It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the possibilities gone??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I would like to contribute........

Lao Tzu.....Touch ultimate emptiness;
Hold steady and still.

All things work together.
I have watched them reverting
And have seen how they flourish
And return again , each to his
roots.

This , I say , is the stillness,
A retreat to one's roots;
Or better yet ,return
To the will of God ,
Which is , I saw , to constancy.
The knowledge of constancY
I call enlightenment and say
That not to know it
Is blindness that works evil.

But when you know
What eternity is
You have stature.
And stature means righteousness ,
And righteousness is kingly ,
And kingliness divine.
And divinity is the Way
Which is final.

Then , though you die ,
You shall not perish.

One hundred yrs later after Lao Tzu came the Greek philosopher Socrates.
In a world dominated by pagan beleifs in multiple gods.
Socrates taught the philosophy of a universe supported by a single truth , an unseen wisdom.
In Greek this understanding of truth is expressed by the word ''''''Logos'''''' , which translates as '''''Word '''''' or '''Word of truth ''''.
Socrates lived an ascetic life of abstinence and meditation on philosophy , and taught a doctrine of renunciation and the pursuit of the one truth.
Socrates was followed by many disciples who emulated his style of life . Because of his radical way of life and his great influence among the youth , the pagan world of Greece was stirred up , and Socrates , like a true rebel against falsehood , was persecuted for his beleifs and way of life.
Finally he was put on trial. He was given the choice of renouncing his philosophy and confessing foolish ideas about the pagan gods , or else being sentenced to death .Socrates chose death..........."""Youth of the Apocalypse ......and the Last True Rebellion. """"

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have chosen 3:

"Nothing in the world is softer than water,
Yet nothing is better at overcoming the hard and strong.
This is because nothing can alter it."

Water is in the form of water after it is acted upon by any other form. Now think of this as aether. Matter/mass cannot change aether because aether is still aether after matter/mass attempts to effect it.

"That the soft overcomes the hard
And the gentle overcomes the aggressive
Is something that everybody knows
But none can do themselves."

We are "solid" and learn to live as solids... if we were water, we would be undefeatable... now to the aether... if we were aether (spirits perhaps), we would be impossible to hurt or kill, as the aether cannot be harmed/changed by matter/mass.

"Therefore the sages say:
"The one who accepts the dirt of the state
Becomes its master.
The one who accepts its calamity
Becomes king of the world."

This reminds me of a scientist. A scientists braves the storm to collect data and understand the universe. He/she will learn the truth. The truth is true power. Acceptence and non-judgement will help to attain this state (as taught by Jesus, Buddha, etc).

"Truth seems contradictory."

Owning land does not make you powerful. Owning the knowledge of the elements does, however. Might I bring up Hiroshima.

"If you are courageous in daring you will die.
If you are courageous in not-daring you will live.
Among these two, one is beneficial and the other is harmful."

Don't be a dumba$$.

"Who understands the reason why Heaven dislikes what it dislikes?
Even the sage has difficulty in knowing this."

The mind of God illusive, so even a sage, with his truth of the Tao, is confused by the reasons from Heaven.

"The Way of Heaven is to win easily without struggle.
To respond well without words,
To naturally come without special invitation,
To plan well without anxiety."

Go with the flow and be efficient in every action.

"Heaven's net is vast.
It is loose.

Yet nothing slips through."

Aether. "net" ---> think superstrings (and our other conversations). It is loose by means of the ideas above... aether is uneffected by mass/matter, yet is still encapsulating. It holds onto nothing, but nothing escapes it.

"That which is at rest is easy to grasp.
That which has not yet come about is easy to plan for.
That which is fragile is easily broken.
That which is minute is easily scattered.
Handle things before they arise.
Manage affairs before they are in a mess."

This sounds like the motivational speaker "Anthony Robbins." Take care of your life one step at a time and be mindful of what is going to happen, no matter what. Small steps, or baby steps, are easier than leaps taken at the last minute.

"A thick tree grows from a tiny seed.
A tall building arises from a mound of earth.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.
Contriving, you are defeated;
Grasping, you lose."

