It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Not as Lost as Predicted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Semper...I catch a whiff of desperation in your posting. I have to admire your devotion but man the Republicans in congress are going down and they have no one to blame but themselves, their a arrogance and hubris has become just too obnoxious. Why else is the national party abandoning contests for focus of the few they know they can win. Drudge has no crediblity and i know you are smarter to seriously consider him a reliable source.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Depends on your point of view Grover...

I consider Drudge to be an excellent source of the "Real News" and not the typical Liberal Spin one gets in the Main-Stream News...

Desperate?

We shall see in a week or so...

Semper

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
so are you suggesting that the conservative spin is the only accurate one? Semper you are smarter than that...all spin is dizzying BS.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh I agree,

But I am not the one that accused Drudge of not having any credibility.

Semper

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The HUGE lead Democrats enjoyed for a while does seem to be crumbling fast, but I still think they have a good chance at the House. I'm almost sure the GOP will retain the Senate.

Of course all this is subject to change depending on breaking news.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The HUGE lead Democrats enjoyed for a while does seem to be crumbling fast, but I still think they have a good chance at the House. I'm almost sure the GOP will retain the Senate.

There are 4 key Senate races: Tennessee, Missouri, New Jersey, and Virginia. The Dem's need to win 3 of these to take over.

The Republican base had initially given up in disgust, and were going to teach the incumbents a lesson, but are coming around again because they have contemplated the alternative. It should be interesting.

whaaa... are you saying that the Iraq war has caused the cost of building materials to go up? That's interesting. I would have thought it was due to last year's very active hurricane season.

Which brings up food for another topic - why has this year been so very quiet wrt hurricanes?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would have expected President Bush to cause another Hurricane so that we have another reason to depend on his leadership???

I wonder why he has not done that? Think he is waiting until 2008? I can only imagine how tiring it is to make those hurricanes.

Semper

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

whaaa... are you saying that the Iraq war has caused the cost of building materials to go up? That's interesting. I would have thought it was due to last year's very active hurricane season.

Could be JB, all I know is what they tell me at the supply houses/lumber yards/Hardware stores.

On topic: I don't see the Democrats winning many seats back either. They should take lessons on campaigning from the GOP.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't care who wins the elections coming up as long as the ultra-conservative christian right is reigned in. I don't want to see them go away, just controlled somewhat. As for the democrats, I'm ok with both houses going to the dems providing the Kennedy/Kerry ultra-left liberals don't get in a position of control of the government.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I love the Democrat takeover hype!

My question is will the Democrats be seen as "Miserable Failures" if they don't take both houses of congress?

Or will they use the worn out line "Republicans stole the election"?

apc

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see the Dems take over just one... preferably [not the senate]. Just because all the democrat senators I've read of are unrealistic douchebags. Don't get me wrong... the Reps have their fair share of douchebags, but at least they're realistic. But the Dems should have more control in Washington so we can get some stronger checks and balances. Too much of anything is bad, and right now there are too many Republicans in power.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by apc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join