It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible hints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have just been flipping the channels and the movie End of days (Arnold Schwarznegger) was on, the movie had already started and the scene I watched was when he is in his bed reading the Bible where he reads aloud "and Satan will be free from his cage", I am tired so I am not sure if my word choice is totally accurate, something similar to that, feel-free to correct, anyway to my point after reading that he says "twenty,seven", I think that it was the number of the verse/chapter 20:7, i think it would probably have been in "Revelations", so what do you think warning for 2007? or ill-founded paranoia?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
First of all, love the tagline. "Dumb and Dumber" was a fantastically funny movie.

Anyway:
Revelation 20:7 (KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

For one to say that Rev. 20:7 is to be fulfilled in 2007 means that Rev. 20:2 was fulfilled in 2002?

Revelation 20:2 (KJV) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

I think it's human nature to look for secret hints of forecoming events. Jesus didn't dissuade people for looking for them, but gave a way to do it. This way did not not involve looking at particular chapter/verse breaks. I know I've been guilty myself of looking at some of the Psalms for a 'preview' of the forthcoming year but I've never been satisfied with the results.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
no offense, but it is just ill-founded paranoia. the world was also supposed to end about five months ago on 6/6/06 but were still here. Y2K has come and gone and I am sure there have been many other crackpot theories about the end of the world. I guess if you make a bible prediction every year, you will eventually get the right year.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
no offense, but it is just ill-founded paranoia. the world was also supposed to end about five months ago on 6/6/06 but were still here. Y2K has come and gone and I am sure there have been many other crackpot theories about the end of the world. I guess if you make a bible prediction every year, you will eventually get the right year.

you forgot to mention ATS's very own supposed time traveler warning us that January 1, 2006 was going to be the beginning of a civil war in america and other baseless claims

top topics

join