It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nov. videogame Sale numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The NDP has released the November sales of video game consoles and handhelds.

Nov. Game Industry Sales Up 34%

(this is US sales only)

DS - 918,000
PS2 - 664,000
GBA - 641,000
X360 - 511,000
Wii - 476,000
PSP - 412,000
PS3 - 197,000

The 2 biggest suprises is that the PS3 didn't even hit 200k, and the DS completely trounced everyone.
The 360 was the biggest selling "next-gen" console.
Gameboy Advanced sold very well considering nintendo has stated that 2007 will be the last year that GBA games are made.

Did any of these numbers suprise you?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i think the psp is picking up pace, and the xbox 360 numbers suprised me. im starting to think xbox has too much momentum for sony or nintendo to catch em.

the number that suprised me is the ps3 numbers. i knew they were going to have production problems, but damn they havent even sold 400,000 world wide yet.

the ds is hot though. if your lucky enough to find a ds in japan, u can buy it and resell it to a game store for profit. now that is one desired system . its at 27 million sold now im thinking. its kicking the crap out of the wii, ps3, and xbox360 combined for units sold. i dont have time to research my 27 million units sold number , but i think i read that somewhere the other day .

murcielago i am glad to see u started an unbiased thread!!!!!!

i must go now, peace

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
No real surprises if you take a moment to think about the figures.
The PS2 still has large consumer base including me so you would expect people to still buy the games. The Xbox360 is established in the market place and Xmas specials may add to the console appeal. The Wii has just been launched in NZ and I would wait until the console has been out for a while before looking at games sales.

The PS3 has yet to see daylight in much of the world enough said. The GBA probably has a large consumer base much like the PS2. Its really only the PSP and DS figures that are harder to explain. I dont know anyone who owns a portable console but my guess is more people own a DS hence more games sales.

The Wii is defiantly the console to watch.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The only surprising thing I see in this list is the amounts of Gameboy:A sold.

Man, am I glad I bought some Nintendo stock when the Revolution was announced. Last month alone they've sold over 2 million hardware units(Wii + GBA + DS:L)! I wonder how much profit they made. :drool: Can't wait till next Quarterly Report.

Not sure how accurate this site is, but here are the overall numbers.

nexgenwars.com...

360 = 8,146,749 (28.2 % of people polled on this site think 360 will win)
PS3 = 396,507 (16.9 % of people polled on this site think PS3 will win)
Wii = 1,238,716 (54.8 % of people polled on this site think Wii will win)

[edit on 8-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually, the GBA sales don't surprise me too much--it's easily the cheapest system rated, and even though it's days are numbered, I'm sure it's still worth every penny (for those that don't have to have cutting edge tech, at least.)

xpert, were you interpreting this as system sales or game sales? My understanding is the figures were for systems, in which case the numbers show (to me) that Sony dropped the marketing ball (telling the world you're only gonna have 400K available for almost as much as buying one of each of your competitors' systems probably didn't help much...)

I think the Wii will be the one to beat as well here, and I thought that without seeing these numbers as well. Cheaper by far, and at least appears to be more *fun* than the other two systems IMO. If nothing else, it'll probably have many more family-friendly games available, which definitely increases their potential market.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
To me, it looks like Nintendo is almost dominating the market. Between the GBA, DS, and Wii, it's getting huge sales. The only drawback for them being the price difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
The NDP has released the November sales of video game consoles and handhelds.

DS - 918,000
PS2 - 664,000
GBA - 641,000
X360 - 511,000
Wii - 476,000
PSP - 412,000
PS3 - 197,000

The 2 biggest suprises is that the PS3 didn't even hit 200k, and the DS completely trounced everyone.
The 360 was the biggest selling "next-gen" console.
Gameboy Advanced sold very well considering nintendo has stated that 2007 will be the last year that GBA games are made.

Did any of these numbers suprise you?

"the number that suprised me is the ps3 numbers. i knew they were going to have production problems, but damn they havent even sold 400,000 world wide yet." EliteGamer23

Those are US Only, so the figures are off a little. So Elitegamer, read the whole post before posting, you seem to have that problem...

Not surprised, the Nintendo DS has sold more because more need to be replaced. A six year old with a DS, might as well let a bull lose in a China Store. It will be broken and need to be replaced. Why touch screen is avoided by everyone who sells things to kids. Why the GBA is a much better choice and it sucks they will stop making games for them. Love my GBA, and Original GB, got one when they first released them, and it still works! Mostly...

