It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you lose points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been adressed. I looked around and could not find the answer. If this has been adressed someplace else, as I am sure it has, please redirect me and close this thread. Thank you.

Can you lose ATS, BTS, PTS points? If so, how does this happen?

I am new here and just curious. Thank you ahead of time for your answers.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If you buy something in the store or get a warning, you'll lose points.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There are minor warnings as well. One-liners (one-line off-topic posts) for instance costs 20 points. But you'll always get a u2u when/if you get them.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines

Many of us have been in your position, so you should not hesitate to ask any questions. I have 9 or 10 of these threads myself I'm sure, where someone had stepped in and answered my question.

If you would like, I'm more than willing to lend a hand. Any time you have a question pertaining to something that is AboveTopSecret, contact me through u2u and I will answer the question for you. If you stump me, I'll contact someone who does hold the answer.

Sometimes we ignore the question rather than having to create a whole thread on it, so this way no question should ever go unanswered.

I look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You also lose points for starting really bad topics like "Aliens eat 200,000 U.S. missing children per year".

^Example of a one-liner.

And no, you don't really lose points for that.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thank you all for your answers and helpful advice. I asked this question because I saw a significant number of people with some -1000+ points in some boards (usually the BTS board).

Haha, alot of warnings.

And thank you for the offer chissler. If I have any more questions I will submit them to you rather than take up forum space with 'the same ol' stuff'

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You should not feel your taking up space at all with these questions, I for one appreciate members who are here to learn. Knowledge is power. To take in knowledge we have to ask questions. Threads that pertain to these questions are important, but sometimes we may refrain from asking them.

This is space well used, I'm sure others would agree.

So again, if you have any questions at all, you know where to find me.

Our staff are always willing to answer any question aswell, so never hesitate to contact one either.

I find a sense of belonging comes quick after registering with AboveTopSecret.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Spines,

great question, never even thought of that, great answer as well!

Welcome to ATS, good posts so far, making us think...Das Good

Need anything that I can help with, let me know, Mondogiwa

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
that reminds me of something.Some members say that if you're an inactive member for a long time you lose ALL your points.Is this true?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
watch out of leaches.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ok just wondered how do I put an AVATAR on?
I tried uploading but does not work.
Do we still have to spend points to use them?
Also once we have one do we need more points to replace it with a new picture if i decide to swap round now an then?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You don;t need points for an avatar. Likely the image you are using it too big. The maximum avatar size is 160x320px.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
that reminds me of something.Some members say that if you're an inactive member for a long time you lose ALL your points.Is this true?

Not that I'm aware of. I quite occasionally dissapear for several months at a time. When I return, my points are usually where they left off. Sometimes a little higher because of member responses to old threads of mine.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Also be very wary of Intrepid, he'll try and get you to exchange your points for something he calls super canadian points...which is a total scam...cuz I found out they weren't super canadian points at all, in fact theres no such thing.

Also, you can run into negative points. I have less bts and pts points than my ATS points, so when purchasing something if you use "combined points" you could go into a negative number on one of your point counters.

Do not be alarmed if this happens, more postings will rectify the situation.

Any mods wanna correct me if Im wrong on this?

Spiderj

PS just kidding Intrepid, I love my super canadian points...please don't hurt me

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Members who have 0 points, but have plenty of posts, may of attained those posts before AboveTopSecret had a point system. I've read archived threads, and this is the only thing that I can fathom that may of led to this.

I'm not 100% really.

Skeptic or Simon would probably be able to clear this issue up once and for all.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by spines

Many of us have been in your position, so you should not hesitate to ask any questions. I have 9 or 10 of these threads myself I'm sure, where someone had stepped in and answered my question.

If you would like, I'm more than willing to lend a hand. Any time you have a question pertaining to something that is AboveTopSecret, contact me through u2u and I will answer the question for you. If you stump me, I'll contact someone who does hold the answer.

Sometimes we ignore the question rather than having to create a whole thread on it, so this way no question should ever go unanswered.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chissler and members like him are here to assist when they can. And he and many members here are serious about growing people into this forum. Thank you people who helped the new ones like me!

top topics

join