It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Will the Steelers do it ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Will they win this week against the Ravens ?

Will they win the last game of the season against the Bills ?

Will they win thier playoff games and finally, finally get that 5th title ?

I certainly am rooting for them, let's show our support !
:party-smiley-018::party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Will they win this week against the Ravens ?

Not sure it's a tough game and will be close....

Will they win the last game of the season against the Bills ?

Even tougher game and could go either way...

Will they win thier playoff games and finally, finally get that 5th title ?

Newp i don't think they will.....

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In a way, I'm kinda rooting for them, even though i hate the team, the obnxious fans, and Myron Cope.

I hope the Eagles play the Steelers in the Super Bowl, and call it a tie after 5 OT's...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Steelers have been looking weaker, week by week. Ming's guess is that they will have run out of gas by Ravensday or surely at Buffalosville.

Cowher is a total fraud who lucked into Rothilsberger (or whatever his name is). Neither Cowher (who Ming still proclaims as the not-so-Bizzaro Sgt. Slaughter) nor the Steelers are worthy of a Super Bowl win or even an entry into the Super Bowl.

It will be sweet revenge for NE to go to the Steel Cage and take it apart.

BTW, Ming no loner assumes that the Eagles willl be in the S-Bowl either. The loss of T.O. will serve as their perfect excuse to gag and choke on their holiday eggnog.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
me thinks Ming has no clue...

I don't think the Pats will win thier first playoff game, they're done..

I see the AFC championship game being..

Steelers -vs- Colts....

in Pitt -8degrees, Payton, outdoors against the steelers D,

= Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl and a 5th Ring.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Elevator boy - Ming is all knowing. The Pats dismantled a "tough" Jets team. They are firing on all cylinders. They were w/o Corey Dillon last time they met the vaunted Plastics, I mean Steelers.

Do you really belive that anyone, especially an overhyped Steeler team, can beat a Bill Belichek team 2x in a row?

Pitts. will be out-coached, out-smarted and out-played. Ming almost feels sorry for Steeler fans having to be disappointed after having their hopes raised to unattainable heights. But they are such jerks, they do not merit Ming's sympathy.

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh is saddled with a nitwit coach, a QB untested in the playoffs and an ultra cocky attitude. That mixture is a sure recipe for disaster. Count on it.

Then you may apply to Ming for forgiveness.

[Edited on 12/27/04 by MingMercil]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Pittsburgh.... dismantled the Patriots and Eagles, in back to back weeks....

I'm saying that Pittsburgh won't have to play the Pats in the playoffs... the Pats will lose first.

If my Steelers don't make it to the SB, I will gladly come back here and say... You told me so..

I can also see how you can call coach Cowher a "nitwit" and a "fraud", let's see... he took the team to the Super Bowl early in his tenure here in Pitt. (blame that loss on O'donnell).

lets see..... how about this...

Head Coach
Bill Cowher
Pro Career: Became the fifteenth head coach in Steelers history when he replaced Chuck Noll on January 21, 1992.

In 1995, at age 38, he became the youngest coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl.

Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.

During Cowher’s 18-year coaching career, teams he has been associated with have made the postseason 14 times.

Yes, definitley a "nitwit" and a "fraud"...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
elevatedone, have you seen this?

Bill Cowher - link

Yeah, he's got a good resume. But he sure looks funky...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ming notices that the elevator person fails to answer the charge that Coward, er Cowher, is Sgt. Slaughter's son. What about that?!
Ming notes that even Gibbsy, can't refute that charge.

Hey Otis-boy, what has Cowher done for you lately? Ming seems to recall that the Cordell - "I'm sticking with my guy" - experiment didn't turn out so well, did it?

Oh yeah, blame QB O'Donell. When your Billy boy (soon to be Billy Goat) "leads" his team to a SuperBowl, it's his doing. When he loses it - don't blame Sarge's boy. Wake up and smelt the roses, you escalator.

Great job, Cowher - how many SB rings you got man? How has this know nothing kept his job all these years? He makes Marty Shot- aka Choke-nheimer look like Mr. Clutch. Ming says he keeps it because the Steeler fans must be as dumb as he is.

Ming awaits your apology, elevatorhead - because you will surely be giving it. Ming only hopes that Pittsburgh can stay in the playoffs long enough to be beaten by the Pats. Either way, their loss will be at home. Maybe that will be enough to open some eyes over there.

[Edited on 12/28/04 by MingMercil]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
:loudhorn: well Ming...

let's see... since we've last had the pleasure of speaking to eachother...

the Steelers, beat the Ravens and the Bills. hmmmm so much for that...

now we get the Jets again... everybody is rested, they're ready to go...

Steelers 24

Jets 10

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Steelers will beat the Jets..

Thats all i have to say on the matter.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I won't just hand this game to the Steelers. I beleive they'll win this weekend, but it will be a lot closer than you are thinking.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ming cannot believe that the Jets have anything left in the tank. Ming gives them credit for shutting down the Chargers - good job, fly boys. If they do have anything left, they certainly do not have enough to slug it out for 4 quarters with a very tough, physical Steeler team.

Besides, Ming is awaiting a Pats-Steelers rematch. And Ming has decreed that it must occur.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
...and the NFL gods listen?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes, Gibbsmeister, it is so. Thus it is written and thus it shall be. Please report back on Sunday PM for forgiveness.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I too want a Steelers / Patriots rematch... cause it just don't matter.. this year belongs to the Steelers, it doesn't matter who they have to play, however, I'd rather beat the Pats again than face Manning and his receiving core.... I do not like the Steelers secondary...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well as you see I am a Steelers fan also. Don't get cocky yet because we have played some tough teams this year. Every game is a coin flip because there is a 50% chance for both teams to win.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Apparently, Mng does not uderstand American Football: "There is a 50% chance for both teams to win." ??? Ming thought there was a 0% chance for both teams to win - especially at playoff time where there are no ties.

Ming hopes that all Steeler fans are like you, Tracy (Austin).

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I meant by... aw lets go with an example.

Say it's Patriot vs. Colts: Patriots have a 50% chance of winning and the Colts have a 50% of winning.

Understand? (I knew someone would get confused.)

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not cocky... just confident in my Steelers.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join