It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to think about....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No I don't doubt maybe a technological civilization existed before, but considering how isolated it must have been due to the fact we've yet to find its ruins EVERYWHERE, I like the theory that aliens used to come here to mine our gold, and created us to mine it for them.

Hence the adam and eve bible story, and the Tree of knowledge, which was reproduction, some of the "gods" aliens didn't want us to reproduce, so they could control our population, while others were tired of "making" us so they gave us the genetics required to self-procreate like any other being...blah blah

Our myths are a sign of Cargo-Cultism...which goes on in the Pacific to this day because of WW2.

I just doubt any major technology is ours! Or plentiful!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, FreeMason, you are amazing! You pull out your ignorant anti-Christian blithering everywhere you go! There must be some kind of switch in your head that causes you to blather most about what you understand least.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:38 PM
link   
James, et al -- you need to do a little more research on the technology of the times. You're talking like all the Egyptians had were stone knives and bearskins, when the truth is very far from that.

For instance, this ushabti (I own one very similar, bought from the archaeologist that dug it up in Cairo) is one of millions such figures that were MASS PRODUCED by the Egyptians in 600BC... and earlier.
cgi.ebay.com...

Bronze swords and bronze tools were common:
cgi.ebay.com...
(and bronze is hard enough to work stone)

And wait for this page to load -- the amulet is smaller than your thumb:
cgi.ebay..." target="_blank" class="postlink">cgi.ebay.com...://cg i.ebay

They had tools to make these things -- Bronze Age tools, and they're in museums and private collections. You can not make microcomputers, horseless carriages, airplanes, blimps, dirigibles, plastics, or a lot of other things with this technology -- but they knew how to work smart and they had a lot of people that they drafted for labor.

And BTW, stone is of different hardnesses. Limestone can be carved with a pocket knife, you know.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good god TC, you just hate masonry that's it, your church tells you to hate masons so you do, you don't even think.

Everything I post is somehow anti-christian...That alien comment you just posted after has nothing to do with Christianity...

Thank god Byrd decided to not follow up on your post...at least the chain of hate you are causing TC is slowly being broken.

THANK YOU BYRD!!!!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As an example of just how capable of mass production the Egyptians are, take a look at this artifact (I own three, in fact)
cgi.ebay.com...

This is a style of amulet that was produced in the main workshop from about 650 BC to 400 BC in the City of Bubastis... they turned out millions of them. The cat cemetaries are full of them, since mummies were traditionally buried with a large number of amulets.

Remember, people worked with their hands as a way of living. Only one person in 200 did something other than craft work or manual labor.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow quite the egyptian enthusiast you be?

If they could mass produce those stuff, they surely could mass produce stones for the pyramids! heh...and it can't be TOO hard to pile stone on stone.

Although you have to admit, those inner chambers are really something.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Good god TC, you just hate masonry that's it, your church tells you to hate masons so you do, you don't even think.

Everything I post is somehow anti-christian...That alien comment you just posted after has nothing to do with Christianity...

Thank god Byrd decided to not follow up on your post...at least the chain of hate you are causing TC is slowly being broken.

THANK YOU BYRD!!!!

Sincerely,
no signature

Nope, Pal, no reason to hate Free-Masons (one of which I don't believe you are. None I've ever known were hateful slimes such as yourself). You, on the other hand, annoy me. Hate spreading? Here, let's look at this:
"During the Christian inspired dark age...(there were others) but I'm talking of the christian one from 500 AD to 1600 AD..."
The Dark Age had nothing to do with Christ, yet you want to pin it on Him. You cannot even mention the Dark Age without bringing Christianity up. By the way, are you in your ignorance trying to blame it on the church that would later be recognized as Catholicism?

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Again you are calling me a hateful slime....you betray yourself good sir!

And that dark age had EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CHRIST'S PEOPLE! There you go again...trying to push one denomination out of your "christianity" it matters not if it was catholics or protestant...fact is...people "enlightened" by christ, destroyed everything we worked so hard for...and set us back 2000 years...that's a long time.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 11-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i beleive its the christ who bringed the dark age, just loom at all these clever inventors and alchemists who where burned on the stake for "Heresy" or "sorcery".

And you will know why we invented nuclear power and aircrafts in the 20TH century.
Not in the 5th, not in the 10th, in the 20TH.

'Nuff said.

[Edited on 11/11/2002 by necro99]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You best watch out for the incuring wrath of TC

Hmm and your Bold did not work...how odd.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I know the egyptians were capable of mass production, but this ancient technology doesn't have as much to do with any of the ancients except through there myths. It's the collective rememberance of a time before a great flood that these myths all talk about. A time mentioned by the first civilizations, that all speak of flying craft and other advances similar, but not exactley like our own. I've read recently (I'll have to find the link, forgot to save it), that archeologists have found metalurgical factories. 25 alltogether, similar to our own, and just as capable. So it is possible they could have worked metal in similar ways we do.

