It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Have You Chosen Your Avatar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So, after seeing the sheer plethora of differenent avatars used
by the membership of ATS, I've got to wonder sometimes, why
exactly did the member choose the avatar they use.

So, post why you are using your avatar, and/or what it represnts
or means.

My current avatar is a Squid, not a Jellyfish just to clear that up first.

I chose it because at the time I was watching a documentary about
deep sea life, and they showed a breid glimpse of it, so I looked it
up, and found the picture.

I chose it because it speaks to me, it shows how truly diverse, exotic
and truly beautiful are planet is.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I was thinking it was photoshopped.

Yeah, Mine was one I made for halloween...but then I realised that I liked it too much to get rid of it!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My avatar doesnt have any deep meaning, its just the name of a musical and visual event that I did some art work for, and that was one of the test ones, and I really liked it so I changed it a bit so it would fit the avatar spot, plus I made it alot more colorful, the origanal one was only green, plus I like what it says, its just cool looking.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I chose my avatar cause it represents many things, and has tons of symbolism. I am currently working on an animated version, which will be better than this one, though.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I chose mine because I think it's hillarious. It also has a hint of truth to it as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I chose this image because she was the first person that came to mind when I thought about denying ignorance.....wouldn't you agree?

Thanks again to Chissler for making it for me......

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I chose this as most people I know comment on how similar to a volcano it looks, and have been wanting to get someone to suggest that it is. It's actually a hill in the Peak District called Win hill which was a curved ridge on top which makes it look like a volcano (A very stereotypical one at that).

[edit on 3-11-2006 by apex]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I chose mine because of its beautiful blue color.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
because jessica alba is hot

also have Christiana milian and jlo (under the second alba pic) as the reply gets longer

<

[edit on 3-11-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well this one is simple because i like halo. I will soon change mine though.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here's my simple an plain old answer for ya.

I have been around trains for almost all of my life. You'd expect that because I literally grew up with them running through my front yard. From the final day sof the Chessie System to CSX nowadays.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Because I think Einstein was a brilliant man and had a brilliant mind that needs to be appreciated.

Also, chissler made it, and his avatars rock!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Because Ft. Campbell, KY was my home for a couple of years, well that and Clarksville, TN. (That makes sense if you do the research.)
101st Airborne, Screaming Eagles - none better.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I chose mine because I love the stupidity of Homer Simpson. I've had this pic along time and it's my pc background and I had it as my tag when I used to play counter strike.
It is originally a proper looking x-ray but I think it looks better with the colours inverted.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was tired of feeling naked and went to chisslers thread to have a look see,the cheeky grin on this car gave me a cheecky grin and thought that`ll do me!

Next day out shopping with the Mr`s i noticed the car on a dvd cover,i had no idea it was from a kids movie,that`ll serve me right for getting cheeky i guess, but i still like it.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I dunno about mine. I love the underground - infact, I just got out with sopping wet feet 'bout an hour ago. I didn't take that picture, but I think it's crazy.

I made it a .gif for a reason I'm not sure about. I like it a lot. I've got heaps of these avatar things laying around my comp. I just can't stop making them.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have lived by the old C&O Kanawha Subdivision mainline ever since I was a baby. So it was every day that I would see an old Chessie/C&O, Chessie/B&O, Western Maryland, or Seaboard units going through here pulling something. Also, there is nothing like seeing three C&O GP39s lugging a slow moving coal train through town.

Long live the Cat!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Because i'm pooped. I'm hanging around with my nightclothes drinking coffee
and i'm going to do it all day,, because i can.

I'll get dressed tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well look at 'em.

He's probably had his ass kicked, ...bad. We'll say he's been called every name in the book, and he's still smiling.

I like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I chose mine because I thought it was pretty. They had very pretty and elegant things back in that time era. Thank you chiss for making it for me.

Funny thing though...I don't choose elegant decor for my home...I like a more rustic/cabin feel in the house, it suits my surroundings

top topics

<<   2 >>

join