Ah, the secret to life itself. All of life exists within a single seed. The building is made from the Earth that holds it firm. The journey is composed of the steps and the fact that one is taking them. Don't make expectations for the journey or for life, simply enjoy the moment, the ride, and the greatness of it all.

"The sage doesn't contrive, so she isn't beaten.
Not grasping, she doesn't lose.
When people are carrying out their projects
They usually blow it at the end."

I know this one all too well. Set yourself up for failure or to exist within a lie and you will do so. I have proven it to myself on many occasions.

"If you are as careful at the end
As you were at the beginning,
You won't be disappointed."

Let things happen and be mindful not to get fooled. Live as full as possible and take advantage of the moment, but not who you are with.

"Therefore the sage desires non-desire,
Does not value rare goods,
Studies the unlearnable
So that she can correct the mistakes of average people
And aid all things in manifesting their true nature"

That is why I'm a scientist.

"Without presuming to take the initiative."

I can only relate this line to my selfishness. I want to learn for my own sake. If the rest of the world accepts what discoveries I make, it is their own doing. I do not care if they like the truth, I will still follow what I believe to be true... or should I say, "what I know to be true."

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Protector]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It could be...
It might be...
It is!...........

I'm back to this discussion.

Before we go back into the Tao, I'd like to introduce a new side topic that needs to be discussed within this discussion of the Tao and God. This deals with why the topic started, so here it goes.

Premises: Evil does exist. God does exist. Evil must have an ultimate source.

Using this premise, only 2 conclusions can be drawn:
1) God is evil or made evil (perhaps this can be divided)
2) God did not exist before "good" and "evil"

The second one is hard to argue, but it assumes that God has not been alive from the very beginning, but developed over time. This may go along with certain Earth religions or people who tend to view God more humanly (experiences a development process but over a much larger scale).

The first argument appeals to more hard-ended religions, where God is the 3 or 4 basic tenants: omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. If these are true, God was the beginning, thus the beginning of all things. If evil exists, then it is because God allowed it to exist or created it (virtually one in the same). All things have an ultimate source, thus God is also the source of evil.

Now, since the Tao introduces the Yinyang, how does balance supercede "goodness?" Why is balance an ultimate achievement over that which is evil?

I would like to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just to quickly add another ossibility there -

evil is a by-product of life / goodness and can be overcome by God and / or goodness / life, and so is not as much a problem.

Possible

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protector
It could be...
It might be...
It is!...........

I'm back to this discussion.

Before we go back into the Tao, I'd like to introduce a new side topic that needs to be discussed within this discussion of the Tao and God. This deals with why the topic started, so here it goes.

Premises: Evil does exist. God does exist. Evil must have an ultimate source.

Using this premise, only 2 conclusions can be drawn:
1) God is evil or made evil (perhaps this can be divided)
2) God did not exist before "good" and "evil"

The second one is hard to argue, but it assumes that God has not been alive from the very beginning, but developed over time. This may go along with certain Earth religions or people who tend to view God more humanly (experiences a development process but over a much larger scale).

The first argument appeals to more hard-ended religions, where God is the 3 or 4 basic tenants: omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. If these are true, God was the beginning, thus the beginning of all things. If evil exists, then it is because God allowed it to exist or created it (virtually one in the same). All things have an ultimate source, thus God is also the source of evil.

Now, since the Tao introduces the Yinyang, how does balance supercede "goodness?" Why is balance an ultimate achievement over that which is evil?

I would like to hear your thoughts.

The premise that G-d is the "source" of evil is false.
G-d allowed evil to exist.
"Good" and "evil" is a characteristic/trait.
One of the defining characteristics/traits of Man is "good" and "evil".
YingYang is a symbolic meaning for Man and his traits of "good" and "evil". YingYang is also symbolic of "man" and "woman". It has often been said that YingYang equates to what is termed as "polarities"....hot/cold, good/evil....etc.

My thoughts.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do wish Toltec would come and enlighten me on my thoughts......I would be interested in his skilled knowledge.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Society has changed a lot in respect to the last 200 years, Religion as a result has become less the
weapon.

