It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing ATS in 1440x900 widescreen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This has been bugging me. It's only a minor gripe, but I thought i'd ask. When viewing in 1440x900 widescreen, the "mini-profile" kinda gets stretched, like this:

I was just wondering if there was a way to sort it out?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The same thing happens to me, I've got an old model Apple Cinema Display (1600 x 1024) and am running Safari. If I make the window too wide, it stretches out the member info area, screwing up background images there.

I don't really know there's a fix though...

[edit on 10/20/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I view with 1028x768 and it is almost perfect. The mini-profile is stretched so slightly that you can only pick it up if the avatar is not blended.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This seems to be a no brainer. ATS is obviously not formatted for widescreen. Even on a widescreen monitor, I'm sure there is a setting for viewing standard format (4 x 3) material such as ats. Either that or just don't let it bother you so much.

At least until ats comes out in Widescreen and Dolby surround sound that is. *coming soon to a theater near you* j/k

[edit on 10/20/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
This seems to be a no brainer.

You see Mechanic, other sites do not alter in size and proportion the way ATS does. If I was seeing every other site stretch across the page in this fashion, do you really think I would have asked the question?

[edit on 21/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have a 17inch 1440x900 also so I know some of the problems you are having although, your pic is not working for me. You can try to decrease the dpi by going to properties-settings-advanced- then resizing it to 96 if it's not already there.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Thanks Revelmonk, that's what I'm looking for, some ideas from people who know. Unfortunately, the dpi is already at 96. Nevermind, I mean, it's not a big deal, more an idle curiosity.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Personally I anxiously await the release of ATS:HD, in full 1080p widescreen.

Seriously though, that is an interesting problem... wish I had a widescreen to play around with it on, but I just have a standard 19" Dell LCD.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
it will happen eventually, but you'll have to pay an extra £14 a month for it, the picture quality will be awsome but there won't be as much worth looking at on it.

I like the ATS+ where you can pause live threads.

Sky customers in the Uk will know what im talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I run 1280X1024 on a 19" Plasma and it appears fine to me...

Semepr

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Not sure what to tell ya.

I run it at 1680x1050 on my notebook and things look fine so I think ATS is ok when it comes to widescreen viewing.

Good luck on figuring out what settings work best for you.

[edit on 10/21/06 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This sounds like a settings issue, but you did say no other sites appear this way so that is confusing.

I really can't imagine what those of you who see irregular placement are dealing with it appears as though most of us with wide screen, HD monitors are not getting this glitch but the fact some are is enough to bother me.

We'll look into it Monday.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Personally, I kind of like 800 x 600. Sure, lots of pages do not show completely and I have to scroll sideways sometimes. No big deal. Like I said, it's a preference, sort of like the way I prefer the speakers turned off. These computers have such annoying noises.
Sure hope somebody can help you, though. Maybe with the new widescreen monitor my wife wants I will eventually want the same information you are asking for.
Implosion, have you checked with our experts in the
BTS: Computer Help Forum at
www.belowtopsecret.com... ?

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think it has something to do with the type of operating system you have, I normally prefer 1024 x 768 and everything is fine with that but I tried 1280 x 1024 and the profile stretched.

[edit on 22-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think it has something to do with the type of operating system you have

XP Pro SP2, IE 6.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well I have Windows XP, and also run IE6.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This sounds like a settings issue

Not at this end, to my knowelege.

We'll look into it Monday.

Any answer? I'm guessing it's the way the site is coded, and no change is possible, however, If there is a fix, I would like to hear it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This issue, small though it was, now appears to have been resolved. Perhaps only temporarily during the rebuild, but I suspect another top notch job by teh admin.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't think this is 100% related to the original problem, as the above poster has said, it was fixed, but I was wondering if there was an option to view the whole site as widescreen....

Before the change the whole site was stretched across my monitor, however now the front page, as well as all forums and topics only cover about 3/5 of my monitor. They look perfectly fine, just I would like to view the site over the whole monitor, rather than a portion of it. I have a widescreen monitor and set at 1680x1050

Just to state again simply, is there currently an option to change this, and how do I get there, or were you planning on getting things perfect and then allowing it to stretch once it is done...

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've got the same problem as Jorik, viewing ATS on a widescreen (1680 x 1050). Before the dark matter theme, the site just expanded to fill whatever screensize, but now it is fixed on the lefthand side of the screen, filling two thirds of the screen (1024px width?)

Don't know much about web programming, but I'm hoping for a way to view ATS in fullscreen, regardless of screen resolution as well...

Apart from that, I must say, the Dark Matter theme looks sweet!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join