It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politically-Connected Pedo Remains Free - Unbelievable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

www.ocweekly.com...

The Orange County District Attorney’s Office claims that sex-crime prosecutions are a top priority. So why is one accused serial child molester still free and awaiting trial after nearly four years?

One answer might be connections. Jeffrey Ray Nielsen is not merely a former intern in the DA’s office. He’s a prominent Republican activist in a county controlled by the Republican Party, a man with close ties to the former and current heads of that party; Huntington Beach Congressman Dana Rohrabacher; and Michael Schroeder, adviser to the county’s top law enforcement officials, DA Tony Rackauckas and Sheriff Mike Carona.

Both Rohrabacher and Schroeder want this known: there is no direct evidence that anyone has interfered with the case. But chronic delays in the case have raised courthouse suspicions. The trial, which already has been delayed a whopping 42 months, was most recently set for mid-December. But at a Nov. 17 hearing—conducted mostly in whispers at the judge’s bench—both Nielsen defense lawyers and the prosecution were granted yet another delay. The tentative trial date is now Jan. 22.

This man is free and walking around. He's chatting up teenage boys on MySpace. He smiles for the camera and proclaims his innocence despite his own past admissions. The system is perfectly content to let him run around free because of his connections.

The system has failed the citizens who support it - yet again.

I'm so disgusted and ashamed.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This just goes a long way in reinforcing my long-held view that politics is full of liars, cheats, sociopaths, psychopaths and sexual deviants. In short, the people who would make a career out of telling the rest of us how to live, are precisely the people who should never hold any power.
This story is par for the course though. The priority in any cases of scandal is to protect the party name at all costs, not to see the guilty member punished. There is also the possibility in such cases that this may go a lot deeper than the accused.
Time to do away with the current corrupt system of career politicians perhaps?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Our political system is absolutely lousey with peophiles. I believe that they are intentionally sought out to serve as they can be easily controlled through blackmail. Here are just a few stories.

www.thelawparty.com...

educate-yourself.org...

prisonplanet.com...

s6.invisionfree.com...

www.spiritone.com...

www.mail-archive.com...@listserv.aol.com/msg107115.html

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Resistor, I believe that's an accurate statement.

Men with horrible secrets make great pawns, because they're bound to you by fear as well as shame. They're easily controlled and slow to incriminate their co-conspirators because of an understandable reluctance to incriminate themselves.

I think it's time for a serious look at our career politicians, to weed out the bad apples. (90% of them, I'd guess, should not be in power)

We're being shortchanged here, and it's not just an issue of morality - it's an issue of national security.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
*Bump

I'm still trying to get some confirmation on this story, but the only articles I've come across so far are blogs talking about the original news article.

Still looking...

If anyone has any more information on this case, please post it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join