It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Dragon gearing up for war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Is china [the dragon] gearing up for an invasion of taiwan?

Is the Dragon getting ready for war?

i think that the north koreans could take full advantage of an invasion of taiwan and invade south korea.

Would you consider this to be WWIV?

sence the war on terrorism is WWIII?

you thoughts

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i hope that if

China invades taiwan
and
Nth korea invades Sth korea

that the US stays the hell away from it. because if they dont, they will wear nukes from china and NTH korea. and that will effect the US immediatly but it would also effect the rest of the world.

SAY NO TO WAR.

(btw im not anti - USA im just saying it the way it is)

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think the Cold War was WWIII. The war on terrorism might become WWIV, depending on how it goes. China invading Taiwan doesn't get world war status unless a lot of other nations get involved somehow.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft
I think the Cold War was WWIII.

Not much of a world war if only a handful of countries are involved.

My guess is that China is going to be the next superpower. With this responsibility comes serious war in order for the new superpower to proclaim its global sovereignty. I've been wagering on China starting a war since the spyplane episode. Talking to a Taiwanese friend of mine we both think China is taking advantage of other nations being involved with the war on terror to develop weapons in a personal arms race. China will soon be unstoppable. Almost a 1/4 of the population of the world already live there so if we were ever involved in a war against China, it would last scores of years.+

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
China may very well be the next SP. But they have spewed off this nasty rhetoric regarding Taiwan many of times before.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
well me being me and this being a conspiracy site and all.....i thought that china was going to go to war with the US after 9/11 because things went very quiet over there.....now this scared the # out of me..being in AUS and all.
I do however "feel" that war is coming and coming soon so maybe we will have ww4.......never knew ww3 was the war on terror...but hey thats why i'm here.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
well me being me and this being a conspiracy site and all.....i thought that china was going to go to war with the US after 9/11 because things went very quiet over there.....now this scared the # out of me..being in AUS and all.
I do however "feel" that war is coming and coming soon so maybe we will have ww4.......never knew ww3 was the war on terror...but hey thats why i'm here.

The WW3 thing is viewed differantly by just about everyone, so dont set that belief in stone. Don't bother listening to much to China, they have spewed off these kids of remarks numerous times in the past.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
China's rhetoric may be for propagand reasons for their population, to show that they are "tough on Taiwan", the same wasy the U.S. is "tough on terrorism".

I'm no pacifist, but my thoughts are the U.S. should stay out of this one. Let em duke it out, and may the best man win. We have enough people hating us already, and I still haven't been to China to see the Great Wall. A war would screw my plans totally!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Almost a 1/4 of the population of the world already live there so if we were ever involved in a war against China, it would last scores of years.+

Not really...unless we actually wanted to try and occupy China (which would be suicide...). In a war with China, we would simply focus on destroying their ability to make war...and possibly use chemical weapons to take out troop concentrations...

When you're talking about two nuclear superpowers though (and I don't know about you, but I consider China to already be one...), the nuclear factor makes all bets off, as if used, will lead to catastrophe on BOTH sides...and nobody would really "win"...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Taiwan and S Korea will beg and plead for the US to step in and help. The US will do just that, then after its over, both will complain that the US is there.

Please help Please help. Now go away!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
Is china [the dragon] gearing up for an invasion of taiwan?
in my view...NO...remember what Gulf War I, was that Iraq claimed Kuwait was a 'state or province' of Iraq...and armed troops to seize Kuwait only resulted in a world wide action to Reverse that hostile action. A future armed attack / occupation by China of the 'break-away Taiwan' would not be tolerated by the world community. The Chineese will bring Taiwan back under the China fold thru legal & diplomatic adventures...after the China Moon Mission & the Olympics in China

Is the Dragon getting ready for war?

:heres a read, found at www rense--> which outlines one persons analysis -> www.rense.com...
(WW4 in 2004 + Operation Clean Sweep)

i think that the north koreans could take full advantage of an invasion of taiwan and invade south korea.

Would you consider this to be WWIV?

sence the war on terrorism is WWIII?

you thoughts

Actually China is in a bit of fits, the Urban Populations are 4X as prosperous as Rural Citizens...
the steering committees & movers& shakers of policy are in process of constructing and Urbanizing the far more numberous and poorer populations......a 10 yr plan of infrastructure & education & training & building, to reduce the plight of the 85% that are being LEFT BEHIND as it were

A massive armed forces maneuver, occupation, would command TOO much of the limited resources China has.
Nuking Taiwan is no answer either....[AH, brains over brawn is a strategy...]

but by funding Americas terrorist enemies, squeezing the USD off the OPEC benchmark in favor of EU & Yu standard, goading the americans into an expensive new moon race..... well, these are only, some 'tactics' that our leaders must look out for...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Taiwan and S Korea will beg and plead for the US to step in and help. The US will do just that, then after its over, both will complain that the US is there.

The u.s. will certainly step in when u.s. troops are killed.

When you say complain, did you mean the pop. wil complain or the govt.? It seems you have a grudge against them.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How strong is taiwan's military?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
i hope that if

China invades taiwan
and
Nth korea invades Sth korea

that the US stays the hell away from it. because if they dont, they will wear nukes from china and NTH korea. and that will effect the US immediatly but it would also effect the rest of the world.

SAY NO TO WAR.

(btw im not anti - USA im just saying it the way it is)

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by ausconspiracies]

So it is okay for China and North Korea to make a move but not the US?

Do not understand your logic man.

Maybe they will move on Australia next, I'm sure they would find that a tasty morsel. Would you like the US to interfere then?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

like france?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have an impression that is what he was trying to say.

edit- how strong is taiwan's military, do they have a chance against china?

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by gooking]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooking
I have an impression that is what he was trying to say.

edit- how strong is taiwan's military, do they have a chance against china?

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by gooking]

they have a crazy chance in hell that theyll doing anything aginst china's army

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They stand a good chance against china, China lacks the amphibious assault capability to push a large force onto the island, it also lacks the airborne assault assets for that, the taiwanese posess a modern military force with the latest equipment and training provided by the best contractors in the world, along with US Army training.

Their forces are very well trained and could pose a serious threat against the chinese conscripts, The Chinese army has only a few Class A divisions and if they are broken then the conscripts really stand no chance against professional soldiers.

Taiwan would hold out for months, perhaps years unless the chinese were to nuke them, but if nukes were used then all hell would break loose in the region.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
well according to english.peopledaily.com.cn... taiwan wont last long...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It IS a chinese media site, jeez.

You'd think they had a vested agenda or something

The first casualty of war is always the battle plans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join