It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My friend told me the other nite that Abe Lincoln declared a state of emergency during the war and it was never taken away, thus nobody can have their constitutional rights taken away because there aren't any

does anyone know of this?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I dont know of that instance, but it might be true as far as him declaring a state of emergency. It is irrelevant right now though. We have constitutional rights. If the government cited that as being a reason we had no rights I would think that most people would react and some sort of a revolution would occur.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
My friend told me the other nite that Abe Lincoln declared a state of emergency during the war and it was never taken away, thus nobody can have their constitutional rights taken away because there aren't any

does anyone know of this?

you are implying that...you can resume being aboriginal stonemen...legally?

j/k
so technically, if you run some1 over u can plead innocent(u might be rerouted to an asylum for posing such a stupid aliby if ur lucky

good topic...:bn:
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Roosevelt also did this and every subsequent president has declined recinding the order.

Still think it matters if you vote republican or democrat slaves?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
If the government cited that as being a reason we had no rights I would think that most people would react and some sort of a revolution would occur.

so if u have no reason to have no rights then no revolution would start?

top topics

join