It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'24:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would use a lot of words to describe 24. But far fetched is certainly not one of them. With everything that has gone on in the world in the last part of a decade, this may be a harsh reality we have on the horizon.

This season more than ever.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I should have been clearer in my post.

I don't think the plot lines are far fetched, just their depictions of how technology works and how some people just act stupid.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ahhh gotcha. Understand completely.

But with shows like 24, Prison Break, etc., I allow myself some naivety for enjoyment purposes.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think the plot lines are far fetched, just their depictions of how technology works and how some people just act stupid.

may you be more clearer???

what's so far fetched about using satellite imaging and acquiring nuclear materials from the black market...

this is exactly what is going on today...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
looks like '24' is starting to become a family affair...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Recording tonight's episode, so it is "Ignore Thread Mode" for a day or two until I catch up on it. The way last week's episode ended, this week's episode should be very entertaining.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Recording tonight's episode, so it is "Ignore Thread Mode" for a day or two until I catch up on it. The way last week's episode ended, this week's episode should be very entertaining.

eh, it was okay...

i can't believe that jack's brother successfully betrayed him and his father so easily though...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Last night's ep was a doozy but there is a small issue that I have to complain about. Last year, Jack's brother was totally controlling the president. He did whatever Gray said. Now the president is not in custody, which will be explained ( I assume) but he is also somewhat in charge of things here. He knows how to get ahold of gredenko and he knows far too much for a man who was nothing more than a puppet for the Bauer plan and he should really be in prison.

I also read somewhere that Mia Kirschner has signed on for 6 episodes which means Mandy the hot hitgirl is back. For those that haven't seen the previous 5 seasons, I think she makes an appearance each year butI could be mistaken.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Last night's ep was a doozy but there is a small issue that I have to complain about. Last year, Jack's brother was totally controlling the president. He did whatever Gray said. Now the president is not in custody, which will be explained ( I assume) but he is also somewhat in charge of things here. He knows how to get ahold of gredenko and he knows far too much for a man who was nothing more than a puppet for the Bauer plan and he should really be in prison.

I don't think Gray was in control so much last season. It was more of a case of Logan making a deal with the Bauer company to cause a war in the middle east so they could justifiably steal the oil, but once it went wrong he was relying on Gray and co to get him out of the mess.

Now that he's not in that mess he's got no reason to be relying on other people. Let's not forget Logan talks a big game until in the middle of a crisis, in which case he crumbles like a bitch!

I can't wait for Jack to just look at him the wrong way and see Logan go from smarmy to crying in the space of a second!

I hope he's not a big character this time around though. As great as the character and the actor that play him are, I invested so much of my energy hating the guy last season, and it was such an exhausting relief when he was finally busted. I just couldn't stand having to go through all that with him again.

I also read somewhere that Mia Kirschner has signed on for 6 episodes which means Mandy the hot hitgirl is back. For those that haven't seen the previous 5 seasons, I think she makes an appearance each year butI could be mistaken.

That's good to hear!

My only concern so far this season is that my favourite character other than Jack, Chloe, has been made sort of normal. They've tried to make her this sexy chick this time around when she was much better as a geeky, socially retarded cutey! At least she's still in it though, if anything happened to her or Jack I'd stop watching immediately.

I also liked how Lennox turned out to be a decent guy as well! Everyone was moaning when this season started that it was too obvious he was a turn-coat/bad guy, but it's turned out to be a nice ruse in the opposite direction for a change! Let's just hope he can save the day somehow, if this president gets taken out as well I just don't think I'll be able to handle the tension anymore.

This season has been top notch as always so far though. Not quite as good as season 5 so far (the best one in my opinion), but that was going to be impossible really. I regard season 5 as the Empire Strikes Back of television drama, it was just absolutely stellar! It was so grim yet so gripping. The problem it created for this season was that all our beloved characters got taken out that season and it's hard to get emotionally attached to any of the new ones this time around, because you know it's likely they're going to die! As said though Jack and Chloe are the untouchables for me, and I stop tuning in the second either is gone.

I'm just so glad 24 is back though, showing the likes of Heroes and Lost how to actually pace an episodic show! The writers deserve so much credit, the plotting for this show is just top notch every time. Not one episode ever feels like a "filler", which can't be said for either of those other shows.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I don't think Gray was in control so much last season.

It sure seemed like gray was pulling all the strings, forcing the president to do what he said.

