It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Anyone else like this series? It's number four overall.

Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

I really like the storyline and how Sam goes undercover and has objectives for the NSA and for the terrorist group he infiltrates (to keep his cover). There is also a great escape from prison that Sam has to make (a la Prision Break).

I've also heard there are some great terrorist HQ missions. I've done one of them I guess, but there will be more that take place in full daylight.

Overall, a very excellent and fun game.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I bet it is, I love the Splinter Cell series, does a good job creating an urgency while you play, especially when alarm bells start ringing and guys are coming after you. I still play Chaos Theory all the time, I'm trying to beat the game without being detected or killing anyone, its a great challenge if you like that sort of thing. Ill definately check Double Agent out though, it looks intense.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I can't wait to try this game on the Wii. The graphics don't look too hurting.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So far I've been through 5 missions and never set off an alarm and only killed one guard by mistake (pulled him into a pool).

In the last mission I did on a cruise ship, I sabotaged the terrorist plans to blow it up and kill 2000+ people so they were pissed and it got Sam a serious beat-down and almost blew my cover. In the next mission there are a bunch of mercs they want dead.

After Sam (me) got the beat-down in the cutscene (great ones btw) I was like "ok, everyone dies."

It's a tough moral dilemma game.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So Zed, how would you compare this to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? Similarities in gameplay? Differences in gameplay? I absolutely loved Chaos Theory, and I'm hoping that this game keeps some of the good elements of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
So Zed, how would you compare this to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? Similarities in gameplay? Differences in gameplay? I absolutely loved Chaos Theory, and I'm hoping that this game keeps some of the good elements of it.

The gameplay is about the same. You have subdue/kill options. All the same snaeking and gadgets (plus a few new ones). It's the missions that are better. You have to maintain the trust of the NSA or the terrorist while undercover. You can play more dark or light...it depends.

It's certainly my fav of the series.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What platforms is this game out on?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What platforms is this game out on?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Anyone else like this series? It's number four overall.

Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Zed can you buy any of these independently or do you need to buy splinter cell first and the rest are expansions?

Either way you`ve got my interest in getting the lot.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay.

Double Agent is out for PC, Xbox 360, and PS2. All of these can be bought separately and do not require any previous versions.

For myself, console gaming which has decent online ability and doesn't require constant hardware upgrades to simply work (video, sound, etc). I have a widescreen tv and surround sound and ANY game I buy, I know will work unlike the sometimes hit or miss with a PC game. All of this series I have on PS2.

new topics

top topics

join