It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones Tracked by Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've been hearing a lot about this lately and how the Govt is tracking people using their cel phone including listening in on your private calls. I know this isn't new but the fact that they're beginning to add special tracking devices in cel phones now should make people ask what the hell is going on with that

zdnet.com.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
interesting post
gonna read up on the link now

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is just another way to make private information public. I don't want the government to know my whereabouts at all times.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the only way to have a secure phone line is to use a landline, corded phone.

the government does not need a warrant to listen to public air waves. Anyone can.

phones that use air waves are:

cordless, landline phones,

and cell phones

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Found this out on my trip to Ireland this summer:

In Europe they record every single cell phone transmission for "security reasons." Who is to say that they are not doing the same here?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   

In Europe they record every single cell phone transmission for "security reasons." Who is to say that they are not doing the same here?

I would think that that is logistically impossible....but then again, military tech is often 30 years ahead of private industry....

I think the gov has bigger fish to fry than worry about me talking to my fiance'..... If they wanna listen in, more power to 'em...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
interesting post
gonna read up on the link now

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by infinite]

I dunno...Infinite...that's one exciting comment you have there...enlighten me when you get around to reading the article...WOW!!...you must be a scholar. You just trying to rack up points....or what?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's mild changes like these that will help to structure the NWO when it comes in so people don't notice it as much. It's all very sneaky. They're not dummies, they're changing laws as we speak without consulting the public, i've seen it time and time again.

the ones with the bigger guns always win

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hope good hackers will shut echelon down sonn

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Have you ever heard the legend that the U.S. DEA were the ones that set up the cellular service "Cricket" in order to track drug traffickers?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
that damn drug dealers..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes.... I've heard rumors that they also slip GPS devices into the 'anti-theft' system. So, while they're recording your calls, they can know where you are. Great.

DE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
With all these millions of phone calls made every day, I really don't see how the government can effectively and efficiently monitor all of them. I mean, if they listen to them real time, there's probably not going to be enough staff to listen in to all of them because at any given time, probably a few hundred calls are being made.

Recording the calls and listening to them later could be a possiblity, but still, the number of calls rack up and you'll soon have a really overwhelming number of them to listen to.

I seriously doubt the capabilities of computers to track certain keywords, but governments have the best technology so who knows? Everyone has a different voiceprint, therefore they have some sort of differing lisp or accent from everyone else. The quality of the sound of a phone call isn't very good wither, so a burst of static may trigger the computer to "flag" the call.

And wouldn't terrorists and folk use code words or doubletalk when communicating?

I don't tihnk being tracked is too much of a problem. There are millions of cell phone users, and unless if you're doing something very bad, I don't think that you'll be singled out and tracked down. If you represent cell phones as dots on a map, there's probably gonna be too many to make any use of the info. Keeping the data of where everyone is updated is a issue as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think it's more of a tagging process. a computers IDs a keyword, and all call you make from then on are recorded and you are tracked. Hey, we do ahve voice recognition software and stuff, right?

DE

new topics

top topics

join