It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there 36 righteous men in the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It is a bit of a strange question I must confess, but I was just messing about on Wikipedia, when I found an interesting bit of information on Judaism. It is about 36 truly righteous men or tzaddikim if we use the Yiddish terminology. These are always 36 tzaddikim in the world.The root of the word is tzedek which means justice. A tzaddik ( a single righteous man) is more then just wise or mystical, or well-learned, they are men of "special wisdom" as if they embody the very essence of justice itself. The word, righteous is the closest English word to describe a tzaddik.

Anyway, they stay hidden from view, anonymous from the masses, as if to cover the tracks of their good deeds, even to the extent of being steeped in sin. Perhaps it's intentional, so that they may not arouse suspicion (though if they have nothing to hide, why hide it? To avoid the self absorbed, inflated ego you get when you're a public figure? ) or maybe they aren't even aware of them being what they are? Like some sort of divine comedy, these blokes aren't even aware of their heightened humanity, as if it were a natural part of their being, and of normal behavior.

These tzaddikim don't necessarly need to be Jewish, as they can be born as a gentile, a muslim or whatever. Anyway, let's get to the bones. There are 36 virtuous folk, and one of them is extra special, a possible Messiah. A possible candidate for Messiah that will only appear, if the world is in dire straits, or enough people have proven worthy for his coming. As of yet, no Messiah.

There are always 36 lamed-vavniks (Lamed means 30 in Hebrew, vav means 6) in the world. They are the very foundation of the world, like Atlas who held up the heavens. If you take away these 36 righteous men, the world is no more. Like if Atlas disappeared, the heavens would fall. Is there 36 righteous men in the world? Does anyone think that if these 36 folk were removed...that the world indeed would collapse? Again, just curio about this.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
given that there are only 13 evil men on the planet at any given time, i would say yes. 36 isnt a lot out of 7 billion and 13 slots are taken.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
given that there are only 13 evil men on the planet at any given time, i would say yes. 36 isnt a lot out of 7 billion and 13 slots are taken.

where do you get the 13 evil men from? is there a link for this?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm curious as to where you get the idea that they could be people of other faiths, are steeped in sin, and may not exist...So far as I understand (I'm not very familiar with this area of scripture, just slightly), they are righteous according to God, which, coming from the Jewish holy books, would mean they were righteous according to JHVH, which would mean they would have to worship the one true God, the Jewish God (which, interestingly enough, would mean that they're Christian). On top of that, righteousness entails removal from sin. Though they could be in the thick of sin taking place around them, as righteous men, they could not and would not participate. Finally, from what I understand, God had said there would always be this many righteous men (I'm really not 100% on this promise, though), so, again, since you're taking the information from this source, you have to take either all, nothing, or have a darn good reason to only accept part of it as true.

As to not drawing attention to yourself, humility is one of the most difficult things for us to practice, and in doing so none of the attention or glory would fall to you. You would be the proverbial "wind beneath the wings".

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm curious as to where you get the idea that they could be people of other faiths, are steeped in sin, and may not exist...So far as I understand (I'm not very familiar with this area of scripture, just slightly), they are righteous according to God, which, coming from the Jewish holy books, would mean they were righteous according to JHVH, which would mean they would have to worship the one true God, the Jewish God (which, interestingly enough, would mean that they're Christian). On top of that, righteousness entails removal from sin. Though they could be in the thick of sin taking place around them, as righteous men, they could not and would not participate. Finally, from what I understand, God had said there would always be this many righteous men (I'm really not 100% on this promise, though), so, again, since you're taking the information from this source, you have to take either all, nothing, or have a darn good reason to only accept part of it as true.

As to not drawing attention to yourself, humility is one of the most difficult things for us to practice, and in doing so none of the attention or glory would fall to you. You would be the proverbial "wind beneath the wings".

I am not that familiar with this type of scripture either, but in most or all of Hassidic lore (or what I can gather...), the righteous ones are always Jewish. But I am guessing this has more to do with sociology rather then theology. In that part of the world, who else existed outside the world of the Yiddish folk? All they've ever known were other Jews. Perhaps, the righteous are all Jews, non-Jews, or a mixture of both, so as to make it harder for them to find.

