It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news shows bias...sigh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A Leaked Fox news memo blatantly shows the news organizations bias agains the Democrats.

The memo, said to have been written by Fox's Senior Vice President John Moody, advises the staffers to "be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents, who must be thrilled at the prospect of a Dem-controlled congress."

Olbermann calls the memo a "smoking gun" which shows that the network is biased against Democrats, rather than "fair and balanced," as advertised.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pretty embarassing events for "Faux News"...

Not really much of a surprise to me though. I've always felt that every major news source is biased in one form or another. Seems like it's really about ratings and agendas rather then journalistic integrity, too bad.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well, considering the guests they have make up crazies like ann coulter and michelle malkin, this is hardly a surprise

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know we can count on Keith Olbermann to give an unbiased assessment of Fox News.

But, how does this alleged memo prove anti-Democratic bias? Wouldn't a rally by terrorists celebrating the Dem's victory be a news story? Why not alert staff to be on the lookout for it?

Speaking of bias, CNN has just been dropped by Stoney Creek Hospitality Corporation because of CNN's decision to show snipers targeting US troops.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But, how does this alleged memo prove anti-Democratic bias?

It's biased to decide to show only what you want your viewers to know in the news and skip the rest. Obviously targetting news stories that show Democrats in a bad light, shows an anti-Democratic bias. But hey, that's because almost everyone who watches Fox news is a flaming republican.

Fox news is highly and overtly biased, end of story. Just because other news outlets are biased too doesn't make it any better.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yeah, it's really biased to have reporters looking out for news.

When they find them, say, paying an insurgent to say such things, that will be a "smoking gun."

Olbermann is nincompoop.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Speaking of bias, CNN has just been dropped by Stoney Creek Hospitality Corporation because of CNN's decision to show snipers targeting US troops.

I have seen such videos before of what is purportedly a single sniper targeting US troops before and I almost never watch CNN and I actually haven't had any cable news channels for several months now.

I cannot say that I agree with this move, because snipers targeting US troops is news and I don't think its a secret that there is a war in Iraq or just exactly what enemy troops do to one another in combat.

www.wausaudailyherald.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You guys do know that Terrorists ARE celebrating over a Dem Victory, Right?

In case everyone forgot...

Dems controling the Gov equals hurried pull of troops in Middle East.

Soo IDK about you but If I were Aljeer I would be happy to see invaders leaving.

And let us not forget those goddamn Iranians...Them and their nukes...Oh I mean powerplants!
Cuz It's not like swimming in oil or something right?(Laughter)Cuz why would they need NUKE plants when they have oil?(More Laughter) Ah Hypotheticalness, Soo Entertaining...

Personally, I can't wait for Iran to lead a coalition with Russia and all other Anti-Semetic countries and attack Israel...

And when they call out for help, We won't respond. They'll make it out. But they will never give us any of the MASSIVE oil reserves they harbor...

All becasue of the considerate dems, who, allowing moral, political, and spiritual corruption to run rampant. And they will eventually destroy the country the supposedly are protecting...

Guess where I read it?
Bible.
Ezekiel 37-39
Gog and Magog.
Notice in the study of those chapters
In the book Epicenter,
Rosenberg notes that the US won't help
Guess why?
Dems!!!

(I totally bet no one saw that coming...)

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ho hum not this topic again by the same gang... um like isn't at least 75% of the media in the US left of center?

So are you shaking in your boots that Fox is saying something that the other three out of four are not saying?

Are you threatened about an alternative point of view that you do not agree with?

Well ya got choices her ya know?..

how about this one: don't watch it?
err how about this one: git used to it?
or um how about the idea of freedom of speech: learn to embrace it?

cause otherwize we is gonna be in a totalitarian state if every news outlet starts sayin' the same thangs..

I gotta talk lik' dis cause us right wingas is a crude bunch o' hicks livin in da sticks so to agree wit the bias of the lefty urbanite sophisticat.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Yeah, it's really biased to have reporters looking out for news.

When they find them, say, paying an insurgent to say such things, that will be a "smoking gun."

Olbermann is nincompoop.

Telling reporters what to look out for isnt exactly journalism. Its the editors responsibility to put the journalists on the beginning of the story, and then the journalists let the facts go where they may.

Note that the memo says, "be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents, who must be thrilled at the prospect of a Dem-controlled congress."

If the election had gone the other way, do you really think a memo would have been issued saying, "be on the lookout for statements from insurgents who must be thrilled at the prospect of the Republicans holding onto power."? I sure don't.

Im a Journalist, and by my journalistic ethical standards, that memo is a disgusting manipulation of the powers of an editorial staff.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrouppenCommander112
All becasue of the considerate dems, who, allowing moral, political, and spiritual corruption to run rampant. And they will eventually destroy the country the supposedly are protecting...

Guess where I read it?
Bible.
Ezekiel 37-39
Gog and Magog.
In the book Epicenter,
Guess why?
Dems!!!

...Just a quick question here for ya.

What in the hell are you talking about? That whole thing made absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why aren't you guys all over CBS for leaning so far left?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question

My money is on this thread going way longer than the "memogate" thread's 28 replies.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lorentrook
Why aren't you guys all over CBS for leaning so far left?

Why when Fox is called out for its bias, people always try to divert attention to others?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
For the same reason that a poster on the Dan Rather memogate thread made a diversionary post about President Bush being a liar and a murderer. It's the way of the Net

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I guess everyone would have been happier if the "Left" news would have posted a note that said.

All reporters go make up some statements about the terrorists celebrating a Republican victory.

I mean after Rather and Company, that is not out of the realm of possibility.

Semper

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
For the same reason that a poster on the Dan Rather memogate thread made a diversionary post about President Bush being a liar and a murderer. It's the way of the Net

Lol, fair enough. I guess some things will never change...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The thing is that the terrorists would have had something to say if the republicans had won but I doubt it would have gotten any news air time from FOX. For Fox to send out a memo dictating what should get a lot of airplay is like dictating the news, their picking and choosing what you hear and see, framing your point of view.

IMO all of the major corporate owned news media does this, FOX is one of the worst for doing this. You've got to hear both sides to make an intelligent decision about something, FOX presents one side and that's it. And the other major news outlets are not doing much better on this.

One of the things a good journalist is supposed to do is present both sides of the story without bias either way, I really don't think any of todays top journalist does this.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine

Originally posted by GrouppenCommander112

Guess where I read it?
Bible.
Ezekiel 37-39
Gog and Magog.
In the book Epicenter,
Guess why?
Dems!!!

...Just a quick question here for ya.

What in the hell are you talking about? That whole thing made absolutely no sense at all.

It made perfect sense.

The Dems are promoting the downfall of this country. We know this happens because of the prophecies of the Bible. Some of which are included in Ezekiel 38-39, referencing the the war of Gog and Magog - a war that will probably take place sometime soon. I will presume Epicenter is a book by Rosenberg. I haven't read it, but I understood the point that was being made.

The down hill road we are on has been foretold. Pick up a Bible and read it for yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Girl
The Dems are promoting the downfall of this country.

And the neocons in power for the time being are promoting war (for peace, :@@
which seems to be what you are afraid might happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join