Evil as defined was what the other guy did, there belief systems were demonic and there leaders obviously somehow related to Satan himself.

While to some extent such issues are still prevalent in the past the only rule was is your God the right one. This being correct then all was fair as long as the war was won.

Taking what was written and prepared from a culture or time in history, where religion was applied as a principal means to apply the masses to war. To a culture to whom the question in the minds of most is with respect to the philosophy of God at best is a difficult task.

What becomes inexorably apparent is that within the context of an ancient cause does exist righteousness but as well are the seeds of destruction, we define as the most foul (Keep in mind I am not referring to just one faith).

God which is the creator of all things did create the means for which evil is possible, from my perspective this is most often called free will.

In and of itself, that God is omnipotent does suggest that his desire for omnipotence supersede his desire to develop in us, the ability to desire to what is good by our own free will (choices)

Understand that for me God does not punish, inevitably it is we who punish ourselves. The only real hell that exist, is a place where those of us who transgress to such a degree we cannot face God can hide.

Balance is achieved because of the right to choose and the fact that consciousness ultimately knows the difference between right and wrong. The struggle between good and evil is therefore ultimately an internal one which is related to the individual soul.

With respect to the Holy Bible, God is described as creating reality and man and then claiming it was good, the choice was not to claim is was good but to create reality and man.

After calming great anger
There are always resentments left over.
How can this be considered as goodness?
Therefore the sage keeps her part of the deal
And doesn't check up on the other person.

Thus virtuous officials keep their promise
And the crooked ones break it.

The Heavenly Tao has no favorites:

It raises up the Good.

Any Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Toltec:

Do you deny that the devil exists? I'm just curious. I know you believe in demons, but do you believe in a hierarchy (structure) to which evil is performed?

"After calming great anger
There are always resentments left over.
How can this be considered as goodness?
Therefore the sage keeps her part of the deal
And doesn't check up on the other person."

This is a good way to curb the "revenge factor." To be true to yourself shows that you are holding your end of the bargain. I'd like to add that one should always be mindful of the other, who may not hold their end, thus creating further conflict. What do you have to say of this?

"Thus virtuous officials keep their promise
And the crooked ones break it.

The Heavenly Tao has no favorites:

It raises up the Good."

Who would follow a leader who didn't even try to promise something? Our society does not create leaders with absolute power, only ones with significant power. No one would elect a president who said, "I can't do anything for you for sure."

If there is no favorite, why would good rise up above evil?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
One way of interpreting this is that only the good are raised by the Tao and that there are no exceptions.

In this context the good are described as those who act with honor and perform there duties respective of the promises they have made. As well the issue of great anger implies war.

Its not so much that I believe in demons Protector but more that I feel there are people in this world that are capable of horrible things.

So horrible that in the past they were called evil spirits this in respect to reincarnation and taking into account that the Earth is an aspect of heaven (presenting the issue that the war in heaven is not over and that the human race is a work in progress on its way to developing (with the help of prophets) the maturity reflective of an advanced awareness.

You have presented some good responses in respect to your post concerning the Tao have very few argument with your conclusions

How about this one?

The Tao produces one, one produces two.
The two produce the three and the three produce all things.
All things submit to yinand embrace yang.
They soften their energy to achieve harmony.

People hate to think of themselves as "orphan," "lowly," and "unworthy"
Yet the kings call themselves by these names.

Some lose and yet gain,
Others gain and yet lose.
That which is taught by the people
I also teach:
"The forceful do not choose their place of death."
I regard this as the father of all teachings.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"The Tao produces one, one produces two.
The two produce the three and the three produce all things.
All things submit to yinand embrace yang.
They soften their energy to achieve harmony."

Who's the third? We have 1 and 2 being Yin and Yang, respectively. Three is what? Softening energy seems to be death, as I understand it. How do you view this?

"People hate to think of themselves as "orphan," "lowly," and "unworthy"
Yet the kings call themselves by these names."

That is in the Bible. It is about erasing pride and excepting that all others are greater, so you never feel above another. I think this helps to remove fear of subordinates and misconceptions of others (besides the pride).

