It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Builds Them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Think about how hard it would be to build a underground facilitie or fallout shelter, it would take LOADS of people, I'm not talking about the "secret" ones I'm talking about the Top Top Secret ones, that like the president goes to in case of a nuclear attack, and only like 10 people alive know where it is. But they would litteraly(sp?) need like 50,000 people to keep it in good maintence and current with technology. What would they do with the people that built it, fly them in blindfolded and then fly them out blindfolded or maybe they have a whole other army or something.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Good question Twitch.

Maybe the workers were wrongly informed.

Remember the underground facility that was a hotel, the construction was covered up as expanding the hotel. Probably that is what the workers were told.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well one way they keep people quiet is to make them sign confidentiality contracts with severe consequences if you violate this...plus they pay the people alot of money...which is probably the main reason.

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
Well one way they keep people quite is to make them sign confidentiality contracts with severe consequences if you violate this...plus they pay the people alot of money...which is probably the main reason.

There is always someone who might break their silence, for fame or hatred of government.
If that person gets killed by government, it will become a big issue.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well people disappear or "commit suicide" all the time...plus there are many anonymous leaks aswell..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Compartmentalized contracting.

Each firm builds particular features.

Some have top secret clearances, some do not.

I was reading the thread here, about the Denver airport, and when it was built.

Whole sections were built, and then announcements were given on major mistakes, sections were closed off, and then new sections were built. Including the runways that are buried under several layers of dirt there. The underground sorting facilities, etc.

I suspect the same methos were applied at the facilities you speak of. But the completion, was probubly done by 'authorized' and 'certified' government contractors.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
I suspect the same methos were applied at the facilities you speak of. But the completion, was probubly done by 'authorized' and 'certified' government contractors.

On a project that big, I guess million contractors work. Not all can be certified and authorized government workers, at least one will speak up.

What there any cases of people workers speaking up of building Area 51 or underground facilities. I don't remember one. Guess the government do a very good job.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well if I worked for a contractor in lets say, area 51 (provided they did such as hire outside work) , and had the option of work and make some money, or my family and I disappear if I talk...hmmmm

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
People do speak out about these places though..we know about norad,area 51,ect,ect,...we just dont know exactly what the are doing in those places for sure..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Well if I worked for a contractor in lets say, area 51 (provided they did such as hire outside work) , and had the option of work and make some money, or my family and I disappear if I talk...hmmmm

What if you had no family. You hate your life. Or you come to know you are going to die soon, why not become famous before you die?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well the people who build these places really dont know the intentions of the government to ecactly what the uses of the these installations,so there really is not a whole lot the can talk about...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Consider this the situation,

You put up a 30 foot concrete door deep underground. What would you think it is for?

That is a little vague, but if you put together stories from hundreds of contractors working in the same place, almost at the same time.

It is not coincidence.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You put up a 30 foot concrete door deep underground.

standard storage facilities for dangerous materials,underground fallout shelter[no reason they cant tell people about fall out shelters]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I wonder if the dangerous underground facilities with super computers or quaters.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They probably pay them rediculous ammounts of money and tell them its for some really rich paranoid guy and then a certain group will come and build a few rooms, and then another group will come and the contractors won't ever think this is a secret military base, they will just be glad they got a couple hundred thousand dollars from some rich guy, and just repeat that process over and over untill the base is done.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That is a good theory.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I wonder if the dangerous underground facilities with super computers or quaters.

After the facility is built "super computers" can be installed easily by military personnel ..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
[Edited on 11-23-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yes, Or perhaps the goverment isn't lieing to us about all of that and area 51 and norad are the only real "secret" bases cause it would still be quiite a problem.

haha jking... goveremnent... not lieing haha.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by TwItCh]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
MONEY is a big incentive to keep your mouth shut. These things are done on very lucrative government contracts. By law workers doing construction on government projects have to be paid what is referred to as a DAVIS-BACON wage named after the bill that mandates it. When you bid on a government contract it specifies what that wage is for the work you are bidding on. I have bid on government painting contracts and the wage specified is always VERY SWEET. I know the wage for CONSTRUCTION far exceeds the one for PAINTING.

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by groingrinder]

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by groingrinder]

<<   2 >>

join