It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Socom: Combined Assualt (Socom4)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So yeah, I bought it the day it came out (I do that a lot) and played some last night (PS2, 50 inch widescreen, progressive scan, surround-sound). I've played all the titles and I knew it would be good, but it's actually very improved. The graphics are great and the game loads quite fast. There is also a 4 player online coop that was added.

Same great game, huge maps, 32 player online, various weapons that you can mod before you start the mission with scopes, silencers, bipods, whatever.

New stuff included a single shot grenade launcher (as an item) and a few more weapons mods. Specter can also choose an ammo refill pack or a medkit. They also added another anti-armor rocket launcher and body armor that can be chosen. All-in-all...tons of options on the loadout.

Then you get into gameplay. Giving orders is easier and you can now give orders to each member separately if you wish. You can command any one of them to "Overwatch" instead of just Jester and you can also now give an order for "Takedown" (hello? finally using your 4th member the sniper) to any or all members.

I'm sure I will really enjoy this one as I play on.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot to mention. The single player camaign is not totally linear either. I completed the first mission and now have the next 4 missions open that I can complete in whatever order I want.

You also get a better mission breakdown at the end too. You get team stats AND individual stats on yourself and all team members.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I got it yesterday, played a couple of hours probably log a couple of more when I get home.

One thing that I notice was that there is no more blood. Which I think takes away a lot from the game. I would like to know where I got shot or where my bullets are hitting someone.

I tried the co-op thought it was pretty cool at first, but with the open mic it just seemed that everybody was talking over one another. I also think that co-op is a little bit buggy. With in 5 minutes of playing the second map I got stuck in a glitch that send me through a mountain and under the map. All I was trying to do was hop on a rock.

It also seems that the off-line mission are a lot harder, which is a good thing.

new topics

join