It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia detains 136 suspected militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Dang straight, I am glad to see saudi arabia fighting with us in the war on terror for once. I see that one of them was a suspected suicide bomber. Who knows how many peoples lives were saved today because of diligent work on the Saudi governments part.

today.reuters.com
RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia, fighting a violent campaign by al Qaeda supporters, has detained 136 suspected Islamist militants including a would-be suicide bomber, an Interior Ministry source said on Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story just was posted on Reuters.com I think that its a great thing for the mid east to start cracking down on islamofaciests Nobody needs that in their country. I understand that this has been going on for some time and this latest roundup is the biggest haul of Al Queda that they have had for a while.

I like to think that most muslums in the aribic world hate islamofaciests as much as we do. I would hope that they would eliminate these threats to their soverenty as soon as possible. Who knows where that suicide bomber would have struck and who he would have killed.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just as a matter of interest whatukon, have you ever been to Saudi Arabia?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't know which is worse, Islamofacists or hard-line dictators. Having Saudi Arabia as a close ally is not exactly a boost for our human rights record.

I'm sure the suspects will be treated to all the rights due those whose crimes haven't been proven. Right. They will more than likely be tortured until confessions are signed, then summarily executed.

Makes me proud to be an American.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder how long will it takes until the Wahhabite government falls?

Fighting the War on Terror? Well... If i'd be a Saudi Head of State I'd be happy having this pretext for cracking down on opponents of the regime

The actual situation of the Saudi Arabian regime must be driving their government nuts...

on one side, they don't want to fall to religious extremists,

but on the other, they don't want to side themselves with people friendly to the Israelian regime

They hate the americans... but hell... they need them

top topics

join