The reason why I think that the tzaddik may stay so well hidden is because they may not even know their very nature. If a man does not even know himself, then how would anyone else know whe he is? About folk who are steeped in sin, there are stories of men who are tzaddkiam yet live morally ambigious lives for instance, working in a whorehouse, or being a drunkard, as in the story of God's drunkard. Even a righteous man can live an opposite lifestyle. The holiest are not those who pray the most, or those who fast often or who follow the commandments obediently. It's those who treat their fellow human beings well, and justly. Even a life of sin can be washed away with one great deed that helps or saves many people.

I think you might be right about God promising that there will always be 36 righteous blokes. In Proverbs 10, as I scan the Bible dead quick. The word "righteous" appears quite alot, and that's why it caught my eye. It appears in verse 2 and again in 3. Then in 11, 16, 21, 24, and verse 25 says As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more:but the righteous is an everlasting foundation. I believe that there has to be at least 36 righteous folk in the world. With a population of 6 billion, I think we have a good chance. Hope that clears things up.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

Originally posted by jprophet420

where do you get the 13 evil men from? is there a link for this?

13 men of power. All the presidents, etc. who run the countries. So there may will be 36 rightougs men out there somewhere. But can you please tell us where you get 36 men?

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Moses is a Tzaddikim. With that, there probably aren't even 36 righteous men living amongst us at this time. One perhaps two.

I'm not certain of the remainder of info provided via Wikipedia. Sometimes I wonder about the sources at that place.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
1 Anyway, they stay hidden from view, anonymous from the masses, Perhaps it's intentional, so that they may not arouse suspicion
2 (though if they have nothing to hide, why hide it?
3 or maybe they aren't even aware of them being what they are?
4 These tzaddikim don't necessarly need to be Jewish, as they can be born as a gentile, a muslim or whatever.
5 A possible candidate for Messiah that will only appear, if the world is in dire straits,
6 Is there 36 righteous men in the world?
7 Does anyone think that if these 36 folk were removed...that the world indeed would collapse?

1 It is intentional, yes. See below.
2 It's not because we have something to hide, but because we are shy. And we also need to be left alone to think, analyze and see the connection between things that happen to be wise men.
3 That is often the case too. We are just born the way we are, its not something anyone tell us nor are we trained for it.
4 That is true. I'm not aware of any jewish wiseman. On the other hand, christians and muslims can be called jews too, as all three religions are the same faith, really. Thus they can't be called 'goyim'...
5 The world IS in dire needs. The solutions to the problems exist, but most people have not heard the solutions and thus no change happens. The 36 does not rule the world, we can only give suggestions and then it is up to others to decide what to do.
6 Yes, but we are not organized, nor do we contact each other.
7 No. But then there is hundreds of potensial tzaddikim here in europe alone that can be 'promoted' (by god) at any time if one of us die so maybe it indeed always is 36? Impossible to know, we don't rule the world we just observe it.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If these 36 stay hidden so that no one is aware who they are, then how does anyone know their numbers? Can you tell me how they arrived at this number?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I believe that the origins of 36 righteous men come from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. In the story (or as much as I can recall) Aberham and God haggle over how many righteous men he could find in Sodom.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
36 righteous men. Does that mean the race of man or man as in gender? Do righteous women count??

Seriously - if someone is righteous they wouldn't know it. They would be very humble and recognize their own sinful nature and that they are nothing without God. They wouldn't consider themselves to be righteous.

If anyone goes around saying they are righteous or selfless .... then I am abstolutely sure that they really ARE NOT.

A truly righteous person, as with a truly selfless person, would actually consider themselves to be not righteous enough and not selfless enough.

IMHO

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That's right. I remeber that, in that book in the Old Testment in Gensis, right before Moses. God hagles with Jacob, saying he'll destroy everyone. But Jacob asks God to be a little more understanding. So they hagel from 112 to 73 to 35. Then finally to 12. Then 2. But why the book of Jacob?

[edit on 9/29/2006 by brokenwindows]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes, I am one of the 36.

