It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Unidentified Construction at Groom Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I thought I would update everyone here on the current news at Dreamland Resort that a new tower has been built at the north end of the base. (By no means am I trying to steal the thunder of any of the researchers on DR).

An image can be seen here.

It is currently not known what this structure is or why it has been built but the timeframe has been narrowed down to it being built between September 2005 and January 2006. It has been speculated that it was built at this time as all the viewpoints such as Tikaboo Peak are too cold and icy to climb and observing the building would be very difficult.

The tower has been compared to the ICECAP tower at Yucca Flat which can be seen here. There is a definate similarity. The ICECAP tower is apparently a drilling rig constructed to bore a 7-foot wide shaft.

My personal opinion is that the tower bears considerable resemblance to RCS antennae array seen in this photo of Lockheeds Helendale facility although as far as I know there are no signs of a new RCS range at Groom Lake.

Anyway I just thought you guys would be interested to know.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The antenna array at Helendale is wide and relatively flat, but the tower structure at Groom is a narrow square-cross-section tower like the NTS drilling rigs.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You are right shadowhawk. I thought that possibly we were looking at its side profile but now looking at its shadow I see that that is not the case.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The January 2006 satellite image of Groom Lake shows the tower's shadow clearly. It is identical to a satellite image of the ICECAP tower taken under similar lighting conditions.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Icecap tower, built for a 1992 below-ground nuclear test, stands on Yucca Flat at the Nevada Test Site while a December storm looms in the distance. The test was never conducted because of a moratorium that continues today.

It does look like the ICECAP. Kinda funny... didn't congress just block attempts to develop underground "bunker buster" nukes?

Perhaps they are going ahead with tests despite congress' ruling?? If that's the case then call it Above Top Secret! Good find gfad

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
at first glance it kind of reminds me a of a few of the launch pads at KSC... probably too small for something like that though, eh?

www.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...:Titan4B_on_Launch_Complex_40.jpg

[edit on 23 10Oct 06 by m3rlz]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well considering where it's been built at, it could be alot of things,
possibly even, though doubtfully, a force field generator.

Good find []bgfad.

new topics

top topics

join