"Some lose and yet gain,
Others gain and yet lose.
That which is taught by the people
I also teach:
"The forceful do not choose their place of death."
I regard this as the father of all teachings."

I have no idea what that means.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ying and Yang are one Protector hence the third....

The highest goodness is like water.
Water easily benefits all things without struggle.
Yet it abides in places that men hate.
Therefore it is like the Tao.

For dwelling, the Earth is good.
For the mind, depth is good.
The goodness of giving is in the timing.
The goodness of speech is in honesty.
In government, self-mastery is good.
In handling affairs, ability is good.

If you do not wrangle, you will not be blamed.

what is soft flows keep this in mind.

The sage has no fixed mind,
She takes the mind of the people as her mind.

I treat the good as good, I also treat the evil as good.
This is true goodness.
I trust the trustworthy, I also trust the untrustworthy.
This is real trust.

When the sage lives with people, she harmonizes with them
And conceals her mind for them.
The sages treat them as their little children.

What you might consider at this point is that the Tao is a language, as a result the sage by not being forceful
adheres to the word.

When people are born they are gentle and soft.
At death they are hard and stiff.
When plants are alive they are soft and delicate.
When they die, they wither and dry up.
Therefore the hard and stiff are followers of death.
The gentle and soft are the followers of life.

Thus, if you are aggressive and stiff, you won't win.
When a tree is hard enough, it is cut. Therefore
The hard and big are lesser,
The gentle and soft are greater.

To be forceful is to be hard and as a result to emulate death, when one personifies death in a life where there is no death.

As a reuslt......

The reason everybody calls my Tao great
Is because there is nothing quite like it.
It is exactly because it isgreat
That there is nothing quite like it.
If there were something that were consistently like it

How could it be small?

I have three treasures that I hold and cherish.
The first is compassion,
The second is frugality,
The third is not daring to put myself ahead of everybody.

Having compassion, I can be brave.
Having frugality, I can be generous.
Not daring to put myself ahead of everybody
I can take the time to perfect my abilities.
Now if I am brave without compassion
Generous without frugality, or
Go to the fore without putting my own concerns last,
I might as well be dead.

If you wage war with compassion you will win.
If you protect yourself with compassion you will be impervious.
Heaven will take care of you,

Protecting you with compassion.

I am sure you have questions

Any Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"Ying and Yang are one Protector hence the third"

The Yin and Yang are two parts of the same whole. The third fish that is sometimes added is in reference of "wu wei" which is the existance of both Yin and Yang as one. The problem is that this is referred to as a passive action or "acting without acting." From real life experience, having the active parts is what makes it worth living. To live as a piece of furnature that keeps balance seems like a flawed concept to me. One might as well be dead, so why desire the wu wei if it is the equivalent of being "the background" and not that which really lives life to the fullest?

"The highest goodness is like water.
Water easily benefits all things without struggle.
Yet it abides in places that men hate.
Therefore it is like the Tao."

Goodness abides in place that mean hate? Is that suppose to mean that evil cannot escape good? Interesting. I wonder if that is suppose to be the method for facing a confrontation. That makes wu wei make more sense in terms of defeating evil, but not in increasing pleasure or in continuing goodness.

"For dwelling, the Earth is good.
For the mind, depth is good.
The goodness of giving is in the timing."

How does "time" relate to goodness?

"The goodness of speech is in honesty.
In government, self-mastery is good.
In handling affairs, ability is good."

self-explanatory.

"If you do not wrangle, you will not be blamed."

So? Not arguing or disputing means your point is not considered. Sometimes the blame is better than "nothing."

"what is soft flows keep this in mind."

right... as they said, "water."

"The sage has no fixed mind,
She takes the mind of the people as her mind."

Does this mean a sage is the soul? The mind and body are temporary, only relating to the surroundings?

"I treat the good as good, I also treat the evil as good.
This is true goodness."

Evil is good in what respect? Let's be honest here. If you shoot my best friend in the head, how is it goodness? It isn't. Thus, good and evil are may coexist but are still different.

