It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-writing history.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All polls or surveys are certainly debateable and Atlantic Monthly's list of the 100 most influencial Americans is truly a sad and misleading effort. The list has JFK suspiciously absent. I believe this is an effort to minimize the name of JFK from most of our children and grand-children's text books. There are far too many people on this list who have been ferreted out as being anything but beneficial to this country.

The likes of;
Richard Nixon-disgraced President
Betty Friedan-CIA provacatuer
John Rockafellar-tax free foundation still funding our demise
Margaret Sanger-Eugenics advocate
Horace Mann-Eugenics advocate
Sam Walton-initial funding came from CIA coc aine cartel

I suprised we don't see...L Ron Hubbard or Albert Pike

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm not too impressed by the Atlantic Monthly, having found numerous errors in its articles. And you're right, this list sucks. It does say "influential" rather than benefitical though. But some of the ones that are named don't fit that category anyway, also there are less than 10 women named, surely there have been more influential women than that?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Right, that's what I noticed. Richard Nixon was certainly influential, though most would say he influenced in a bad way. However, I admire him as a politician.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Right, that's what I noticed. Richard Nixon was certainly influential, though most would say he influenced in a bad way. However, I admire him as a politician.

I admire his intelligence, not really his politics. Of course, he was a bit before my time... So.....

[edit on 12-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
I believe this is an effort to minimize the name of JFK from most of our children and grand-children's text books.

i agree. it's a progressive eradication of mention of him from the education system so that after a certain number of years when the generation present during the time of his assassination dies off and the few generations following it are long gone, people will stop asking questions. they'll stop whispering the word conspiracy and pointing their fingers at the government and it'll be a dead issue, just as they intended for it to be.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
But kennedy wasn't all that influential.

Johnson signed more civil rights acts than he did. And while kennedy did escalate vietnam, he didn't even get us into it, indeed, his foreign policy was really just in keeping with the Truman Doctrine.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Johnson signed more civil rights acts than he did. And while kennedy did escalate vietnam, he didn't even get us into it, indeed, his foreign policy was really just in keeping with the Truman Doctrine.

Kennedy wasn't in office long enough to be very influential.. My mom and dad used to swoon about how great Kennedy was. He might have become a great president, but he wasn't there yet. The guy was only in there for two years!! Presidents don't even have their cabinet fully formed in that time span.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Watergate dont bother me.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Nygdan

Kennedy wasn't in office long enough to be very influential.. My mom and dad used to swoon about how great Kennedy was. He might have become a great president, but he wasn't there yet. The guy was only in there for two years!! Presidents don't even have their cabinet fully formed in that time span.

amen to that. both jfk and robert kennedy had the "right idea" for how the world should be in my opinion. all about peace, understanding, knowledge, and togetherness. unfortunately ideas like that don't fly in a war-fueled economy and power-driven society.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, the idea is that where Kennedy went wrong is that he opposed the globalist agenda. This is precisely why I say that one cannot always blame the president. Let me tell you, if your life is on the line, and you know it, you are damned sure going to do what you are told, not necessarily what you want to do.

I am not sure that Kennedy knew that his life was on the line by some of the decisions he made, but his successors have certainly toed the line.

top topics

join