You have to remember, our world is now a world culture for the most part, back then, before this flood everyone talks about, there weren't so many people alive like now. This is why you don't see a HUGE worldwide civilization LIKE ours. The simple fact that we're talking about a DIFFERENT culture from our own, shows that it wasn't exactley like our own. Read the myths, and forget that they are myths. Their called myths because WE say they are, but the ancients called some of those myths HISTORY, despite that fact, we still say myth. Again, I bring up the topic of troy....

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well what's really going to cook your noogin...is that they have found Gold Mines that are over 100,000 years old, where there were no people at that time (as far as they know) in Africa.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I've heard of these and seen photographs. Yet your willing to attribute these to something else besides us? There's no evidence that they were created by aliens, just as you say there's no evidence that we had advanced technology similar to our own, back then... Those mines came from somewhere, it was more likely us than them...

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well then you have fun explaining the Tower of Bable my good man

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure about that 1:200 ratio of craftsmen-to-laborers...I've never seen anything to confirm that yet & I've been studying ancient Egypt for over 10 years.

What I *do* know is that all such artists & professionals were employed (conscripted?) by the Government or the Churches (Actually, the Egyptians thought them to be the same thing...They had no seperate words to denote "art" from "religion"). To maintain an empire of that size for so many centuries would, I think, require better than a 1:200 ratio.

The vast majority of the laborers that worked on the pyramids were farmers that would have otherwise been out of work during the flooding season...And were paid in wages of grain & beer (Take note you alcoholics, you!
)

Yet, the Great Pyramids didn't just get invented...There was at least 2 generations of the Dynasty that developed & tested the "True Pyramid" shape that sits on the Giza plateau. Earlier examples of "failed" pyramids are evident: The Bent Pyramid had the angle of the sides changed when it was half-completed; The Red Pyramid which collapsed before it was completed, etc.

The trick was to figure out how to build them so that the weight of the stones wouldn't collapse the chambers built inside. That took some pretty tricky ingenuity, but then, they *did* have quite a bit of *practice*...

[Edited on 11-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 01:14 PM
link   
JamesG:

The "flood myth" isn't univeral.

Remember? Several of us gave you a nice long list of civilizations that didn't have any such myths.

Ditto the flying machines. Not universal.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 01:39 PM
link   
FreeMason: I always loved Egyptian mythology and ancient Egypt and read everything I could find on it. I was just floored to find real artifacts for sale on Ebay until the Professor explained it to me:

These things really aren't rare. They find them by the thousands and once they've been dug up, the museum in Cairo examines them and takes what they want (the very finest ones). The rest belong to the archaeologist who dug them up -- they may be given to a university, passed along to friends and family... or sold.

Bast (the "Eye of Ra"; bringer of justice (sort of the Archangel Michael with fuzzy paws)) is my favorite and so I snapped up a number of amulets.

...and a ushabti.

Poor little thing -- sent to be a golem-slave in the afterlife. I take Ushabti to work occasionally so he can watch someone ELSE work.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Bast (the "Eye of Ra"; bringer of justice (sort of the Archangel Michael with fuzzy paws)) is my favorite and so I snapped up a number of amulets.

Bast was always my favorite of the Egyptian gods...The one who is destined to be the *only* one capable of killing Apepi when he attacks Ra's boat during its journey through the underworld, therby saving the other gods & restoring order from chaos...

...That & the way her worshippers partied...

Originally posted by Byrd
Poor little thing -- sent to be a golem-slave in the afterlife. I take Ushabti to work occasionally so he can watch someone ELSE work.

Ever thought of running for President? Maybe you could find a job at OSHA?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ancient technology didn't have to be greater than our technology, coz most humans back then were more intelligent, or "enlightened" compared to us. They had no need for such primitve, mamallian things. They used their consciousness. Notice how ancient civiliztions were able to contruct, say pyramids, with such dynamic physics so advanced, even today in our modern civilization, the smartest genius/scientist in the world can't even construct a MODEL as perfect as the pyramid...nor can we read the stars like they did, or figure even how to. We only know what we learned from them...

well, so I've heard...anyone wanna clear that up for me?

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by Semuri]

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah...even today the average farmer is still smarter than the city goers....especially the inner-city dwellers. I don't care how many grannies those Gangstas on 4th can shoot, they wouldn't cut it in a real war....(war, the ultimate test of humanity)

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join