It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what the war on terror means ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now Thomas, Satyr understands that. Since he is a perfectly innocent person, who likes to have a little drink and then drive a bit. The fact that somebody THOUGHT he could commit a crime like killing or maiming someone is appalling. Even more sickening is the fact that they would even THINK he intended to do harm to anyone!

I mean, I still am so upset by the thought of our law enforcement just THINKING he might do something bad and using the law to "force" him away from his liberties.
I mean wow!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is it me, or is your sarcasm most awesome?!?

I bow to your powers!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
By the way, to be apprehended for a .07% means you were a complete moron at the traffic stop!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secado
Ok, going to Afganistan not illegal...you are correct.
Training, aiding, and working with known terrorists illegal? Yes.

I am sorry your experience with the justice system was so bad. I am sorry that you committed a crime (DWI was it?) and felt so pressured to accept a plea bargain.

I wasn't legally drunk, according to Alabama statute (.08 is the legal limit), but it's their policy never to drop DUI charges. I wasn't drunk @ .07%. It was actually winter, and the road was glare ice. I was pulled over for passing a vehicle in a passing zone. Later, that was changed to driving on a closed road, even though there was nothing indicating the road was closed. (The whole damn city freaks out when it snows down there) The reason I passed the vehicle was because it was going about 10MPH up a steep hill. Now, I lived in Minnesota before that, so I know how to drive on ice and snow. At that speed, I wasn't going to make it to the top of the hill, which meant I'd be sliding down backward into oncoming traffic.
Don't give me # about driving or drinking.

1) You had no idea what the circumstances were
2) It was 8 years ago now

That was a cheap shot.

Back to the issue at hand. At the time they went, it was not illegal to go to any training camp anywhere. This was before 9/11, remember?

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
By the way, to be apprehended for a .07% means you were a complete moron at the traffic stop!

Nope. It means that I pissed off a cop. He made me do the whole routine while stranding on ice, and I did all of it no problem...never even slipped once while standing on one leg saying the alphabet and touching my nose. Then, he grabbed my arm tightly and I told him I wasn't going anywhere and that I was 100% cooperative, and that he could let go. He said he was afraid I would slip. I told him I wasn't going to slip and he let go. Just then, he slipped and almost busted his ass walking around the front of his vehicle. I said, "Be careful, it's slippery." and he got pissed. That was the main reason that they had such a hard on for me.
Apparently, they don't like smart asses.

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You are full of crap and I am here to call you on your crappiness!

If you weren't acting in a stupid manner, they would have let you be. .07 is officer's discretion.

Shovel crap in someone else's face.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Now you're calling me a liar. # you!
This has nothing to do with this topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And, by the way, I'll give you anything about driving or drinking. I can drive a VIP into and out of trouble, and I'll drink you under the table. Try me at Tekillya someday!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know, you're a prick.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thank you. Coming fromn a moron, I'll take that as a compliment. BTW, I'll clean up your pottymouth for you as you are too stupid to clean it up yourself.

Try me, moron.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
peace boyz...we've all been stupid enough to drive drunk. hopefully our friend satyr learned his lesson.

let's move on.

Just because it was before 9-11 makes the crime worse. They had enough time to make stock piles for when they got the call to blow us up. If they were innocent then they should have went to trial. But, since they copped a plea we will never know.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If it makes anyone feel better I have 2 dui's and I am only 25.

I don't need a lecture on what I did wrong or how stupid I was, so please people spare me with that load of crap. Everyone makes mistakes, mine just come in bunches.

I'll see your DUI's and raise you a reckless driving - back when I was about 21. I was actually drunk, but connections saved me from my stupidity!

You'll outgrow it if you are lucky, or fortunate.

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As always, Saphie, you bnring me back to calm

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Also, yes, I did have a history with Hoover PD. I was quite wild in my teen years, and the judge hated my guts, along with the cops and the DA. FYI, the worst offense I had under my belt was speeding tickets and minor possession of marijuana. I'm not ashamed of my record at all. Actually, now that I think about it, that was about 10 years ago now. You should remember the big winter storm of 1993(was it?), Thomas?

Thank you for getting these trolls off my case. Everyone does make mistakes. It has nothing to do with how intelligent you are. Get off my damn case!
I see how you guys are....immature trolls, who only want to slander someone's name in attempt to make your case sound stronger.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yup, you're right. We are trolls and you are a drunken saint.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And judges just hate the most lovable people's guts! Never figured out why, either.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh, I'm no saint. That's for sure. And I'm certainly not drunk yet, but I'll let you know when I am, ok?

Actually, that judge hated anyone he saw in his court room before. Especially when the cops lie and say bad things about you that never happened. I watched the bastard stand there in court and tell bold faced lies about my roadside test. I was a long haired freak. What do you expect? They hate freaks just because we were freaks. I'd get pulled over just because I had long hair.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Beat you to it!! Headed that way now!!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Let's burry the hatchet, eh? I'm not a bad guy, you just don't agree with me. Sure, I've had more than my share of bad experiences with the police, and that may have alot to do with my distrust for the bastards. But, these kinds of things do happen to normal people all the time. Most people really don't have a clue, because most people never get arrested. It can be a real eye-opener, in more ways than one.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hatchet buried. You'd be surprised how much this ex-L.E. dude disdains the "police". (The constitution does not allow for such a force. We should have a "peace officer, rather than a police officer).

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Some of them get this gung-ho attitude, and that's it. They can do no wrong, ever. The guy that arrested me was treated like some kind of legend in his precinct, so he obviously had a big head. All the younger cops would bow in his presence, so you know if he arrested someone, the charges would stick, no matter what. Hell, he, the DA, and the judge all went to the same church! They probably played golf together on Sundays and attented KKK meetings on Thursday nights.
What part of AL do you live in, anyway?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join