It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice this about Half-Life 2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Like how in the beginning it's like world domanation has been had. Your under watch 24/7 guards in black suits and check points and all that jazz? IDK maybe I'm putting to much into it but it's kind of scary if the NWO gets its way thats how we are going to live minus the aliens....maybe

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe you should keep playing the game to see everything thats going on. The fact that you, and the citizens of City 17 being under surveillance is a critical plot point.

I assure you that Valve is not suggesting anything about the NWO, its all part of a larger story that began with HL1 and OpFor and Blue Shift.

Heres a page for the story of the Half Life universe:
members.shaw.ca...

I think you're putting too much into it, keep playing and find out what happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
Maybe you should keep playing the game to see everything thats going on. The fact that you, and the citizens of City 17 being under surveillance is a critical plot point.

I assure you that Valve is not suggesting anything about the NWO, its all part of a larger story that began with HL1 and OpFor and Blue Shift.

Heres a page for the story of the Half Life universe:
members.shaw.ca...

I think you're putting too much into it, keep playing and find out what happens.

i think you pretty much said it all... HL is one of the best singleplayer storylines ever... that was pretty much the first game i got into years ago... i got it about 3 days after it came out, and still have the original box, etc... then playing it again on the steam engine rocked... i also got OP4 and BS when those came out... BS added the hi-res models to the game which made it look a whole lot better, but i thought the BS plot was a little thin; still rocked though... ahh HL... those were the dayz... currently i am waiting for HL2 Episode 2 to come out... Episode 1 rocked, i thought it was a great addition to the storyline... but as for Lost Coast, lol, i dunno about that... a waste of 10 minutes in total gameplay but it was fun to explore the map...

everythingyouknowisalie, if you want another b1tch1n' singleplayer game, then check out F.E.A.R. -- that game will scare you, literally... i think F.E.A.R. can easily rival HL2... they both rock; frag on!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I believe the story in Half-life has a deeper meaning. City 17 really represent how the NWO could turn out to be. (look at the controll). And who is in each role and power etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Theres a new PC game coming out about the Nazis.

This looks intresting, the plot is that the Nazis won the war and conquered America. You join a rebellion with other Americans and fight those bastards out.. I guess..

The preview was of a Washington, which was a police state with armed millitary everywhere, huge nazi banners draped on the White house and everything.

Could be a look into the future?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
I believe the story in Half-life has a deeper meaning. City 17 really represent how the NWO could turn out to be. (look at the controll). And who is in each role and power etc.

No, because you're forgetting about HL1, the first part of the story arc.

Dont get me wrong, the Half Life series definetly has a little bit of a conspiracy angle. Remember in the first game when you're in that room with the scientists and then all of a sudden the marines bust in, and you're totally shocked when they blow all the scientists away? A coverup was one of the key plot points of the series, but no, the NWO isnt.

Email Gabe Newell if you don't believe me. HL2 has nothing to do with NWO, its about a human resistance and the relationships that key freedom fighters develop amongst themselves. Its also about aliens. And fun.

L3X

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Great White Cheney
Theres a new PC game coming out about the Nazis.

This looks intresting, the plot is that the Nazis won the war and conquered America. You join a rebellion with other Americans and fight those bastards out.. I guess..

The preview was of a Washington, which was a police state with armed millitary everywhere, huge nazi banners draped on the White house and everything.

Could be a look into the future?

what is his name ?
However Freedom Fighters has a situation pretty similar but we have soviets instead nazis

[edit on 5-11-2006 by L3X]

top topics

join