I liked the Lennox twist but it was a bit obvious. I do hate Chad Lowe as an actor and can't wait to see his character get taken out.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Maybe I am missing something here but when Jack confronted the man who had his brother's wife hostage, he seemed to give up quite easily. Jack had a hand gun while he was packing an automatic weapon, with the woman as a shield.

Jack said jump and the man basically said how high.

Again, maybe I am missing something. Seems like Jack raises his voice sometimes and just gets what he wants.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisslerSeems like Jack raises his voice sometimes and just gets what he wants.

Drop your weapon!

he must say it a thousand times.

actually, Jack told the guy he knew they needed her alive so Jack knew the guy wasn't going to shoot her. Also, if the guy knew anything about jack, he'd know that jack could kill that guy with only three inches of skull showing and he would also not hesitate to shoot an innocent in the leg to get them out of the way (see last season)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
He is Jack man...he can be quite scary.

But he had just killed two guys like nothing and you just knew he would put a nice hole in the guys head if he refused.

But I do kind of agree that the guy seemed to be the weaker of the herd if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We're deep into the season and nobody's saying anything. This thread needs to come back to life. I mean Jack's dad is not a nice guy. The Russians are using the Muslims. They're gonna use our own unmanned flying whosier-whats to deploy the nukes. Jack took the Russian ambassador hostage and chopped off one of his digits. There's some good stuff kickin here!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I love this show, really I do, but I wish the producers would grow some balls and learn to call a spade a spade.

Russians are Russians. Russia is Russia. But when it comes to Arabs they all seem to hail from some generic middle eastern country. What's more, this country seems to have a magical name so that if you even mention it it will cause destruction in your country.

Seriously 'the ambassador', 'your country this', 'his country that'. Just get some stones and say Iran, or Syria. Or if you're really scared that Iran's gonna skip past the UN and the White House and just bomb Fox Headquarters, then make a country up. Just take any vaguely Arab sounding word and add 'istan' to the end and hey presto, you have an Arab country.

Just had to rant and this seemed a good place to do it
It just kills the immersion factor of the show to see the characters dance around a country name.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I finally watched the most recent episode and I think the comment about russia and china aiding the targetted middle eastern nation implies Russia but we would not have had such a cordial relationship with the ambassador as we apparently had in the first part of the season.

part of the problem the producers have is that no matter what they do with regards to the arab terrorists, they always get bad feedback. even when they show muslims in a good light later on in the show, the negative feedback earlier when the muslim intentions are unclear always cause them to issue statements. the russians, the chinese etc have yet to complain and they have been painted in far worse light throughout the history of this show.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's starting to look like the writers have hit the formula mode of script writing.

Repeated story lines:

1. CTU Moley moley moley. Ok, so she wasn't a mole but she was accused. It seems that in every season someone is taken into custody. At least she wasn't tortured. I would not be surprised if she turns out to be bad, in this season or a future one.

2. The Vice President assumes command as a result of a presidential injury. We had Logan taking office after the president's plane was shot down. Now we have the bombing. In the first case, Logan was ill equipped to handle the office so Palmer (I) was brought in to assist him. Now we have a VP who is hell bent on war.

3. The President is unable to handle his duties and needs to be removed.
Palmer (I) went thru this scenario and he was, at one point, detained while the new administration tried to deal with the issue of the day in their manner. This was Secret Service Agent Aaron's first real big role as he was assigned to watch Palmer and he eventually aided him in resuming his duties. Now we have the same scenario with the VP saying Palmer II is not fit to resume his duties.

Of course we have the white house rats and moles this season, like last season and seasons prior. The show is still way more entertaining than most of the other things offered on tv but if they cannot find new and exciting ways to roll out the day, they are going to be in serious trouble, especially when they make the jump to the big screen.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm glad Jack's girlfriend is off the show. I couldn't stand her and she makes watching the Nine tough.

Hahaha, she's back to torment you Crakeur.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was shocked by the bomb threat ending as early in the season as it did but it looks like there is more than simply rescuing Audrey in the Cina situation. If it was simply about rescuing Audrey, Jack would be losing one of his most loyal supporters.

She resembles a straight line. her neck and head are the same width. she looks like one of those plastic man dolls all stretched out to uniform thin-ness

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It's starting to look like the writers have hit the formula mode of script writing.

i have noticed this since about season three...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join