It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean wants to break up Fox News!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
link1

Yeah as opposed to AOL Time Warner owning CNN, TIME, and other media outlets......Yeah I can see how Dean is for American freedom of speech....lets see, what are AOL Time Warners assets.....

Revenue: $38,234,000,000
Total Assets: $208,559,000,000

Dean sucks ass and is a complete joke for a democratic nominee.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Doesn't that tell you all something? One right-of-center media outlet comes along and everyone is gunning for it. Rupert Murdoch has 'The Weekly Standard.
Big deal! who here besides me subscribes to the Weekly Standard, anyway? lol.

The left has every other media group in it's pocket on top of tax payer funded radio, NPR. Dean wants to attack free speech.

And, He says "Eleven companies in this country control 90 percent of what ordinary people are able to read and watch on their television,"

What's ordinary? what kind of statement is that? Plus, that really doesn't bother me [the 11 companies controlling 90%] Look at the media sources we have, and look at all we have on the internet!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If Howard Dean wants to control the flow of information...Doesn't that say he is afraid of something in his past?!?!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dean justs needed a "hot topic" issue, and every liberal wants to take down FOX.

Eh

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Dean is doing a FINE job at "breaking apart" his own chances at the Presidency and the Democratic Party.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Howard Dean Sucks, Fox News Sucks, CNN Sucks, MSNBC Sucks, All the mainstream media is full # ....oh and they suck too.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Dean is a joke and so is his ranting about taking down Fox, just looking for a way to earn a few votes if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I hate Fox news,
I could care less about Howard Dean, that kids just a dink and a half.
BBC is the way to Go, Or Canadain news.
Deep

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Seems Dean has got some major problems........

"DEAN'S DILEMMA"
Link:
www.rnc.org...

Wow....Mr Dean....like wow....

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Seems Dean has got some major problems........

"DEAN'S DILEMMA"
Link:
www.rnc.org...

Wow....Mr Dean....like wow....

regards
seekerof

Yeah I seen that a few weeks ago, I posted something about that on another topic.....Forgot which one, but man that guy has issues. I would like to see those records.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Doesn't that tell you all something? One right-of-center media outlet comes along and everyone is gunning for it. Rupert Murdoch has 'The Weekly Standard.
Big deal! who here besides me subscribes to the Weekly Standard, anyway? lol.

The left has every other media group in it's pocket on top of tax payer funded radio, NPR. Dean wants to attack free speech.

I get TNR Bob, does that count for something?

And speaking as a moderate Dem, I have NO idea who in this fiield I can really rally behind. I liked Dean at first but the more I read about him (even from "our side" of the press, like TNR) the more I dislike.
depression.. my party is falling apart

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by observer]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Observer: for a second there I thought by 'TNR' you meant 'the National Review' - which I also get - but then I came to my senses.

I would have to agree with you, that party IS falling apart. And, I seriously would like to see a strong Dem party. It would make the GOP stronger as well as the country. But I think they need to hit rock bottom which won't happen until they stop catering to every special interest group that give them a few bucks.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
But I think they need to hit rock bottom which won't happen until they stop catering to every special interest group that give them a few bucks.

You mean exactly like the GOP has now? I don't see a set of balls in the bunch!
Sac-less I say, sac-less!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
We're still in denial, BT

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Dean justs needed a "hot topic" issue, and every liberal wants to take down FOX.

Bing! bing! bing! Dreamstone gets the cupie doll...

You'd think they'd try to focus on important issues, like healthcare, social security, deficit, situation in Iraq/Afghanistan, repairing our national image, the euro vs dollar issue, etc.

This is exactly why the Dems haven't got a snowball's chance in hell, of ousting even the current idiot in chief....*sigh* much as I'd like to see them do it...

My vote's still going to someone who isn't named "Bush", but jeez.....give us something to work with here people......

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
...yet no review of the Murdoch empire? Just as mindless Evangelicals love to hear Jimmy Swaggert, you guys are going to bitch about Fox being "attacked"!?!
Global empire with global indictments against it....but dean is wrong, huh?

Geez.....SAC-LESS!!!

top topics

join