It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 more NUKES for North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

www.breitbart.com...

North Korea has informed China that it is prepared to conduct "as many as three additional tests" following the first nuclear experiment Oct. 9, CNN television reported Wednesday.
Quoting U.S. intelligence analysts and officials, CNN and Fox News said U.S. spy satellites have detected activities which could be preparations for nuclear explosion tests at three North Korean sites.

CNN also said that latest U.S. intelligence show that North Korea's missile sites remain at a "very high state of readiness," and Pyongyang could use them "in the next several days."

This is the straw that may break the camels back. NK has informed China that there will be 3 more nuclear tests in the coming weeks. Is it time for the international community to truly step in and stop this? Who is responsible to control the actions of this country?

Will this by the start of the next World War, as I am sure that NK, Japan, China and the US will erupt if these tests are completed. It also makes you wonder how much nuclear material they possess if they are conductiong these tests. We wouldn't want Souel to glow for thee next 100 years....

This is my favorite line of the article

[edit on 18-10-2006 by esdad71]

Ri also said North Korea declared last year it has nuclear weapons, and said Pyongyang proved through its nuclear test that it possesses nuclear weapons peacefully, according to the report.

How peacful are nuclear weapons, especially to their neighbors...

[edit on 18-10-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Rumors are flying that China is significantly pissed at NK about all this. NEIN reported yesterday that NK may be stage-testing a hydrogen device and that China may, in fact, be SO pissed that they are planning to off 'lil Kim.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
China has the means, and maybe this will be a godsend for the rest of the world. China is not a country I would want to piss off

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Go China, INVADE NORTH KOREA!! Jail Little Kim, bring food, water, technology and democracy to his people!! Do something!!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If NK continues to test ever more powerful weapons, eventually China will have to come to the conclusion that it's in their best interest for him to fall, even if that means a bunch of refugees and eventually a SK on its border. Japan, SK, Taiwan etc. will absolutely want nuclear weapons if NK continues on its present course.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It would be very nice to see China take decisive action against North Korea, especailly in light of the fact that they are mostly responsible for the establishment of communism in Korea.

The real outrage in North Korea is not really the nukes, it's the condition of the populace. If Kim's nukes give the free world ample motivation to end Kim's regime, then maybe his acquiring nukes would have been a good thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That is very sad, lights out at 9.... that is if you have them. This could lead to one of the largest exodus of refugees we have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Go China, INVADE NORTH KOREA!! Jail Little Kim, bring food, water, technology and democracy to his people!! Do something!!

I wish they would bring democracy and food,but the human rights and democracy record of China sucks,quite frankly IMO.

Organ harvesting of christians/falun gong/dissidents being one example.
The best thing China could do is just DEMAND North Korea stop the tests,they are the country who Kim will listen too most,i believe.
A Chinese invasion would be messy to say the least.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
China isn't that great on human rights, but North Korea is far worse.

Anyway, if the NK regime falls, I think it would end up reunifying with South Korea like East and West Germany, not with China, though there would be temporary refugee problems in China.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
China isn't that great on human rights, but North Korea is far worse.

Agreed.
I think if China went to war with NK,they would feel like their only true friend has just sold out to the Enemy.This would make them much more dangerous at that time,after al l Kim is a full scale nut case and i think he really believes his country could take a crack at the USA and not get annihilated...
Loco Kim.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm afraid that I don't think China will do Jack about it apart from some more 'noisy disapproval'. China have backed NK for a long time now and there's very little NK do without China knowing about it. The media are playing it that NK are dictating to China but it's always been the other way around. It's also in the Western Powers interests for them to play it that way and suggest China will 'take action' because the US is pretty much unable to act in this matter without it becoming War. Committments in Iraq and Afghanistan and all else tagged for Iran means a S.E. Asian theatre of ops is largely out of the question in the short term.

NK will go ahead with their tests and there will be more rhetoric but I seriously doubt China will take punitive measures. They have already wriggled out of the spirit of the new U.N. resolution and are only enforcing parts of it.

If anyone steps in and acts it's more likely to Russia but even that is a long shot.

