It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush makes secret visit to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Mr Bush made a flying visit on Air Force One
US President George W Bush has made a surprise visit to Baghdad to mark America's Thanksgiving holiday.
The event was kept secret until Mr Bush was in the Iraqi capital because of security concerns. Had word of the trip leaked it would have been cancelled.

Mr Bush spent two hours having dinner with about 600 stunned US troops at Baghdad airport before leaving Iraq.

Even they had not been told in advance that Mr Bush was coming on the visit, the first to Iraq by a US president.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I can't believe he gave up his lovely White House made Thanks Giving turkey to go there. Maybe the message had finally got through that moral is pretty #ing low out there.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I was just watching this on the news.

The last time this had happened was when Nixon visited Vietnam.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Trying to win some more votes in for his next election.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There has got to be a joke about this somewhere involving Turkey right?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I hope so, haven't heard any though. Come on people!

How about "Hey there Dubya...err...your a turkey and it's thanks giving. What are the odds?"

(drum roll)

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooking
Trying to win some more votes in for his next election.

Exactly, I think it was a pretty good ploy.

I wonder when we'll capture Bin Laden and find those WMD's around voting time perhaps?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would be perfectly happy if we captured Osama. I doubt we'll find any WMD's though.
Anyway, while I'm sure Bush took into account the public reaction to a visit by him to the troops. It is still possible that he does actually give a damn.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i'm surprised he was able to pull it off...u known with all those terrorists running around the us..u know, those left wingers...if they had found out..........that would have been the end of the prez..the prez still has a few tricks up his sleeve...and yes bush does give a damn...he wouldn't be sitting out on a limb (even if it is only political) if he didn't believe in the cause..and that my friends is more than i can say about the last..so called prez.............

new topics

top topics

join