Also, as far as I know, SONY has sold every PS3 released while Wii's fill shelves of stores. I went to my local Kmart and there were about 6 Wii's for every God360, but no PS3s. So, Wii's get dust, God360 has been out for a year so the demand isn't the great anymore and the PS3's fly off the shelfs faster then they can come out with them.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
UmHi, tell me which k-mart had the Wii please. I'd liek to order it because I haven't been able to find one anywhere. I've been all over the web, so if you have any leads, please let me know. If they don't have them, then it's pretty obvious that they are having no problem selling them.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
nexgenwars.com...

360 = 8,175,195
PS3 = 400,681
Wii = 1,250,002

Wii's are selling at a ratio of 3 to 1 over the PS3.

Wii's are making 50 dollar profit on each Console sale not including any game sales.

PS3's are losing an unknown amount of money rumored to be above 150 per unit sold.

The battle for Japan from all reports I've read is looking to be solidly in Nintendo's favor. It becomes a landslide victory for Nintendo when you take into consideration all the GBA and DSL they are selling.

Sony had initially project total year end sales of the PS3 of over 7 million. They revised that number twice to my knowledge. Once to 5 million and the last to 2 million. Now they are saying that Manufacturing mess-ups are so bad that they can't make a prediction for their shareholders. If I owned Sony stock, I'd be up in arms right about now. But I'm a Nintendo Shareholder and am giddy with delight.

Also I've decided to break down and buy one, or at least I will as soon as I can find one besides on EBay that is. U2U me if you find a lead.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Um Hi

"the number that suprised me is the ps3 numbers. i knew they were going to have production problems, but damn they havent even sold 400,000 world wide yet." EliteGamer23

Those are US Only, so the figures are off a little. So Elitegamer, read the whole post before posting, you seem to have that problem...

Not surprised, the Nintendo DS has sold more because more need to be replaced. A six year old with a DS, might as well let a bull lose in a China Store. It will be broken and need to be replaced. Why touch screen is avoided by everyone who sells things to kids. Why the GBA is a much better choice and it sucks they will stop making games for them. Love my GBA, and Original GB, got one when they first released them, and it still works! Mostly...

Also, as far as I know, SONY has sold every PS3 released while Wii's fill shelves of stores. I went to my local Kmart and there were about 6 Wii's for every God360, but no PS3s. So, Wii's get dust, God360 has been out for a year so the demand isn't the great anymore and the PS3's fly off the shelfs faster then they can come out with them.

umhi , why even bother posting here? i knew that sony had sold 380,000 ps3 world wide at the time of my post. sony stated they would have 4 million by new years, then revised it to 2 million, then stated they would have 400,000 for the usa by launch 11/17/06. my post was well informed , and i was suprised that sony hadnt even met their usa goal of 400,000. they hadnt even met this goal worldwide yet. sony is having a terrible problem getting the blueray diodes and i think the cell cpu is giving them some production problems as well.

dont tell me to read the whole post , WHEN I DO AND I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY. while we are exchanging board advice, you should research things before you type.

now this is where you post gets humurous. about the 6 year old and a ds. well suprise i have a 6 year old . when she was 4 i got her a ds phat and she never broke it, neither screen was ever scratched, and not one pixle ever died. 1.5 years after i got it, its still in immaculate shape. well she started kindergarten 3 months ago, so i decided to give her a gift after her first day and it was her brand new pink ds lite. it has been used quite extensively since and its still in perfect shape. if you arent keeping track that is one 6 year old with 2 ds and neither is broke.

the ds is one incredibly built, bad ass piece of machinery. it makes the gba looklike a gamegear. its been battle tested personally with a 4 year old, she had it when she was 5, and now she is 6 and neither of her ds are broke or messed up. so when you say a 6 year old with a ds is like a bull in a china shop i just laugh. a 4 year old wont even break it.

im not sure where you got the idea i think you are a sony fanboy. you are a MSN fanboy. i dont care to reply to any more of your insane babbling. others have already addressed what i could.

um hi dont make an account on ats just to spread bantha fodder. this is one of the last websites on the internet you will get away with absolute and pure bull dung.

