It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and Palestinians Clash Again, Militants Fire Rockets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Militants in Gaza have fired Katusha rockets into Israel today, just before sunset. Israel has responded in kind with attack helicopters and ground troops. As of now 1 Israeli soldier has been killed and about 10 militants have been killed.

The rockets where apparently fired from a crowded and higly populated city, the Israelis have reported that they are engaging militants on the ground in fierce fire fights.

The clashes erupted in an area Palestinian militants have been using to launch rockets into Israel, an IDF spokesman said, "on almost a daily basis."

This is apparently an unprovoked attack, no civilian deaths have been reported by either side, and no reports of damage to buildings in Israel.

The IDF said that in response to rocket attacks, it placed ground troops in the area and launched three aerial attacks -- two on armed gunmen "who had advanced towards the IDF forces" and a third on a group of militants "who were planting an explosive against IDF forces operating in the area."

Hopefully this calms down and nothing more comes of it.

CNN World News

[edit on 11/1/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Firebombs have worked every time they're tried. When will enough be enough? There are fewer and fewer "innocents" and it should be easy to destroy the people who want to destroy you. You can't let the world guide such a personal fight. Do what you have to do. Ensure that palestine knows you are taking it personally now as they have been for years and give them a message they will never forget. End the violence by being brutally more violent. Peace through victory.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just updating, trying to give you guys more sources with different information to get a broader picture of what is happening over there..

FOX News

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Israeli troops, backed by tanks and helicopter gunships, killed at least six Palestinian militants early Wednesday in one of the military's largest strikes since re-entering the Gaza Strip over the summer.

Here says 6 militants where killed, not 10. Fox reports that indeed one Israeli was killed in combat.

Despite its large-scale action in Beit Hanoun, Israel decided on Wednesday not to expand its four-month-old offensive in Gaza, even though Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert had said earlier in the week that a broader operation was in the works.

While we may not here about it everyday on the news any more, apparently fighting is happening every day over there, though no major combat like what is happening right now.

This is said to be Israels largest military campaign and fiercest fighting since their war with Lebanon and re-entering the Gaza Strip.

If you scroll down on that Link from FOX youll notice all the financial numbers. A financial war has been waged on Hammas and the Palestinians under Hammas since they took power earlier this year.

A tiny state that has had their income fall from 1.2 billion to just 500 million (including foriegn aid, most of which comes from other Arab countries such as Iran, and Saudi Arabia.

They have spent most of the money on their government payroll, which will soon become once again unaffordable. I find that interesting.. few of the funds actually go to supporting an army but instead increasing pay for government officials while they lapse on their social responsibilities. That is what Hammas was so well known for, puting them selves second and the people first, and is a good reason why many Palestinians elected them over Fatah, who acted like Hammas is now.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Firebombs have worked every time they're tried. When will enough be enough? There are fewer and fewer "innocents" and it should be easy to destroy the people who want to destroy you. You can't let the world guide such a personal fight. Do what you have to do. Ensure that palestine knows you are taking it personally now as they have been for years and give them a message they will never forget. End the violence by being brutally more violent. Peace through victory.

The problem is that all Palestians are actually Israelis.. that is Israel owns the land they settle on.. they where conquered in the 6 day war. They cannot be Israeli citizens not because they are Muslim, because there are simply to many Palestinians and not enough Israelis, and Israel being a democracy they would loose control over the government. They are treated as an independant body, Israel wants nothing to do with them and would rather they all migrated away.. but they can't because they have such personal ties to the land, and no one wants them. They are like poor black sheep among the nations around them.

Then there is the problem with appearing to be to superior to fight such people like militants, the industrial world, especially America and Europe do not know what it is like, and do now understand Israel or Palestines situation. Israel could carpet bomb the whole town, they would not care about cassualties.. but sanctions and loss of key allies would surley hurt more then a few misguided rockets.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Another addition, with new information.

It is always good to get information from as many major news stations as possible, so as to not leave anything out, espcially key information.