"I trust the trustworthy, I also trust the untrustworthy.
This is real trust."

That is how you lose all your money.

"When the sage lives with people, she harmonizes with them
And conceals her mind for them.
The sages treat them as their little children."

This seems like the sage has pride and is not humble. How can this be true? Harmonizing makes sense where you become "one" with them. Still, concealing her mind means she does not trust them with her mind. Also, she has a defined mind when she walks in. So why is this going against the other lessons? Treated someone else as a child is placing them below you, hence my "prideful" comment.

"What you might consider at this point is that the Tao is a language, as a result the sage by not being forceful
adheres to the word."

That doesn't seem to help anything.

"When people are born they are gentle and soft.
At death they are hard and stiff.
When plants are alive they are soft and delicate.
When they die, they wither and dry up.
Therefore the hard and stiff are followers of death.
The gentle and soft are the followers of life."

Ok. I think we've discussed this already.

"Thus, if you are aggressive and stiff, you won't win.
When a tree is hard enough, it is cut. Therefore
The hard and big are lesser,
The gentle and soft are greater."

If I were a tree, I wouldn't have much of a problem with an attacker. I don't see being hard as a terrible option. Sometimes being gentle does not allow a proper defense, thus you cannot stop an attack at close range without warning.

"To be forceful is to be hard and as a result to emulate death, when one personifies death in a life where there is no death."

?

"I have three treasures that I hold and cherish.
The first is compassion,
The second is frugality,
The third is not daring to put myself ahead of everybody."

So loving, economical, and meek.

"Having compassion, I can be brave.
Having frugality, I can be generous.
Not daring to put myself ahead of everybody
I can take the time to perfect my abilities."

Bravery makes sense. Frugality makes some sense (cents
). Being meek gives time to invest in ones self and not be concerned with others? Odd.

"Now if I am brave without compassion
Generous without frugality, or
Go to the fore without putting my own concerns last,
I might as well be dead."

Ok, that clears things up. I was hoping that would come in somewhere.

"If you wage war with compassion you will win."

That's different. I'm not sure how true it is.

"If you protect yourself with compassion you will be impervious."

This is mostly true. Avoiding a confrontation is the best way to survive it.

"Heaven will take care of you,
Protecting you with compassion."

Ok.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
With respect to wu wei would request that you review the attached...

www.jadedragon.com...

Need to step away for a few Protector so will continue the rest of my response later this evening

Talk to you soon

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Protector the term was timing not time. Taking into consideration and for the sake of argument the idea that one who responds by wrangling can be defined as discussing in anger. The more likely manner your discussion will be considered is as that of an immature or even perhaps a person who is insecure with respect to the issues.

If anything the next verse can be described from the context of "turn the other cheek," but as well by doing so you learn more about the person than you would have by responding otherwise. In a way it is also reminiscent of this saying "Keep you friends close, but keep your enemies closer (but not in a bad way)."

With respect to the issue of little "children" note the their that is not actually a typo.

What I was trying to explain to you before, is that the Tao te chin from the context of trying to understand it requires that one note that certain words are defined specifically within the complete text. Inherent to that is the message the Tao to chin is presenting, for example the term myriad things a review of the whole text does bring to light what the author intended with respect to the meaning and its place in the message as a whole.

The water is soft as in it flows just like Wu-Wei.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Suppose there is a void inside. This void is a black hole. It consumes me and my surrounds. Regardless of how strong I am, the void is stronger. This void might be compared to loneliness, depression, hatred, longing, cowardice, etc. But this void is just a fact of nature. If you don't continue to produce for your surrounds, you become a black hole. You consume.

What does this have to do with anything? Consider that people who feel a void in their lives are trying to fill that void. No matter how much they put in, there is always a void. However, when outsiders give freely to fill that void, the void fills much quicker.

Black holes feed off outside stars and have already lost their own fuel that kept them burning as stars. What does it take to relight a black hole?

When I find that out, my void will be filled.

Of course, in human terms, this void needs to be filled with the love of others, friends, family, purpose, and accomplishment. This strength gives us courage, hope, trust, and allows us to give those same qualities to others. By giving more, one can truly receive more. When you allow others to give to you, but do not give in return, you are that void. You are the black hole and steal their courage, passion, and trust. But ultimately you lose.

