It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Raiders first to have website in Spanish and Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting. The Oakland Raiders are the first team in NFL history to have a website in Spanish and Chinese. So many Americans hate the Raiders (because of thier pillage and plunder attitude) but all in all, they have been more involved with the community than most other NFL teams.
If you notice the commercials on NFL Network, there are 3 that feature the Raiders. 2 of them are the SpaceRaiders commercials (which are halarious) and one Motorola (i think) commercial. It's some cell phone company anyway. I haven't seen any other commercials with any other teams except the Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials, and that's more or less just one player.
If the Raiders are hated so much, then why are there so many commercials about them? Howie Long has been doing commercials for Radio Shack for a very long time. Corny, yes, but funny. (Not to mention those rediculous pajamas he wears in one commercial!)
I love my Raiders. :approve: :party-smiley-018:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hate the Raiders, but my hatred had it's beginnings on Jan. 22, 1984.

14 years of NFC dominance in the superbowl, but the last team to lose was us. To the friggin Raiders. Bastards. They cannot be forgiven.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!! People hate the Raiders because they were good. Hmm... seems most people don't hate the damn Pats b/c they're good. I guess it's cuz they don't have a rich history like the Raiders do. I hate the Pats only cuz IT WAS A FUMBLE!!! Brady even admitted after the game that it was. At least I have a ligit reason to hate the Pats.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just hate the Raiders because they beat us that one game. Nowadays, i'm not sure if either team even could beat the other...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
True... very true.... sad... but true...
Oh well, only thing to look forward to now (again) is the draft. Hopefully we'll pick up some receivers.

new topics

top topics

join