These people need not even teach... their thoughts alone spread through-out the world.
Its my understanding that these individuals are not particularly wise or knowledgable... but can see simplicity and practicality, and understand higher truths and think of symbolic equations more so than others.

I believe there would be many more than 36 of these individuals these days..
These people are just those whose goal is freedom from all obsessions...
Since it is our obsessions with self that cause most of our hatred.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Yes, I am one of the 36.

I just...

well...I'm not saying I don't believe you...

I guess I just don't picture the 36 hanging out on ATS that's all.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Yes, I am one of the 36.

I just...

well...I'm not saying I don't believe you...

I guess I just don't picture the 36 hanging out on ATS that's all.

I was just implying that anyone can be by choice... 36 is like saying only 144,000 of us are going to heaven...

Some people think 'deeper' thoughts than others... its inevitable.... thought manifests.
Some people are so unconcerned with societal life that they are focused on other things, depending on what they think people call them different things.
If you wake up and think of work or school right away, your solidifying and focusing your energy on a familiar track. People who take themselves out of the usual tracks find themselves in an odd world. They are in a sense, on the 'Outside, Looking in, (as well as out)' .... and those in the usual tracks are on the inside usually looking out, or focusing on the inside.

And honestly not many people are NOT preoccupied with 'life' as we know it.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I was just implying that anyone can be by choice... 36 is like saying only 144,000 of us are going to heaven...

That's fair.

I do kind of like the idea of there being "THE 36."
There's a romance to it.

Maybe I've watched Highlander too many times...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm not too sure if it works this way, but could righteous possibly mean enlightened? Because, it is usually only the truly enlightened beings that are indeed righteous. One thing I would like to know is, who could judge them to be righteous? Since we are not supposed to judge (i've learned it's not good for you) then how can we even qualify somebody as righteous. This is very interesting, but I just don't see where one would draw the line as far as righteous vs. not righteous

Peace and love

Pancho

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

Anyway, they stay hidden from view, anonymous from the masses, as if to cover the tracks of their good deeds, even to the extent of being steeped in sin. Perhaps it's intentional, so that they may not arouse suspicion (though if they have nothing to hide, why hide it?

perhaps they must be a zero, in order to not judge nor exert any other will but the will of truth upon the world.

perhaps they would lose the tools neccesary to confront the "13 evil ones".

anonymity and ultimate relentlessnessingfully of truth and true justice is neccessary for one of these 36. perhaps their cognitive abilities depend upon their willingness to choose the truth above all lies implanted into humanity who speaks double talk and are not even aware of it.

perhaps the ones you speak of are somehow interlinked with timespace, and have the authority granted to them to alter both time and space, allowing them to know the future, the past, and all aspects of the present throughout all existance??

as for the 13?

12 are nothings.

it is the 13th that is the biggest concern, the reason for the 36 in the first place.

the 13th?

"Ophiuchus"

aka ....

"Of eye you choose" aka "Of eye you chose" aka "Of eye you choiced"

aka . . ..

"time phi'd you choose"

Ophiuchus is both the serpent restrainer, and the serpent barer. and a house of the zodiac long removed from the zodiac. Immaculate conception day (December 8th) would fall into the house of Ophiuchus, now considered Sagitarius.

but back to your original question concerning the anonymity issues.

it is what is needed, to keep their zero over their head, and to serve humanity in their greatest hours of need.

These tzaddikim don't necessarly need to be Jewish, as they can be born as a gentile, a muslim or whatever. Anyway, let's get to the bones. There are 36 virtuous folk, and one of them is extra special, a possible Messiah. A possible candidate for Messiah that will only appear, if the world is in dire straits, or enough people have proven worthy for his coming.

yes, because one of the 36 will also be the 13th, and they will be one in the same, for the first time throughout time itself.

As of yet, no Messiah.

i think there are more than 36 rightious in this world, unfortunatley too many have a perpetual and exponential case of amnesia, and computer viruses in their brains.

they are not aware that they have a portion of thier minds that will remain true to themselves, no matter what.

how aware are people of their subconscious minds and the effects they have on everything they create and name?

people are not paying to much attention these days.

one of the largest contributors to air pollution these days is automobiles. blowing fumes out their tailpipes and/or their backsides.

if i were a car i would say:

"see i fart"?

turn "see" into "c" and the pronunciation is the same, right?

