It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Wide Web

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Every creature has a purpose in which nature intended. Every creature is interwoven into the web of life. A tree has a purpose, a bee has a purpose, but where do we humans fit in the picture. Maybe its very simple or maybe just simply we do not belong here.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very interesting question and one that I have contemplated a time or two. In my opinion, humans exist to counter-act other acts of nature. But I also think that you can't strip it down to 'why do humans exist'. It has to be larger than that - why do animals exist?

For example, in order for a tree to survive, it must have carbon dioxide available. A tree then expels oxygen. In contrast, a human must have oxygen to survive, and expels carbon dioxide, which the tree needs.

Pulling from this, procreation is simply a method to ensure that humans continue to exist so that carbon dioxide continues to be produced so that trees can live and so on. Admittedly, a very, very simplistic example, but I think you get the idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yes thanks for the reply. I admit we can make it seem complex when its really simple, but its just a thought that I always have.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
A tree has a purpose, a bee has a purpose,

Simple build a house with the tree and eat the honey from the bee`s.

come on, some commonsense here please.

We serve a purpose far greater than the tree.It sustains life, for life to evolve, same for everything on the planet.We save animals everyday, we also kill, but so do the animals.

Sorry to sound simple but late and l`m tired

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Everything Exists equally, no purpose of any element higher than another; all working together in a cyclical conjunctive order to sustain the perfection of this Existence; a perfection that can never be rendered "imperfect".

Everything Exists, including Humans, for the same purpose; for Existence to know itself as Existence.

Beautiful♥lufituaeB

Existence is a reflection of itself... Perfect

[edit on 8-12-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I agree. I think our purpose is to evolve, and find ways to make life better. Expand the life of this planet to others. To other solar systems. To other galaxies. To other universes. Maybe even to other planes of thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why worry about the question of why.

Just be happy that you get to experience the gift of life.

You people have the luxery of contemplating existance, while others are contemplating how to put food on the table.

top topics

join