It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best trained in Hand-to-Hand combat...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok, we have had talk about what country has the best special forces and what is the most elite of the special forces.

I am wondering which soldiers are the best trained in hand-to-hand combat. WIth no guns and no knives, but can be fighting someone with a weapon.

This can be an elite group or just a regular group.

Thoughts please...

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To get things started, I found this site which has some video clips of Spetsnaz soldiers fighting.
www.spetsnaz-gru.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have heard that the russian army or spf's are highly efficient at hand to hand combat..but it could be bs though..

edit: lol i didnt notice that the the link you provided was the russians...i guess that means i agree with you

[Edited on 11-22-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Try some of the "independant" individuals, who have had the chance to cross train. Among them are the best of field experienced, people who were required to live day to day in such a fashion.

And they survived.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This site has training videos from former special op hand-to-hand instructors.

I don't know if these videos are actually as legit as they say they are, but if anyone has any extra cash and wants to buy a bunch of videos and get back to me and let me know who is the best, that would be cool.

www.personal-selfdefense-online.com...

According to the write ups he gives it says that the seals and delta are in awe of the Israeli special op soldiers.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I dunno who is the best in h2h combat. I do know I like the literal translation of the ROK marine martial arts which says "no enemy soldier can defeat you".

Pretty neat huh.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
To get things started, I found this site which has some video clips of Spetsnaz soldiers fighting.
www.spetsnaz-gru.com...

Do you think SFs show how they train?

I think not cause they try and keep the techniques secret.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Try some of the "independant" individuals, who have had the chance to cross train. Among them are the best of field experienced, people who were required to live day to day in such a fashion.

And they survived.

I agree with you.

It is best to be cross trained.

and experience is a big factor.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
jackie chan seems to be pretty good...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

on video!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
...are most definatly the Gurkas (sp?)

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Gurkha's or the IDF

Krav Maga is an extremely effective fighting style and the knife used by the gurkha's could behead you.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

In a true hand-to-hand combat, SPETSNAZ fighter can overcome 4 well trained adversaries. Thanks to a tremendous physical strength and special skills, a fighter takes and endures enemy-s blows without avoiding or blocking because the first counteraction SPETSNAZ makes in the fight is in fact the last and- fatal one. One blow - one kill.

The third stage is probably the toughest. It lasts only 12 minutes, but
cadets call this test "12 minutes of hell". The 12 minutes are divided into 4 periods of 3 minutes each. This is exactly the duration of a round in a hand-to-hand fight. Every new round - with a new competitor, the competitor, who is a certified Red Beret. In this fight there are very few taboos:

- do not hit groin;
- do not hit back with elbow;
- do not hit elbows with straight leg.

The rest of the fight has no limits.

Link!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hard to say... the US Marines' / US Military have a funny fighting stance - side on with the back fist against the chest and front fist way out front.

Stupid, nay idiotic stance, IMO. But it seems to work for them.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Hard to say... the US Marines' / US Military have a funny fighting stance - side on with the back fist against the chest and front fist way out front.

Stupid, nay idiotic stance, IMO. But it seems to work for them.

"When the traffic lights changed ?green� and turned ?yellow� on, a red LADA car pulled up and nervously stopped at the ?zebra� in one of the main
Spetsnaz trooper fires the BIZON submachine gun

streets in Izhevsk. At the same instant, another car with a driver and two passengers stopped to the left of LADA. One could hardly say "Mike" when two armed men, with their guns ready for action, jumped out the second vehicle and attacked LADA. They swung the front door open and, shouting the usual warnings and commands, dragged the criminal out from the seat, searched his body and legs, and quickly pushed into the rear seat of their vehicle. One of the operators, dressed like a typical office guy in a snow-white collar shirt, dark trousers and a pair of Italian model shoes, with the Stechkin automatic pistol in the hand, quickly took the seat near the detainee. The door slammed closed, the car revved up and whipped a U-turn. The second operator, clad in camouflage pants, a sweat shirt and black leather boots, armed with the BIZON submachine gun, jumped into LADA and followed the first car, leaving a dozen astonished witnesses behind, on the sidewalk-
The green light turned on. The traffic resumed its usual motion.
The whole operation lasted less than 40 seconds.
No shooting in the streets of a city, no blood- Smooth and quick - the way the SPESNAZ profis work."
waiiiit a minute, i used to have a red lada

SPEZNAS meet no opposition these days....if they want smthng done, it'll get done, no matter what.
lucky the ukraine isnt part of the U.S.S.R anymore

statistics show that the average russian soldier is able to withstand 40-60% more pain than a marine

as for the israeli combattants....lol, i doubt they'd even be compared, it is rumoured that recruitment proves the hardest task of all, since you'll find most israeli teenagers pissing their pants too scared to hold up a weapon.
Cyrus
ps: these are statistics off the radio, sorry, no link.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by sirCyco

on video!

Hey i think jackie chan could probably kick some ass...he is fast and he does all his own stunts....he knows what he is doing...

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The Marines are actually trained with many of the knife techniques that were developed throught the Spetznaz sytem. The Corps has also developed a new hand to hand program in the past couple years that is pretty damn tough. It combines combat jiujitsu with kung fu and alot of weapons techniques.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
what about the Shao-Lin monks...they are pretty good

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Are we just talking about military hand-to-hand combat or simply just the "best trained in hand-to-hand combat"?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I was talking military. If you want to talk anybody, then I would say the Gracies are the best trained in one on one hand to hand combat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join