Next time you have the chance to give, give as if it were your first chance to start again, as if you could become that star that you long to be and long to feel inside.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Protector]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
big ups to all who have contributed...

in reference to the possibilities i will keep it short and simple...

we are approaching a singularity in time refered to by some as the end days...
the pressure mounts between both side of yin/yang...
one who is and sees all of the circle for what it be and the other darker half who percieves the circle and it's half being all that exists between it and the whole...
unfortunately the possibilities can be narrowed down to one for within one all exists and within all that exists there is one...
of course there is the darker half of the circle attempting to influence man and deter him from this understanding...
in the end is infinite love for all and in all infinite endings...
the possibilities are then infinite?... well that is a question better answered by one who sees all...

some very interesting times we live in indeed...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Perhaps its time to go beyond the Tao Te Ching

www.geocities.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A quote from one of my favorite movies, "A Knight's Tale":

William: Oi sir, what are you doing?
Chaucer: Uh... trudging. You know, trudging?
[pause]
Chaucer: To trudge: the slow weary walk of a man that has nothing left in his life but the impulse to simply solider on.

The above quote seems to describe this thread, started literally years ago and now seeing the light of day once again.

Why? To continue to analyze the Tao Te Ching (Daw Dah Jing) as a powerful text that describes the nature of our existence, be it good or bad.

I do not consider this my religion, but most certainly my faith. We choose in life what we "believe in," and all too often "what we believe in" chooses us. Long ago, members of this forum stepped forward to ask and answer tough questions... and certainly "important" questions.

To this day, I continue to question what I believe in. I consider my life to be that "faith" that is reversing the roles and questioning me. Perhaps life is a test from the Grand Implementor. Maybe a gift. Or a punishment. However, I doubt any one word can describe the good, or the bad, of life. And so we trudge on.

So, even if alone, I trudge onward. Feel free to join me.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I believe the following is a verse I have not really dealt with in detail:

www.spiritwalk.org...

The valley spirit never dies.
It is called "the mysterious female."
The opening of the mysterious female
Is called "the root of Heaven and Earth."
Continuous, seeming to remain.
Use it without exertion.

I would define a valley as a large opening, cavernous, carved. Sometimes I think of the bottom of a canyon and other times I think of the oasis within the mountains. The mind sometimes attributes the "hidden" to the valley, or that which is out of reach. This relates to the "mysterious".

Mysterious is something which we do not know, or rather "do not understand." The question among hidden answers. The secret waiting to be unlocked. Or the obvious blocked by our own illusions or insecurities.

When relating this to the traditional "female," there are obvious sexual connotations. Also, one might attribute a variety of qualities:

Virginity, purity, duty, freedom, new life, desire, hardship, sex, rebirth, choice, insecurity, etc.

Now with some definitions out of the way:

The first half:
"The valley spirit never dies.
It is called 'the mysterious female.'
The opening of the mysterious female"

A spirit is often a guide or a something that we assume has died, yet entered another life. If the spirit of the secret never dies, but a spirit is perhaps already dead, we might say that "any that is dead does not die, but that which is dead isn't really dead." I do not know if this is accurate, but let's work with it.

We can use the above definitions to describe the "mysterious female." A spirit of birth, life, rebirth, desire, sexuality, coupled with secrecy or misunderstanding. She seems out of reach, but never inexcessable, assuming she can never die. As an aside, the ninja might call this, "the shadow," or a reflection of the self or hidden knowledge, also an opponent and a friend (our true nature hidden from ourself, even if it is ourself).

[Going more PG-13]
The third line can be seen as an entrance into the valley, the secret, or our past, or desires. A woman's valley (vagina) is something she protects, only opening to those she deems worthy. It is also a place of new life and birth. A man might see this as a challenge (sex), but only if he desires her (if he desires the secret). He might also care about the woman, not just the secret (sex). Thus, you must understand the valley before you can reach the secret. You must gain her trust.