MSNBC News

The strike came as an inner Cabinet of ministers, including Olmert, decided not to escalate Israel’s offensive against rockets and arms smuggling operations along the so-called Philadelphi corridor, on the Egypt-Gaza border. On Monday, Olmert had told parliament’s powerful Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that the military incursion would be widened.

Apparently this is a planed operation, in which Israel is the aggressor, not Palestine. As far as attacks anyways, Palestinians have been smuggling in weapons and bombs and all that good stuff you need to have a good militant resistance. Israel knows that the more armed the Palestinians are the more likely they are to attack, keep up a good resistance and of course possibly fight each other, as political heat has been mounting in Palestine in the past few months.

Hamas government spokesman Gaza Hamad accused Israel of deliberately keeping Gaza mired in chaos to give itself “a green light in order to continue aggression against our people.” Hamad also urged the international community “to take a serious step to stop this crazy attack from the Israeli side.”

The international community will not do anything to hault this, and technically they can't.. not that Israel listens

peace

“We could see the Saudi initiative as the basis for negotiation. This does not mean that we are adopting the Saudi initiative, but it can serve as a basis,” Peretz told an academic conference at Tel Aviv University on Tuesday night.

Since the war with Lebanon and the capture of the Israeli soldier this summer, the Israelis have decided it was not entirely in their best interest to pull out completely, as they where doing before the kidnapping. We know how peace talks are with these two people, they both want everything for themselves, and more often then not the Palestinians act like children. Hammas still refuses to recognize Israel.. Fatah right after the war with Lebanon and Israel began called for peace, agreed to be a separate state living beside the state of Israel. Soon afterward of course Hammas, leading the government, called for Israels destruction and we are back at square one.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No one has any comments about this.
Not even the typical anti-Israeli rhetoric?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

what do you exect?
Irael attack the palistains and kill 5-7 people (mostly women and children)
the Palitians attack Israel in revenge
Israel use the attack to defend their second strike and kill dozen more palistains

and the sega continue

always wanted to say this
Fox and almost all US media are pro Israel so of course it would be Israel and its right to deffend

also on note if this post counts you got your first anti waht ever you call it reply

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

what do you exect?
Irael attack the palistains and kill 5-7 people (mostly women and children)
the Palitians attack Israel in revenge
Israel use the attack to defend their second strike and kill dozen more palistains

and the sega continue

always wanted to say this
Fox and almost all US media are pro Israel so of course it would be Israel and its right to deffend

also on note if this post counts you got your first anti waht ever you call it reply

And surly you would like to post a link to the news source where it tells you women and children where killed?? .... Because all current news sources as of now anyways are reporting that 6 MILITANTS - men with guns, where killed and approx 30 others injured. No report if women and children where among the wounded, one would have to speculate that a few did get wounded because of where the battle took place, among civilians.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
News flash Israel and arabs are pissed off at each other. Like this hasn't happened before. Why must we fight.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And surly you would like to post a link to the news source where it tells you women and children where killed??
Because it's evident! 75% of the population in Palestine consist of children and maybe 15% of the last 25% are womans!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

And surly you would like to post a link to the news source where it tells you women and children where killed??
Because it's evident! 75% of the population in Palestine consist of children and maybe 15% of the last 25% are womans!

And please tell me what this has to do with actual facts?

A car bomb blows up in New York on the upper east side! .. but the American population is 10% black and 50% women.. so a black women died in the attack even though no body was found!

Yep. Makes sense to me.

Please, if you make ridiculous statements like that at least have to go along with the post? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Ummm.... that's not a link to back up that claim. Perhaps you should shout in all caps to make it more effective.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

And surly you would like to post a link to the news source where it tells you women and children where killed?? ...

of course

bbc news
Since the capture of Cpl Gilad Shalit, more than 300 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli army operations in Gaza and the West Bank, according to Israeli human rights group B'Tselem.

wounder how many of those 300 were terrorists
also this figure is from israelis

cbc
Seven Palestinians were killed on Monday by Israeli troops in the northern Gaza Strip on the first day of the three-day Muslim Eid al-Fitr holiday, according to Palestinian hospital officials.

