It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of Nuclear War in the Holiday Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wasn't sure quite where to put this, so here goes.

When I was little, I used to have all kinds of dreams. Everything from nightmares to the happy dreams with pizza and friends. I was very, very alive and aware in my dreams, and wouldn't quickly forget them after I woke up. For a few years, I stopped having dreams. I mean, I'm sure I still had them, but I couldn't remember any the next day or when I woke up.

Until recently.

Starting about a week and a half ago I started having dreams of a scary, scary, nuclear-war stricken world. I keep having this image of seeing the Earth from outer space. A world lit up in destruction. Then I see individual cities vaporizing. I even hear faint news reports basically finding a way to report the end of the world. And in my initial dream, the news report even said that it had started with the current war we are fighting, and it had evolved to involve more and more countries. Finally, something having to do with Italy either suffering nuclear attacks or attacking with nukes triggered a mass nuclear war. First throughout the Middle East, and then a quick evolution into chaos throughout the entire earth as Russia, China, and the United States all launched their nuclear arsenal. I know this may sound really weird and far-fetched, or whatever you want to call it, but these are very clear dreams I'm having.

The reason I've been thinking about this lately is because I don't just have the dreams and remember them when I wake up. They reverberate throughout the day. I'll be doing something completely unrelated to this, and not thinking about nuclear war at all, and an image of a nuclear-war stricken world will once again flash in my brain. I kind of stop what I'm doing and just think about it for a little while.

I live close to Houston, TX. The first day after having the dream, I was scared to even look towards Houston, because I was scared that a nuclear weapon would detonate, and at the least, I would go blind instantly. The following night I had another dream about nuclear war, but this time about trying to escape the nuclear bombs barraging the country.

Since these dreams, or images, have started, I've thought constantly about finding some type of home far away from major nuclear targets just IN CASE of a nuclear attack. But I couldn't carry out any of these plans until I was much older and could support myself (as right now I'm still in high school). If a nuclear war was to start throughout the world, I'm pretty sure I'd be one of the first to be affected. I read a recent list of the top targets for nuclear weapons in the United States, and Houston was #2 after New York City.

Anyways, I know this may not mean anything to most of you. But I just thought I would share these dreams/foresights. I'm not trying to say that I think this is going to happen very soon, but lately I've been having constant feelings that it will, and it is beginning to scare me. I may just be some stupid high school kid, but to me it just appears as if the world seems to be going downhill so fast. But, at the same time, there is still good that's fighting to keep it alive.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I hope you sleep better tonight.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Question, How have your sleeping habits been? As in have you changed a sleeping schedule? Like sleep at 10 everynight, wake up at 4? Then switch up to like 9 to 5 sleeping? It will make a difference of whether or not you have dreams usually.

As far as the actual dream, I would suggest looking at it metaphorically, rather then literally. See if theres anything that can be appliable in your personal life. You may see a coming event during the holiday season thats going to "blow up like a nuclear weapon" or something of that sorts. Something coming up this holiday season that your hoping you can avoid? Maybe some bad news or something?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Friend, you just explained how kids from the 50's to the mid 80's felt. Nothing wrong with that.

I hope you can sleep better.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
our dreams can be quite scary. I totally relate to your feelings, for years I was haunted by what I call a "hurricane" dream, horrible weather, terrible destruction and then me being evacuated by helicopter and whenever I turned to see if my family was in the helicopter with me I would wake up.

as you can imagine, every hurricane threat was a big threat and a great fear for me, but after witnessing the events of Katrina and seeing my nightmares being lived out by other people, I came to the realization that such an event can happen to me or anyone else at anytime and really is beyond my control. So I stopped worrying about it and well I haven't had the dream since.

not saying that you should completely disregard your dream, but realizing you have no control of an event of that magnitude and accepting that it may or may never happen might help you put your dream in perspective. The fact that you are aware of the possibility and have considered your options and have thought about it has already given you a head start over many.

so my advice would be not to worry too much, be aware of your dreams and your fears but don't let it control you.

btw moving this thread over to the dreams and predictions forum.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This year has been a big one for the media. Due to Iraq, Afghanistan, the mini war in the ME, Nuclear threat from N. Korea and Iran....no wonder so many people keep thinking/dreaming about nuclear/terrorists attacks.
I myself had one last night. Now I do not know if it means anything or if it was simply something that I would eventually dream about due to media coverage. However, I tend to have many Deja Vu experiences with my dreams. After reading your post I thought I would share it with you. I was merely an observer in my dream. There were a group of islamic looking men in a room with the typical religious attire. They had just finalized their plans for a nuclear attack on western soil. They appeared very pleased with themselves. Then one of them commented that this act would shake off the christian rightousness attitude since they did not convert to Islam. Then a date flashed before my eyes. It was July 7 or 27th of 2007. To date I have never had any dreams with any numerals ever being in them, but I do experience a lot of deja vu. I just wanted to share that you are definately not the only one dreaming of nuclear things. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This topic reminds me of this song/video
youtube.com...

I also hope you can sleep better now days.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I had a vision a while back, maybe a year and a half ago? I can't remember exactly when, any how I had a vision of a mushroom cloud off in the distance, and everything was lit up, and there was fire all around.
Walking around in the firery glow were many black silhouette people. They were walking around untouched by the fire. I asked God, "Who are these people?" And I heard - "You are walking in the fellowship of the saints" I don't know if these people were in the flesh, or the spirit??

This was a vision that turned on before my eyes just like I was watching tv, or a movie. I was wide awake, and actually outside in my backyard when I had the vision. I don't know why I have visions, I just do! I started having them around 1998/99? I do not know where the geographic location of the Mushroom cloud was in my vision??

top topics

join