Some ideas of "evil" can be introduced here: The secret could be stolen (think rape). The pillaging of a woman, or land, or the robbing of a bank vault, ... in general, those who possess secrets or infomation they obtained through wrongful action. Evil might possess this secret. A warning, if nothing else.
[back to PG]

The opening could also be an opening of the heart, a new friendship, a better way through a difficult hike. Would you rather scale the mountain or walk through the valley? Sometimes, to see the valley you must first climb a mountain, thus describing some of the inherant difficulties found in life... a process of understanding why the valley exists (perhaps a reference to the Creator or the Earth).

Now we say that Life has a secret, and allows some people in. We exist, so we must be searching for the valley. We desire the secrets, even if they require hardships. The secrets may require us to analyze ourselves and our relationships. Being a valley, once inside, we may feel trapped, or encased by the mountains surrounding us (going inside ourselves can be scarey).

Second half:
"Is called 'the root of Heaven and Earth.'
Continuous, seeming to remain.
Use it without exertion."

The opening is referred to as Heaven (our desired place of living) and Earth (where we do live). Finding the path to Heaven seems like a secret, as does the proper way to live our lives. We continually question our place in the universe and our place in the afterlife.

The root is the source. All other things spring from this and feed from this. The root of Heaven and Earth (happiness and home) are a secret from within. It is a secret within life, and not given at birth (or why would we search for it... unless we lost or forgot it, somehow).

A root can be dug up, similar to finding a hidden treasure. It feeds off its surroundings, however this root cannot die, being part of the "mysterious female." Life is born from the root, also the place of the secret (perhaps another reference to the Creator). Sometimes the stems and leaves and peddles and fruit of a root may die off or get torn off, but many roots can grow again, thus defining a cycle of life.

Roots often come from seeds, but not always, as roots can propagate themselves. A seed is seen as holding a secret inside, and that secret is life. A seed can live through many hardships, extreme conditions that the plant cannot survive. It sprouts the root when the time is right. We exist because it is our time to exist.

If the root is a spirit, then our spirit feeds us and holds knowledge as to our development (maybe a reference to the "soul"). Thus, the part of our soul that is bound by the root cannot die and lives in Heaven, as well as on Earth.

Life is continuous, as is the soul (and/or our connection to the Creator). Life may die off, yet be reborn again, the knowledge still inside. The truth is hard to reach, or so it seems.

The line, "seeming to remain", leads me to believe that death does exist, perhaps for Heaven and for Earth. But what remains in the root, the spirit, the secret, ... that which gives rebirth.

"Use it without exertion," might refer to use or misuse/abuse of the secret, life, sex, the Creator, and/or yourself. If it is used, it should be effortless (a possible link to Wu Wei, passive action). The secret can be abused, again going back to "evil" knowning the secret, thus the secret is abused through exertion. This exertion probably forces the secret to remove that which is "evil," similar to a flower shedding its withered peddles or not supporting a branch that requires too many resources.

Life should flow and work as a unit, being a single plant from the root. Unity, simplicity, ease, and knowledge all from the same place ("responsibility" allows it to grow or destroys it if misused).

So, within you lies a link to your secrets, hidden by your barriers, your search for it happening now. It is a link to the Creator, a link to your soul, a link to truth and life/rebirth. It can be abused and lost, as may be why you are trying to find it now... having lost the previledge. It is about the journey and gaining the trust of the "Holder of the Secret" or "Mysterious Female". She is waiting for you, perhaps longing for you or testing you. Look inside to find out.

Good luck. Now it is your turn.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Protector

perhaps the black hole needs not to be relit, as a candle recently extinguished but to be fed to blossom. it is a shame that the possibility is not here for any of us to be able to witness the grandeur that may become.

It is indeed entirely possible that a black hole is not necessarily a bad thing. As all things alive, there is a process that must occur, from our limited point of view, the black hole may be an empty void consuming and growing, as a seed sprouting, and growing. While it may be possible to cram the matter that is a rose, and the plant from which it grows back into the seed from which it came, that is a whole other discussion into matter and physics, but the primary question is,

why would you want to?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join