The incident left at least 14 others wounded, the officials said. The dead and wounded were taken to a hospital in the town of Beit Lahiya in the Gaza Strip.

google search 1

google search 2

may i suggest you use google

also almost all cuvilain deaths that are caused by irsael arent in firefights but air raids and artilery strikes

[edit on 2-11-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

And surly you would like to post a link to the news source where it tells you women and children where killed?? ...

of course

bbc news
Since the capture of Cpl Gilad Shalit, more than 300 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli army operations in Gaza and the West Bank, according to Israeli human rights group B'Tselem.

wounder how many of those 300 were terrorists
also this figure is from israelis

cbc
Seven Palestinians were killed on Monday by Israeli troops in the northern Gaza Strip on the first day of the three-day Muslim Eid al-Fitr holiday, according to Palestinian hospital officials.

The incident left at least 14 others wounded, the officials said. The dead and wounded were taken to a hospital in the town of Beit Lahiya in the Gaza Strip.

google search 1

google search 2

may i suggest you use google

also almost all cuvilain deaths that are caused by irsael arent in firefights but air raids and artilery strikes

[edit on 2-11-2006 by bodrul]

OK.. well I am going to ask as nicely as possible.. but whats that got to do with my post? .. I know Israel killed civilians in their air strikes, artillery, firefights and all that... but again... what does that got to do with my post and the specific firefight that occurred? .... nothing?..... ok.. did you post it just to be like "ooo those evil joooooos" ... thought so.

Show me an exact news clips that says that a women, or a child was killed this week due to the resent attacks... then I will go along with what ever your point was. Palestinians and Ham mas have also killed Israeli civilians... but that is not relevant to the discussion is it? Neither is your claim.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Show me an exact news clips that says that a women, or a child was killed this week due to the resent attacks...

Here ya go.

Source

More than 40 people were wounded as Israeli troops, backed by helicopter gunships, carried out the raid.

Palestinian sources said five of the Palestinians killed were militants

So 5 out of 9 (or 10) were militants. That is only about half. It doesn't specifically state that they were women or children, but they not militants.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Thank you very much Pstiffy. Still does not specify whether or not they where women or children. ... Is it ok if they where unarmed civilian men though .. it is always about women and children.

Anyways, my first source had said 10 died, then the last two said 6 died.. two of the sources said "militants" one said "Palestinians", then yours says "Palestinians" as well.. I suppose we would never know because not enough information can easily get out of the country.

But.. my intent of the thread before all this "Israel is just murdering civilians" talk got in the way of it, is that the world is completely ignoring the situation over there.. is it because of the election season or is it simply because we have lost intrest in the affairs of the midle east??

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

after i finsish my assignment i will search for the video clips and i will post them for you, hopefully the bbc/channel 4 still have their archive of clips online

also on your last reply
jews in the united states have the largest lobby group which in turn can effect poles and rating, so it most likely does have something to do with the elections

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanks, I like the BBC, so I hope you find the clips.. il be able to watch when I get back from a job here at work.

I figure it has SOMETHING at least, to do with our elections.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The BBC is also reporting the militants in the Gaza mosque seige escaped by using women as human shields. I asume this is how civilian casualties are coming about. Why would they want to endanger women like that! They know the IDFs civilian casualty record isnt to good to say the least so why do it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_III
The BBC is also reporting the militants in the Gaza mosque seige escaped by using women as human shields. I asume this is how civilian casualties are coming about. Why would they want to endanger women like that! They know the IDFs civilian casualty record isnt to good to say the least so why do it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

They are not using them as human shields. The women went there voluntarily to protect the trapped men in the mosque from being gunned down. The IDF opened fire on the unarmed women and killed one lady and another is brain dead.

A 4 year old baby was also killed today by shelling as well. Oh well Rock I guess your week has been made...you were looking for the dead kid and there it is. Feel free to look on Haaretz for all the other dead civilians. Im too disgusted to look any more. These people you constantly defend are murdering people daily. Men, Women, Children and Old people. When you see headlines that 14 people died in Gaza and underneath it says 7 Militants were killed today in Gaza...the other 7 are civilians. They are usually at the very bottom of the article.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join