sincerely mr link avatar

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh, you must have gotten one after the recall then. Nintendo had troubles because the screens were to thin and would either break, scratch, or make the colors psychodellic.
Anyways, the Kmart on Dega Street here in Oak Falls had six, and now have four. I went to get groceries and always check out the electronics department hoping for news on if and when they would be getting Halo 3. I should probably buy diapers to for when I soil myself over the greatness of Halo 3 on my God360. Also, played a Wii at a Best Buy, does Nintendo know there is 3d graphics now? Horrible graphics, no wonder it is so cheap, get what you pay for. Although I can't really talk, my Blazer won't go over 50 and my Dakota won't even turn over. What you get for buying cheap used cars.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
um hi - The DS Lite at first was developing cracks on its hinge...but Nintendo must have fixed that...since I here nothing else about it on the web. and yes...it scratches easily...the black on its really noticeable...but the white one, not so much.

I hate shiny electronics...the show scratches and dust far to easily...apple changed the look of there ipod nano because of all the scratch complaints...the DS is shiny...something they have yet to fix...and the PS3 is shiny.....something they should fix. They should all have that matte look to them, shiny may look good at first, but a month down the road you would wish that it wasn't shiny.

Your obviously a Sony fanboy...talking about how every PS3 made to date is has flown off the shelves...I have a feeling you weren't thinking the same thing when a year ago MS couldn't make enough 360's to keep stores stocked.

I dont own a DS...I just recently got a 360. I've been thinking about getting a handheld...but I just dont think I would use it enough...I like the homebrew scene, and the PSP...while having a bigger screen(which I like), but that means it wont fit in my pocket...which I dont like, but its homebrew area seems like a never ending game of flashing and different versions...to much homebrew maintenance if you ask me. While the DS, from what I've seen, all you need is something called DS Xtreme...the only thing I dont like is its rather small 4GB size...and the fact it costs the same price as the DS itself ($130).

...i think I'm done babbling.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't have a PS3, and I am one of the people who helped the God360 fly off the shelfs. And it is true right? PS3's don't even touch the shelves as people grab them the second the store gets them. Same as the God360 when it first came out and even today.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't have a PS3, and I am one of the people who helped the God360 fly off the shelfs. And it is true right? PS3's don't even touch the shelves as people grab them the second the store gets them. Same as the God360 when it first came out and even today.

Why do you call it "God360"?

and the 360 is on the shelves...no matter where you go.

Do you want a PS3? and if so...why? Developers have said that overall the 360 is a better gaming platform. And with its periodic updates...they can continually add new things to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I call it the God360 because I LOVE IT. Graphics, Games(Fable, Halo, DDR, RAW, COunter Strike, Burnout) And I will get a PS3, when price drops and more games come out.
ANd yes there are God360's on shelves, now. They've been out for more then a year now what do you expect? It's like asking why the movie Titanic is still on shelves NOW. WHen it was first released they couldn't crank em out fast enough for consumers. But when everyone who wanted one got one demand dropped. Right now PS3's can't be amde fast enough and are sold immediately while Wii's sit on shelves. I might stop at the Kmart again to see how many are left. Hmmm, I get a pay check today, maybe I could buy a Wii and become part of the "Conspiracy" EG and Chris came up with.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I could buy a Wii and become part of the "Conspiracy" EG and Chris came up with.

quit TROLLING. there are plenty of forums on the internet for you to troll.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not the one who made the Conspiracy that all these TV's, noses, windows, so forth are being broken in an attempt to make Wii look bad. I'm not the one who said people are incurring thousands of dollars in medical bills, TV bills, window replacement bills, to make the Wii look bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
you have dilusional thoughts, you make up crap and pass it off as truth. you state nonsense and take away from what could be decent conversations. what have you added to this thread? NOTHING!

i like seeing more and more people participate in the gaming forums, i dont care if they are a fan of ps3, wii, or god360. its just a problem when people act like you are, its trolling.

no one said anything about a conspiracy , BUT YOU. no one is paranoid, except maybe you. no one is taking away from the discussions we have here, EXCEPT YOU.

you dont find many forums on the internet where fanboys can actually have , intelligent, respectful, meaningful, and enjoyable discussions . you can find thousands of forums with kids who act and talk just like you. why are you here? you are doing nothing but polluting what has been civil talk about the console wars for months .

why cant these threads stay on topic?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

People go there, he's edited every post but read mine and other's responses, including CHris who agreed with EG that it was a SONY Conspiracy to make the Wii look bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join