitler was equal only with stalin and Pol Pot.

Bush is mad, bad and in MOHO, totaly stark raving loony followed every where by that smirking bastard Blair here in the UK.

I really do hope that god throws the book at them in the next life, because their pampered and protected arses have no hope of retribution being layed down in this life sad to say - no nerumberg for blair or bush / cheney, sadly.

Sad video, very sad, and as always its the poor that suffer the most.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Many of us are aware of the green zone, but also understand that the green zone is also there to protect the government in Iraq.

Funny but that is the only way that they can survive.

Then we most understand also that who is really making the decisions in Iraq when it comes to the leadership? US occurs.

When a nation leaders can no even keep their main cities under control means that the rest of the nation listen to nobody but the local war lords.

That is the way things are working in Iraq, the police is nothing more than militias in uniform.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Consider this,

During the first two years of the Bush/Cheney fiasco the Whitehouse would announce where the dazzling duo was traveling all the time.

In the last few years the Whitehouse has stopped announcing even where the dazzling duo is spending the Holidays.

America - Where is your "President"????

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Near the begining of the video they show a pile of bodies and a close up of a man who had been tied up and executed.

Look at what he has been tied up with, those plastic handcuffs where brough in by the US military.

It's things like that that should be setting off the alarm bells in your mind. Who do you think is funding these death squads.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Near the begining of the video they show a pile of bodies and a close up of a man who had been tied up and executed.

Look at what he has been tied up with, those plastic handcuffs where brough in by the US military.

It's things like that that should be setting off the alarm bells in your mind. Who do you think is funding these death squads.

That's a cable tie and anyone can get hold of those.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Who do you think is funding these death squads.

Anyone and everyone with a vested interest in post war Iraq, even the Clerics are gathering their personal armies for the next big power struggle.

top topics

join