It should not be forgotten either there is a large groundwell of anti-Americanism within China that goes back to 3 sources: The aftermath of WW2 and American cover-up and failure to punish Japan for their atrocities - which are on a scale of the Nazis. Also in a similar deal to paperclip a great deal of that 'scientific know how' went to the US. Secondly the Cold War and Finally the Korean war where China back and fought with NK against the US and other forces. There's also the issue that China is rapidly becoming a superpower, it's agressively involved in buying up most of non-US oil in the world and it uses more coal than the US, Russia and Japan combined. Ultimately a confrontation will be inevitable if only over dwindling resources.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can't predtic what China will so if North Korea test 3 more nukes. If North Korea does in fact conduct more tests, it will put more pressure on China to take stronger actions, but they only talk and do jack as we have seen last week.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In my opinion, I think China would rather see the fall of DPRK and a reunification with South Korea than see Japan, Taiwan and other nearby countries building their own nuclear weapons programs or buying nuclear weapons from the U.S. or other allied nations.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why can't North Korea have them to defend themselves? We have them, Russia has them, Israel has them, Pakistan, India they have them...What's the big difference between us and them??

Is it that we're afraid they'll use their nuclear muscle to invade a country?? Oh, that's US who do that, we're the only country to actually use atomic weapons ironically in Japan that we will now defend if NK goes after them...

Why not just sit down at the table with them and talk about it all, anybody ever think that Bush's sanctions just pushed NK to have to make this next step to save face and show they are strong after all? It's a tit-for-tat...and we all suffer because of it.

Having China go after NK or any other country won't solve the problem, what's needed is Bush to sit down with Kim Jong Il and talk about it...of course Kim Jong Il is a bit nuts and so is Bush they are both power maniacs who want to keep control...there's no voice of reason....which means it will stay this way of push and pull...

My question is why is NK so much worse than Bush and his gang? Bush has weapons and he'd be the one to use them...so who's right? Is anyone right?

After all, a man once said "War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left."

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Max, your question is a good one.

I believe the use of the nuclear weapons against Japan that ended WWII was a good idea. .Many more peope, many of our citizens, would have died in a full scale conventional invasion against the Empire of Japan's home territory. The President's decison (Harry Truman-D) to use the nuclear weapon I must say was a good one. Although it created a terrible tragedy among a lot of innocent Japanese citizens living in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in the end it probably ended up up saving a net amount of lives, especially on our side, since the Empire almost immediately surrendered, admitted the Emperor was not God, and the war came to an end without a land invasion.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So when someone decides to bomb the hell out of the USA in order to get Bush to realize he's not God...that'll be okay then right?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max Cass
So when someone decides to bomb the hell out of the USA in order to get Bush to realize he's not God...that'll be okay then right?

I don't think anyone here believes Bush (nor any President in U.S. history) is God.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree that no one here thinks Bush is God or that any other president in US history was one either...I was just trying to say that it would seem Bush himself thinks he is God or if not good at least his messenger...

I guess the point I was making was that if the roles were reversed and instead of Japan that was US, would that make it okay for them to use those weapons...if that makes sense.

I'm just trying to figure out who decides and how they decide who is right and who is wrong when it comes to owning and using these types of weapons or determining who has the "right" to own them?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Max, your question is a good one.

I believe the use of the nuclear weapons against Japan that ended WWII was a good idea. .Many more peope, many of our citizens, would have died in a full scale conventional invasion against the Empire of Japan's home territory. The President's decison (Harry Truman-D) to use the nuclear weapon I must say was a good one. Although it created a terrible tragedy among a lot of innocent Japanese citizens living in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, in the end it probably ended up up saving a net amount of lives, especially on our side, since the Empire almost immediately surrendered, admitted the Emperor was not God, and the war came to an end without a land invasion.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

spot on, saying any different is merely devalusing human life.
Although it did set a precedent and a tone in the world, that unfortunately we had to endure.

Plus, it showed the REAL horrible nature of these weapons, imagine if russia or Germany had them first.. Id say alot more than 2 would of been dropped during that era.

For 60+ years the world has lived in a secure enviroment bound by the fact no mad man would again use these weapons,being that was the war, to end all wars.
Then agian, the world never counted on the USA, the protector.. the leader.. to start a conflict that could just as easily implement these weapons.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max Cass
I'm just trying to figure out who decides and how they decide who is right and who is wrong when it comes to owning and using these types of weapons or determining who has the "right" to own them?

I totally agree with you that it seems to be an arbitrary thing nowadays. It seems those that already have them have the right to have them while those that don't don't have the right to have them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join