"c i fart"

cifart [mirror] trafic

what garden?

edun [mirror] nude

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenwindows
But can you please tell us where you get 36 men?

perhaps the 3 are the neutron, the electron, and the proton, all conscious, all self aware, and all intelligent.

perhaps the 6 are what the 3 are waging war upon.

the number of the beast, the number of man, the number of man's first loves:

1) Fear, needed because of a byproduct of the instinct of "self pre-serve" aka "self before you serve". serve what? anything or anyone, it will always be you first before anything or anyone, which is how one would think of everyone else as well, which is why anonymity is so valued. people would not recognize someone who was "service before selfishness", would they?

2) Food, needed for cellular reproduction.

3) Family, as they nurished you and protected you from harm, and helped lie to you and conceil your fears from you.

4) Friends, as they provided you with the sense of belonging and acceptance you wanted and needed.

5) Fornication, as you were curious about love, and this was the physical manifestation of love.

6) Finances, as more money could provide you with more of what you loved, food, family, friends, fornication, and more money. finances also helped you hide your fears from you.

6 loves, all beginning with the 6th letter of the "all fib i bet", and all placed before the 7th letter of the alphibet, GOD's "g".

666, the number of the beast within men. 6 loves, chosen 6 times before god, all beginning with the 6th letter of the "all fib i bet".

there is a part of your subconscious mind that will continue to calculate all unknowns for you until it has an answer for all you would fear. and people choose to fear the unknown. so, when would one be expecting god's return from going out to find the answers?

1) what is the highest number?
2) what is the lowest negative number?
3) what is the definition of "phi"?
4) what is the definition of the "golden section"?

and i'm sure your subconscious is busy quantifying all other unknowns for you that you might fear.

has any messenger of god, or any angel appeared throughout the entire bible who did not begin by saying: "be not afraid"?????

science perhaps?

make a doctors apointment and have some electrodes hooked up to your brain.

consciously?

peoples conscious minds produce 2,000 sparks of electricity between brain cells per second.

subconsciously?

peoples subconscious minds produce 400,000,000,000 sparks of electricity between brain cells per second.

i guess that sums it up, huh? only being aware of 0.000000002% of your own mind's thoughts. bummer.

if you had your own personal jet liner ... .

and drop 3 zeros off each number.....

you have a personal aircraft capable of moving at a speed of 400,000,000 miles per hour. but peoples' fears only permit them to move 2 miles per hour in it. hard to get off the ground that way, isn't it?

and considering all incoming sensory input first gets delivered to your subconscious mind, and not your conscious mind, how sure are you that reality is reality?

answer:

most people are 0.000000002% aware of their own realities.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Seriously - if someone is righteous they wouldn't know it.

how sure are you of this statement? if someone was righteous, god would recognize it, right? and if a person is recognized by god, wouldn't they know they were recognized by god?

They wouldn't consider themselves to be righteous.

fear is the only step away from the kingdom of heaven. these are -1.

righteous people? they are zeros in their own minds eye.

everyone else? they are god, and they are +1.

If anyone goes around saying they are righteous or selfless .... then I am abstolutely sure that they really ARE NOT.

what have i said that is a lie?

A truly righteous person, as with a truly selfless person, would actually consider themselves to be not righteous enough and not selfless enough.

well, using your own logic to disprove you, consider this.

if one constantly believed they were not righteous, then they would fear god, right?

if i approached a small cute furry wild animal they would go the opposite way because they feared me, right?

if one fears god and is approached by god, wouldn't they run in the opposite direction?

righteous is not fearing god, it is loving truth unconditionally.

r u tame?

are you tame? (see that "e" at the end of "tame"? it makes no sound, i here it not)

r u tam

rutam [mirror] matur

matur?

oh, here you go. you can have your silent "e" back:

mature

from the phrase "are you tame"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join