It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for another round of... ASK THE AMIGOS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We'll be cranking out a new podcast tomorrow (with a new and improved -again- technical produciton process) and we will have some time in the schedule for 2 or 3 good quality "Ask The Amigos" questions.

Most of our show will focus on what our members are saying about the N. Korea nuke test... so member questions that keep that or related themes might be a good idea.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As the NK events evolve, and NK either apparently seems to be moving toward either International Isolationism, or on the other polar view, forced dependency from the international community, how does this affect ATS potentially?

I suspect as most likely do, see the NK evolution as a long term event that will be headlines for quite sometime.

Do the Amigo's foresee adding a new category supporting this as a new Current Event?, or possibly a combining or unitizing of categories similar?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
One question here, since I won't be able to attend any kind of session;

When will we find out which Blogger wins the PSP? When will we get to vote? What happened to the schedueled limit of August 31st?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
cool asking questions for the podcast! sweet!

i've thought about this myself and would like to know your thoughts on it Skeptic and Springer: G dubya has stated a few times a "red line" that, if crossed, would bring serious repurcussions to North Korea, firstly being if they attempted to develope nuclear power. secondly attempting at weaponizing material created at the power plants. and thirdly testing a workable bomb. all three of these "redline" issues have been blown by. so what do you think? will Dubya decide that we need to "liberate" the North Korean people and " make america safer" by disarming this "axis of evil" member? and if he does, will our economy collapse under the strain of three wars and occupations coupled with our determination to deter iran from getting nuclear power as well?

that's like eight thousand questions, sorry

if you addressed any of these it'd be sweet!

thanks guys!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My question was asked in the last podcast thread.

As for NK, my conspiracy minded thoughts are running along the lines of Russia and especially China using their NK proxy to derail the plans for a US attack on Iran. I mean how could the US justify an attack on a country that might get weapons versus a country currently testing them.

In fact, in the geopolitical game of brinksmanship between the two poles of power now emerging (Eurasia vs US) I'm betting that the US will be the first to blink. After all, China controls the purse strings and Russia controls energy supplies to NATO countries.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Out of all the conspiracies out there that have popped up on the site, which one do you find the most humorous, and why?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A quick note for yah Skeptic...the last PODcast you could barely be heard...very faint. Had to have the volume cranked...Springer was clear and loud, but it was hard to hear you.

Just a note

Cheers

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can't wait for the PodCast….you got me hooked....

Question:

Will sanctions against North Korea deter Kim Jong from perusing further nuclear weapons development or will sanctions only serve to punish the North Korean population?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well my question isn't anywhere as important as the ones above, but I'm curious if there are any plans in the immediate future for someone to be able to track a podcast download?

Don't need an IP or country of origin, just a simple number of clicks would do nicely.

Am looking forward to the review and hoping I can 'catch' the usage of the "new and improved -again- technical produciton processes".

May your cart machines never need cleaning...

Johnny

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just finished watching another fantastic episode of Star Trek, this time Voyager, where the Irish are portrayed as horse and cart driving gypsies mired in the 19th century. What is it and the American entertainment industry that thrives on stereotypes? Do people in America seriously believe we are like that, English people say @guv'nor@ and have bad teeth, German people all wear ledherhosen and the whole world speaks English?

When media is your only source of knowledge how can you make proper judgements?

Would podcast this only technical difficulties have kept my dulcit tones off the ATS podwaves. Not for long though......

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Gimme the Stats man!

How many hits or visits has ATS had from North Korea?

If any.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What do you make of these original music podcasts?

Shameless self promotion? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

[edit on 12/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I got a few questions about NK.

First of all, do you think the nuclear test was a fake or was it fizzle?

Why do you think that NK is insisting on bilateral talks only with the US?

I have been trying to figure out why NK has been acting the way it has recently. With previous threats toward the US and the recent test firing of missiles and the nuclear test, now they are threatening war if we impose more sanctions.

I have think that they are planning to invade SK, but need the US to look like the bad guys. I think they are trying to provoke an attack from the US so that China will have to get involved and back them up. I think they know we will not meet with them so they use it to their advantage and make the US look like we are not taking the diplomatic route.

Their actions appear to me to be ones of desperation, and they might be crazy enough to go to war with the US, but try to make it look like we started it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Will "Team America" be sent into NK or will we leave Kimmy so he is ronerey, so very ronerey

new topics

top topics

join