It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Bob Lazar be mentioned in spy death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not sure why something like this would be in the news. Bob Lazar connection.

Just seemed a bit strange to me not sure why. Any UFO/alien/kgb/murder ideas? Mr. Lazar seems to have tweeked a nose or two. Anyone have info that may help?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reading the article in the link you provided, it seems they were looking for possible sources for the polonium-210. Bob Lazars company was a source that they found (in the U.S.).

There may be more to it than that, but that is what I got out of the article. But it does seem leading, as at the bottom of the article it states "Lazar could'nt be reached for comment Monday"

[edit on 11/30/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything ufological or conspiratoral about bob lazar being mentioned in the article.

I just think there probably aren't many websites or places that actually sell polonium.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It is the first company that comes up in google selling polonium-210 when you put in combinations of the term "polonium-210", "radioactive", and "nuclear". Could have just been the researcher for the article using google. There is a statement on the united nuclear site though regarding polonium-210 now.

www.unitednuclear.com...

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Poor Bob.... my sense is Bob's website was where the reporter was able to find an "Add to Cart" button associated with the material that killed this guy.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's interesting that a man that the government thinks is a total quack, gets to have signs on his remote company warehouse located right next to sandia labs and probably a whole other bunch of govt. run labs, that state federal research facility. On his companies website. picture under 'about us' page.

Could he have been a willing disinformant or so brilliant that they need him around even afterthey discredited him. Curious twist to the Lazar story.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is illegal to sell and ship radioactives from the States. The source of the polonium210 was very very unlikely to be Bob Lazars company or any US company. If the reporter used google as their source and a line: "Lazar couldn't be reached for comment Monday. " then they need to head back to journalism school.

Anyway why slap the stain on Lazar and his company if they are NOT a likely source of the polonium210?

I just don't buy very amatuer journalism as a valid reason but wouldn't count it out.

Tastes wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Go back and read the article again - the Bob Lazar focus to me seemed to be on the fact that at Bob's site, you could simply acquire it by pushing the "add to cart" button.

I didn't get the impression that the article pointed to Bob's company/site as the source of the material at all.

:shk:

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I read this article yesterday, and my first thought was that Bob Lazar's company is being focused on for two reasons:

1) Is is very simple to order the polonium-210 from the website, and the journalist could verify this by simply visiting the site. This added the 'wow' factor to the story.

2) Bob Lazars history with the UFO culture. After all, he did say (gosh, I guess it was about 10 or 15 years ago now) that he worked on Extra-terrestrial Space Craft at S4 in Nevada. This gave the story an 'ooohhh' factor.

These two things combined just made for a 'juicier' story, but both really have nothing to do with the recent poisoning and death of the Soviet Spy.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 11/30/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I emailed George Knapp and he confirmed to me that Lazar is doing fine and his company has been in the news. I don't know what's going on exactly, but it wouldn't suprise me if they tried to pin Lazar on something to do with his company since it sells nuclear/chemical related materials.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is easy to get a tiny amount of Po-210.

It is very hard to get the large amount of Po-210 used to murder the Russian ex-KGB man.

The only way this could realistically be accomplished is to run one of the reactors and make a special run to produce large amounts of it. Not only that, since Po-210 in some significant quantities is well known as part of neutron initiators for nuclear weapons triggers, trying to procure that amount would be extremely suspicious and lead to serious investigation by People With Dark Sunglasses and Not Much Sense of Humor.

I think the message is pretty clear: not only was this man murdered, but it is obvious that only the Russian government could have done it. The m.o. is not much different from leaving the 'white glove' or whatever the Pink Panther did.

Any other criminal syndicate would never remotely take the risk or have the ability.

I think that was the explicitly intended message behind his murder, the message being sent to others who may decide to be a "problem" to the Russian regime: you will be killed slowly and painfully.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lazar's company have responded to criticism. If you look at their website now, they've put up quite an interesting piece about poisoning people with polonium:

The exempt quantity amount of Polonium-210, or any of the radioactive isotopes sold is so small that they are essentially invisible to the human eye.
In the case of needle sources, the radioactive material is electroplated on the inside of the eye of a needle.

You would need about 15,000 of our Polonium-210 needle sources
at a total cost of about $1 million - to have a toxic amount.

That article was just terrible, and seemingly a dig at Lazar. One has to wonder why. It's a pity Lazar "couldn't be reached for comment" because I think he'd have seen off the reporter, no worries.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seems almost to contradict the discreditation they made about him. Supposedly he never went to university to become a nuclear physicist, but here he is running a nuclear materials company?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
According to the PTB it all appears legal-

www.defensetech.org...

The type of Polonium-210 sold emits alpha radiation, which can't
penetrate the skin, but is deadly if swallowed, depending on the
amount ingested. The Polonium available on United Nuclear's site
can be purchased without a license because the level of
radioactivity, 0.1 microcurie, does not pose a danger, a
spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said.

"At that level, it's exempt from licenses," NRC spokesman David
McIntyre said. "At any exempt quantity, it's not considered a
health hazard."

Yeah only dangerous if you slap one of these $69 triggers to an A-bomb.
No UFOs here. Just terrorist enablers.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheepnis
Yeah only dangerous if you slap one of these $69 triggers to an A-bomb.
No UFOs here. Just terrorist enablers.

Do you have any links that state how much polonium is needed to be an effective trigger? I did some researching and couldn't find anything. I would think it would have to be in greater supplies than what Lazar's company sells though.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You need to use it with barium or something (I forget what they usually use). The alpha particles hit the other material and that in turn releases neutrons which can be used to start a nuclear reaction in very pure U235. But in this purpose you might as well use the stuff in a smoke detector, because it is also alpha emitting and would probably work just as well. The real problem is getting the pure U235. It needs to be refined, and that is a very difficult process.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I don't think there's anything ufological or conspiratoral about bob lazar being mentioned in the article.

I just think there probably aren't many websites or places that actually sell polonium.

Spiderj

Exactly. Poor Bob, caught up in the wrong place, wrong time.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasualOne
It is illegal to sell and ship radioactives from the States.

Apparently thats incorrect:

www.unitednuclear.com...

If this were illegal and given the media attention I can't see why or how United Nuclear would be allowed to continue selling this product.

brill

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Brill,

Right on the United Nuclear site it states:
"- SORRY, NO INTERNATIONAL SALES OF RADIOACTIVE ISOTOPES -
We can only ship isotopes to addresses within the United States."

It is legal to sell from within the States but illegal to sell directly outside the States. Still, no journalistic reason to even bring United Nuclear/Bob Lazar into the story.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasualOne Still, no journalistic reason to even bring United Nuclear/Bob Lazar into the story.

Other than to "sell" the story to the American Public. It's a shame that the media has to create speculation like that though. It's one thing to do true investigative journalism, another thing altogether to make a false connection like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join