It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would like to thank all the christians for this nightmarish holiday.

This holiday has grown into a beast so large, we can no longer feed it. As soon as one X-MAS ends,you have to think about next X-Mas.

We went to get my daughter a Halloween outfit a few days before Halloween. So we are bopping around all the Halloween stuff when, much too my surprize there were Santa decorations and various X-mas goodies. Now I'm sorry people, but I don't think Santa should be sticking his nose into Halloween. Later that night, I was watching tv and there they were....Christmas commercials. We still had not even had Halloween yet.

This is an outta control holiday. Will it ever end? I doubt it. It will just get worse. Something tells me this not how Jesus wanted his birthday celebrated. I was un-aware of any mention in the Bible about sale prices and buying gifts now to avoid the X-mas rush.

Christmas used to be a fun time of the year....now it is just more work. And it is work that takes your money away. This is not a job I signed on for.

People say this the time of the for peace and love and happy feelings of joy. Blah...I feel broke,tired and bitter.
Christmas used to come around once a year. Now it is year round. Damn near everyday is Christmas for kids these days.

Everyone says"smoking is going to kill me". I doubt it, the stress from this happy, joyous occasion will kill me much faster thank you. Or the egg nog will get me.(or as I like to call it "elf cum")

There is my Christmas rant.

Have a great holiday season, and lets hope it doesn't kill us.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I was un-aware of any mention in the Bible about sale prices and buying gifts now to avoid the X-mas rush.

Nicholas 12:25

Thou shalt go forth and make merriment. Thou shalt slash thine prices and prepare in earnest for the holiday's arrival. Commence the preparations 'fore the day of Samhain, or thou wilst surely be # out of luck....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You must have gone shopping at Costco. They had Christmans decorations ready to go in August.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nicholas 12:25

Thou shalt go forth and make merriment. Thou shalt slash thine prices and prepare in earnest for the holiday's arrival. Commence the preparations 'fore the day of Samhain, or thou wilst surely be # out of luck....

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahaha!!! Good one.

I hate christmas too, Nyeff. I think it sucks, it's useless, etc etc...

I usually go by "I don't buy U #, U don't buy me #" so everybody is happy. Except the little children. They always want friggin gifts...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Christmas used to be a fun time of the year....now it is just more work. And it is work that takes your money away. This is not a job I signed on for.

People say this the time of the for peace and love and happy feelings of joy. Blah...I feel broke,tired and bitter.

JUST IMAGINE IF YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY GET OFF THE COUCH AND GO DO THE SHOPPING :bash:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well I stand corrected Gazrok. Guess I need to brush up on my bible reading. I totally missed that verse. lol

It is not so much that I hate Christmas, I just don't like what Christmas has become. Its all about the money. Greed pure and simple.

Venus my dear....watching you shop is very tiring.

And adds to my stress.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Christmas is really what you make it for yourself....

Personally, I'm ignoring what everyone else wants it to be... For me, it's a season of giving, of being with family, and of just feeling warm and fuzzy. It's the one time of year, where we are the humans we really strive to be, helping others, and being kind to each other, and all of that other fluffy #...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
for me, it's just a couples of days off the job, and they're greatly appreciated. The rest, I really don't care (the celebraiton, the familly, etc etc..)

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
you chould hear Lweis Black From Comedy Central and his take on christmas. its the best thing ever

"Christmas is great. chanaka SUCKS!" - Lewis Black

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
you chould hear Lweis Black From Comedy Central and his take on christmas. its the best thing ever

"Christmas is great. chanaka SUCKS!" - Lewis Black

I absolutly love listening to Lewis Black. Non stop laughter on my end. Did some channel surfing a few days ago and saw about the last 15 minutes of a special he had on the comedy channel. I can only imagine how he blasts Christmas.:bash:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I LOVE MY PAGAN HOLIDAYS!

Jesus was born to a jolly fat guy in a red coat!

Respect the fat guy! He brings gifts! /material orgasm

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
PS: christ wasn't born on dec 25 lol

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Well I stand corrected Gazrok. Guess I need to brush up on my bible reading. I totally missed that verse. lol

It is not so much that I hate Christmas, I just don't like what Christmas has become. Its all about the money. Greed pure and simple.

Venus my dear....watching you shop is very tiring.

And adds to my stress.

you missed
walmart 3:16 thou shalt buy low quality goods at dirt cheap prices

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

PS: christ wasn't born on dec 25 lol

Hehe...yep, was sometime around the end of November if I recall....then again, there's a lot of debate about that whole story too (tax census, etc.).....

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've made a point of dispensing with the material gift giving.

Instead I have made a point of just getting together with family & friends for a celebration.

Very little stress. Just a lot of merriment.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Christmas is 1 big scam really, prices everywhere are doubled.

I mean just cos its xmas businesses think that people wanna spend lots of money.

I for one will not spend loads of dough cos i dont have loads of dough in the first place.They xmas is supposed to bring joy true joy for about a day then it over.

new topics

top topics

join